• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
uucowboy
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur - Raleigh Amphitheater 07/28/2011

#45642 3 years ago
This was my first show since Ratdog came to Raleigh in 2008(?).

I thought the guys were great. I for one am glad they moved to this venue instead of Walnut Creek (or whatever they call it now). This was much more intimate.

First set was hot. They had some fun with Hell in a Bucket and Row Jimmy. Bobby's Hard Rain was very sweet.
Second set was just plain nuts. Just when you thought it was safe to start a new song they brought out Viola Lee - 3 times! They really seemed to be enjoying themselves despite the heat. Morning Dew ... John made it his bitch.

I'm hoping someone will post a recording on archive.org soon... pleeeeeeeeeease!
Attachments:
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#45821 3 years ago
What a show I think I've already posted that. Wow that was my first viola lee and to have bertha and next time you see me in the sandwich was fn hot. They played that so down and dirty the energy was like lightning. That Morning Dew was intense. I loved this show. It was my 6 th furthur show and my favorite and I was in simpsonville the next night as well
GOOD LOVE
gratefuldeadmom
Fresh Boarder

#45829 3 years ago
Really enjoyed the roadtrip down from Michigan with my best friend/hubby to see this show and Simpsonville, but I must say, this venue was not my favorite place to see the band!

I know that many of you loved the show, and as far as the band goes, it was GREAT!!!! However, I thought the sound at this venue was like a tin-can with too many outside "city" noises interfering with the sound quality. And the security frisked my husband coming in the venue, what was up with all the city Police officers walking around???? All this took away from the vibe of the venue in my opinion.

Overall, LOVED the music at the show, band was great!!!!

Would not recommend this venue for many "dancing" shows, prices for the beer was $10!!!!

Raleigh needs to work on this venue.....
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45845 3 years ago
Its funny how everyone can be at the same show and have such different takes. Its so individual based and just depends on your frame of mind and outlook. I thought the venue was so cool. A furthur show right in the middle of a city block? Are you shitting me? Phil was loving it the whole show. We were right up front and I always have myself a ball up there. The sound was great where I was standing. The shakedown was alive and well there. Cops were all over but not bothering us one bit. Just a police presence. Maybe they were protecting us? Never got hassled one bit coming into the show. They opened my cooler and I had like 10 bottles of water in there and I was only allowed 1 and he just let me through. But most importantly it was an absolutely killer show.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds