• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Furthur - Verizon Wireless Amp 07/31/2011

#45954 3 years, 1 month ago
He really is just incredible. I can't get over how blown away I am with this show, and what I've heard of this tour, even not actually being at any of them. I don't mean to sound silly, but are they turning into a truly phenomenal band or is it just me? I feel like what i've heard the past two weeks is just leaps and bounds better than what I was introduced to in 2009/2010. Certainly another world from past configurations. Just amazing!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ruby_claire
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45955 3 years, 1 month ago
Watch jeff play death don't have no mercy. Its almost religious. Also check out his organ play in St Aug last night in franklin's tower, especially the end. Great stuff. He's carrying on a great tradition and doing a super job putting his own signature and spin on some old tunes and refreshing change. Im a big fan for sure.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45956 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
He really is just incredible. I can't get over how blown away I am with this show, and what I've heard of this tour, even not actually being at any of them. I don't mean to sound silly, but are they turning into a truly phenomenal band or is it just me? I feel like what i've heard the past two weeks is just leaps and bounds better than what I was introduced to in 2009/2010. Certainly another world from past configurations. Just amazing!!

You gotta get out to some shows. Its been just incredible lately. Jk has been tearing it up too. Bobs been on fire, and only Phil can do what Phil does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#45958 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
You know, the other night when Neverstop said Jeff was better than Brent I wanted to reach through the screen and kick him. Real hard. Not so much anymore...

I completely understand. Jeff will never replace Brent. But Jeff's so good, it's scary. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#45970 3 years, 1 month ago
Missed the tail end of the stream. Wife was starving so we had to hit a diner. Doesn't matter, I'm buying a SBD of this show. Love that NFA sandwich. Overall, the perfect capper to a remarkably strong tour, particularly considering the weather. Is this band special or what?

Bring On The Beacon!!!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#45971 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:

It's exactly what I'm hearing.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#45982 3 years, 1 month ago
Wow I'm ever so grateful to be able to catch a show this tour and I'm so glad it was this one! They melted my face off from the very beginning. When they started with the Not Fade Away I knew they were gonna bring it tonight! The Jerry tribute what just what I was looking for! The Mission was amazing! You could tell Bobby was giving it his all to make Jerry proud. It was a real emotional moment. Then ending it with the most rocking Deal I've hear in a while. It defiantly reminded me of a Jerry Band version for sure!

The peak was definitely the Bird Song jamming. It got real intense. The energy was almost unbearable. But that's when it's the best right? Then a really good Terrapin and loved The new twist to china>Ryder. Love when they switch it up! So glad they ended the set with NFA so I could show my love when they left the stage. An amazing band. Amazing musicians! Amazing night!

Thank you Furthur. Thank you Georgia! My first time coming south and I love it! Im so glad all you heads out three got to hear it on the couch tour!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#45986 3 years, 1 month ago
@neverstop66 and Sunshine Sue ~ My brother almost blacked my eye for saying that I thought Jeff was better than Brent. I was always more of a Keith fan because Keith got the ragtime, but Jeff is far superior IMHO

Bro's still missing Jerry and having a hard time embracing Furthur. I played him a couple of different examples of Jeff and John tearing it upand slowly he is coming around.
He's now even willing to go to The Cuthbert shows w/me (if he can find a babysitter)

I am seriously blown away by Jeff, I could listen to him all day <3

I am so happy with this combination of musicians, every time I listen to a show(especially from this year) I have to pinch myself, because I almost can't believe it's real.
... And I haven't smiled this much in a VERY long time!!

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by ruby_claire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, neverstop66
prasada
Junior Boarder

#45994 3 years, 1 month ago
can't wait to hear it...another great show. i am going to ride the streams to my next show. sounds like there are some good surprises waiting for me! xoxo
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#46016 3 years, 1 month ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I am so happy with this combination of musicians, every time I listen to a show(especially from this year) I have to pinch myself, because I almost can't believe it's real.
... And I haven't smiled this much in a VERY long time!!

Isn't it just the most amazing thing?! THAT feeling is back and in a big way! : )
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, ruby_claire
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds