• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Furthur - St. Augustine Amp 07/30/2011

#45674 3 years ago
More tomorrow. Dead center on the rail all night. Good times, good jams.
IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, Equinox, PMoondancer , wlewis, MushroomMan, SunshineSue, ScarlettStar, Ken
Chadwell
Junior Boarder

#45696 3 years ago
Definitely like the looks of this show as well. Great song selection in first set, and second set features some very interesting looking stuff. So glad they're keeping the Playin' in the vicinity of the Help > Tower suite, really liked it at the Mann. Features room for a lot of good things to happen. Also shows they're not only experimenting, but running with the proven new ideas.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45703 3 years ago
Hey ya'll! Couldn't give a halftime report tonight, sorry. I was preoccupied lol. Better late than never. I will tell you that the first set really got me grooving tonight. Stagger Lee was so damn funky. Jeff was working his magic back there and it was just phenomenal. He's Gone was a crowd sing along, felt great. Jack straw is another tune I could hear every show and never complain. Celebration surprised me. Im always wanting those old GD tunes but this song needs to be worked in regularly. Its really a great tune. Some of the licks remind me of Sugar Mag. And Just little Light was so so funky groovy. Especially the jam leading into it. This was the hottest weather in the last 3 days. It was a sweat fest. The set break was welcomed by all I would say. Especially after all that fast paced tunage and groovin and dancing. We were right in front of the soundboard tonight. Great seats, great sound. Again, Stagger Lee was a masterpiece. Download it and crank it up all the way, you'll see exactly what Im saying. It was a great first set. Looking at it on paper doesn't do it justice. So so good. Crowd was nice and lively too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, Equinox, PMoondancer , MushroomMan, Chadwell, bokb, *roses*are*free*
TD Carowindz
Fresh Boarder

#45705 3 years ago
yeah, great poster, thanks for uploading it, i was at simpsonville the night before, anyone know where i can get a poster for that show?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45710 3 years ago
So along comes set 2. Cassidy? What's that doing there? Surprise surprise lol. It was great. So I can always sniff out the wheel whenever they play it. Im always like you hear that? I hear the wheel coming. So all of a sudden im like hey, I hear the wheel in there. But it can't be this early, right? Nope, here comes this powerful wheel. Very impressive. Im not usually into Mountain Song, but it was a nice jam tonight. Uncle Johns Band was stellar. The band really had their wa wa wa going tonight. That's the best way I could spell it. So many roads was well played with a nice powerful ending. Colors of the rain signals that its time for more rum runners. I just can't get into this song. It was looooong too. There was a couple cool little jams in there but if you give me a list of every song they play and had me rank them, it would probably be at the bottom for me. But hey, that's just me. Now about that help slip playin franklin's playin. It was totally cool how that worked out. It was seamless. Awesome jamming in that help slip and some neat twists in there. It was a little slower beat than usual which made it like funkadelic. I don't know what im saying now lol. Playin went along the same lines. Seemed slower but in a good funky way. Maybe I was starting to have heat stroke, but I was thinking that I've never heard it played in this way. Ill have to listen to the cd tomorrow to find out if I was just dreaming all this. Franklin's got the crowd all reved up. And of course they had to finish what they started with the playin reprise, which sounded great. Lots of fun. Much jamming in the second set. It was another great show. They brought the goods again tonight. Joe Russo is the best drummer I have ever seen play period. He plays all of his drums all of the time. I don't know how to really explain it but its amazing. Phil carried this funkadelic groove theme all night. And he threw in a bomb during the wheel that reverberated right through my entire body. It felt so good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, ruby_claire, Equinox, PMoondancer , MushroomMan, Chadwell, bokb
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#45711 3 years ago
Awesome reviews neverstop -- sounds like you were having some fun tonight

was suprised they didn't do One More Saturday Night - I would of prefered it, just cause its One More Saturday Night! but hey thats just me - certainly no complaints here and wouldn't be complaining if I was there. Looking at the setlist (the picture of it) you can see they left the encore open, which is cool just do whatever they're feeling.

look at me earlier in the thread talking about how few of their new songs their playing this tour and then they play 2 more in the 2nd set for a total of 3 tonight....
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
Chadwell
Junior Boarder

#45718 3 years ago
Damn... neverstop, took me there. Great review.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
Steve
Junior Boarder

#45726 3 years ago
I agree with neverstop - Russo is a GREAT drummer. Love his playing. I was concerned when they went to 1 drummer, but he is a berserker up there.
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, neverstop66, bow4bass
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#45738 3 years ago
It's rough, but worth a watch over breakfast:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ruby_claire, neverstop66
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#45756 3 years ago
Thanks for the video!!!

It's so crazy to be able to see and hear the shows so soon after they happen. I keep remembering the old days of taping and the months we sometimes had to wait to hear anything.

I think I'm gonna have a hard time after tonight. It was pretty bad when I got back from tour, but there were always the updates, and a stream or two to feed my jones, but now....
maybe we'lll get a little TRI action in the off time or(even better) an announcement of a late fall midwest tour. One can hope...

Anyone else notice the huge plumes of smoke periodically wafting up from the crowd ~ LOL

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ruby_claire.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds