• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Furthur - Raleigh Amphitheater 07/28/2011

#45005 3 years, 2 months ago
What a great venue, so relaxed I saw no hassles except for the ones between each other. Saw a fight between a guy and his lady over there dog and the dog suffered but a lady stepped in and protected the dog and the dog seemed to leave in peace.

The show was off the hook I see nothing wrong with Bobby.
John killed on Morning Dew.

What a beautiful night. Got a hug from a stranger. She was like I really want to hug you and it was a beatiful thing.

See you guys in Simpsonville. Oh don't buy the choco mush balls from a pasty looking girl there bunk. Booooo on here
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, ablebaker, Daisy Mae
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#45006 3 years, 2 months ago
Nice, very nice. Can't wait to hear this tomorrow. Love me some Viola Lee Blues!
faulk
Fresh Boarder

#45017 3 years, 2 months ago
quadlibet for tender feet.......not just viola lee...quadlibet 2X
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#45025 3 years, 2 months ago
just got home from the show the first set was good but wow the second set completely killed it the viola>bertha was awesome the whole second set was rockin'
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#45027 3 years, 2 months ago
This was one fantastic show! Alligator, some good sing alongs, a wicked Hell in a Bucket and a special Dylan tune. The second set was even BETTER! than it looks. Big fan of Viola Lee and rolling a Bertha; Next time You See Me; Cryptical/Other One into it was one of the best sequences I have ever seen. The Morning Dew was amazing and the jam during Mountains was this band at the top of their game. But wait, there's more: Let It Grow and Sugar Mag/SSDD were f'n flying! The J B Goode encore was almost too much. If these guys ever played a better show I wanna know about it.

Phil sounded great, no slowing down in that boy. John keeps getting better (see the Dew), Joe is a force of nature on the drums, and Jeff always does incredible things (just wish he was louder in the mix). I love this band!
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#45051 3 years, 2 months ago
"Oh don't buy the choco mush balls from a pasty looking girl there bunk. Booooo on here"

That sucks man sorry to hear, sucks getting ripped off...... I never ate chocolates but my guess is that people make them to put less mushrooms in since you can't tell how much your getting and plus you eat chocolates and you don't know what the mushrooms actually looked like, they could of been rotting and you wouldn't know ---- oh and then of course people make them to jip others like you found out ......

always better to get actual mushrooms - it dosn't make anything more potent by cooking it in chocolate either so don't believe anyone telling you that. When you buy a bag of mushrooms always look at the stems where they were picked and there should be blue around that area (blue bruising). Psilocybin mushrooms bruise blue where they are cut or picked. You should also make sure they arn't moist, they should really be cracker dry but you probably wont find that to often. If you ever have to store any then make sure they are cracker dry and either freeze them for long storage or in a zip lock with a few desicant packets in a cool dark place and they'll stay good for a few months at least like that.

show looked amazing tonight I hope you all loved it. I passed out waiting to see what comes after Mountains of the Moon, good to hear that Bob looked good.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#45058 3 years, 2 months ago
i went to see Greensky Bluegrass at Slims in SF, so i'm just getting home and checking the 2nd set. pretty sweet! looks like a real hot show in general. looking forward to hearing this one.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#45070 3 years, 2 months ago
wow some 2nd set amazing 14 songs wow longest of the tour,(I'm counting everything), wonder if they will break out Colors Of The Rain on this tour?
Clay
Fresh Boarder

#45073 3 years, 2 months ago
It was a hot show indeed. I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. The band was tight and flowed effortlessly from song to song. This was something that I was worried about because the last time I saw any of the guys it was for the Dead's reunion stuff after Jerry passed away.

There were several high points for me. Alligator moving into Gloria for the opener was just plain hot. Hard Rain as the closer for the first set was brilliant and communicated nothing but growing energy in the music. The sound was intense. Viola Lee Blues -> Bertha (Way Hot!) -> Viola Lee Blues -> Next Time You See Me -> Viola Lee Blues was Long hot and the only term I can come up with is tightly focused rock improv. Morning Dew....

Okay, you get the point. I really liked this show. A LOT!
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Clay. Reason: Needed to add more as an explanation for my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
Gatorwolftigerrosebud
Fresh Boarder

#45089 3 years, 2 months ago
Great show! I was originally bummed about the venue change, but damn, what a great venue! I managed to finagle my way right up front for the first set, and I swear Phil looked at me ;P. Probably one of the best Row Jimmy's I've ever heard, especially Jeff's solo. Went back to the lawn for the second set, and holy shit, what a second set! They played with such energy on such a hot night, and John K was on fire! I'm sitting here at work basking in the afterglow, trying to come up with words to describe what went down last night. I saw a ton of shows in the 80s and 90s, and while I've enjoyed the furthur shows I've seen, it just wasn't quite the same for me. Last night changed that...it was magical! Amazing night!!! Furthur - it's good for what ails ya!
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, Bakes, prasada
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#45181 3 years, 2 months ago
CosmicCharlie
Fresh Boarder

#45337 3 years, 2 months ago
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds