• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: BOYCOTT THE MANN IN PHILADELPHIA

#59938 3 years, 1 month ago
toddyfurthur wrote:
I was not there but I can relate, especially the hardcore searching causing a backup and frustration as they should notify and post the level of security and give enough time to properly & orderly allow patrons to enter the facility also advise people of the issue and reccomend early entrance..They not only are they trating their patrons like cattle they are losing out on thousands of dollars vending...What kind of a business treats there customers like trash....Security is important in their book but it does not mean you treat the customers like terrorists...I guess because security is so important they give the security team run of the mill and the power and authority to do what they did....Not good business practice and I am sure its not the only time the backup happens and they know it and just love their power and control trip to be assholes because their life sucks and they are owned and a slave to society and faulty disfunctional personal life to boot..They cant stand to see people soooo happy and smiling, It's quite sad that people are so insecure with themselves and a low self esteem that they feel the need to put people through their same hell when they have an opportunity...AND THAT IS THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION...I reccomend everyone possible to contact corporate headquarters for the facilty an inform and complain of the situation in total disgust and mention the point they are also losing money....That shit happened to me at anahiem stadium the dylan and the dead show in 88 i think. They seached hardcore it backup for hundreds of yards at multiple entrances it was almost 100 degrees in temperature people got frustrated and impatient and started charging the gates my buddy had my ticket with his as the crowd rushed i llost vision of my buddy and i got shut out of the show without a ticket i was also locked out of his car too where I had my only cash this is before cell phones of coarse to top it off I just ate a large cap and had to go through a bummer trip not getting in and hearing the stadium Roar and shake like thunder from phils bass as they were blowing it out big time almost getting in like 3 times then not...The only show I got shut out on, so i gues i cant complain.

i usually use a rule of thumb when determining how security will be...my experience it is major cities-regardless of venue, and some small theaters-regardless of location, have the tightest searches to get in, the former for terrorist and upscaled security measures during the time period we currently live in, the latter because most of those joints are really classy and nice, and the folks want to keep it that way...

that sounds rough about that show in 88 man, nothing worse than standing around in the hot sun like a big steer...especially if you've been partying, and not getting your ticket...but really for people to charge the gates is so terrible, not going to help the situation
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#61346 3 years, 1 month ago
sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times i can barely see....
stricken
Gold Boarder

#63639 3 years ago
Would hate to see the mann off the tour .
Last Edit: 3 years ago by stricken. Reason: not approiate
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#66698 3 years ago
2010 shows at the mann where almost..shakedown was nuts the shows were top notch but this year it was a great show but i tried to get in mayb 15 mins before the show started yes i kno a lil late but it took me over 45mins to get in and it was hot as hell out everyone was pushing and fighting it was really bad i did have a blast at the show but there was a guy in the line the whole time a grow man starting a fight with my friend who is a girl it was so bad ppl deff were passing out i missed first 3 songs and my buddy got his bud takein off him, tanks were rageing but they take his ganja, fucked up place but it is a nice place and i would go bak and just go in mad early, live and learn....also food last year for a show was really tastie and healthy this year i had the worst burger that was cold and rubber like i ate 2 bites that i couldnt even sallow and tossed the rest i hate to waste food but that wasnt food so after the store tired to get some food in lot and of course the cops shut everyone down...bullshit
dirty_wook
Junior Boarder

#67380 3 years ago
IF I EVER GET DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 4 CANCER I'M HEADED TO THE MANN WITH MY GAT AND TAKING HALF OF THOSE STEROID SECURITY MONKEYS TO HELL WITH ME!!
StSteven
Junior Boarder

#76326 2 years, 12 months ago
Just saw the thread....fucking reminded me of marlon or whatever his name was....found my light sabre of a laser at the mann this year.

I rocked that shit at bethel, spac and mansfield though Think obnoxious green laser that made a fucking thick ass beam!
-All I know is I feel like I have been asleep my entire life until I discovered this community...Now that I am awake and felt the things I have felt, I never want it to stop.
-My Quote-
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds