• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MindLeftBodyJam
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur-Canandaigua, NY 07/26/2011

#44186 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
bobs condition was botching promised land, taking 3 times to get the first verse, only to drag along the rest of the song

show was a good time some really fantastic moments i am too tired to post my review it will come later

i also heard his solo shows have been canceled/rescheduled.....what is going on here bobby

thx for the mini review. maybe he's suffering from "exhaustion" again
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#44211 2 years, 8 months ago
CMACSetlist.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
prasada
Junior Boarder

#44246 2 years, 8 months ago
And We Bid You Goodnight

...took my breath and soothed my soul

oh, how i love those moments...to all who where there, thanks for sharing it with me!
to all who listen later, enjoy!
nastero
Junior Boarder

#44252 2 years, 8 months ago
prasada wrote:
And We Bid You Goodnight

...took my breath and soothed my soul

oh, how i love those moments...to all who where there, thanks for sharing it with me!
to all who listen later, enjoy!

Yes indeed. That was one I very much wanted to hear, it was transcendent. Loved the whole show and was entertained by Bobby blowing the lyrics to Promised Land a few times. He stuck with it though and pulled it out admirably. I thought he more than made up for it with his work in the 2nd set, especially on She's So Heavy and Black Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
kfender
Gold Boarder

#44279 2 years, 8 months ago
I fall into the camp of not really digging Bobby singing the Jerry ballads but the Black Peter has grown on me,which is weird because it's one of my favorite tunes.Last night's version was excellent if you ask me.very well done indeed,they even worked it around to the see here how everything line a second time.Well done indeed!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#44295 2 years, 8 months ago
Fantastic. It is up on the archive already. I'll be pressing play after this smoking Cumberland from PNC!

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-26.AKG481
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
nastero
Junior Boarder

#44297 2 years, 8 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Fantastic. It is up on the archive already. I'll be pressing play after this smoking Cumberland from PNC!

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-26.AKG481

Awesome, I went and talked to this taper before the show and thanked him in advance for his work. He has some of the better recordings on archive
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#44319 2 years, 8 months ago
well what can i say about last night......hmmm..... good show! bobby looked like shit! he screwed up more than a few times- but just as fun for us to catching him fucking up!

got to be on the isle in 2nd row center, best seats i have ever had- having said that- all the assholes who thought they could come and stand in front of me got to feel my wrath- one dumb ass tried to hang out between me and my SEAT!!! WTF people have a tiny bit of respect!! ok i wont continue on that rant cause i could go on for a while - i will just say that an awesome bouncer who i called CLINT had my back all nite and really made a bad thing much better! thanks bud!!!

this was the last show for us on this tour -- maybe i am spoiled now but.... there were some painfully slow points and at times i had to remind myself it wasn't sunday(felt like it at times) loved hearing jk sing- nice change!
i just kept waiting for them to really rip -- and they attempted it a few times- but never really got me off! my favorites were 900,000 tons of steel and they love each other was nice and uncle johns into black pete was good as well- gimmie some lovin" was about as cranked up as it got! all shows are good shows- this just wasn't my favorite.

had the pleasure of meeting Chester and 83msg & wifey -it was sooo nice to meet you guys!!! ramble on rose- sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up- hope you had fun!
i will try to get some pics up when i get a minute!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#44323 2 years, 8 months ago
I am with you sista , I am a little girl been to a few shows where it is mostly new bees huge guys wanna stand on top of me in front of me , good thing I got a hubby with a nice touch to say hay dude my wife is trying to see you can see 2 ft over her head let her pass , usually works , I dont like getting my feet stomped on respect peace
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#44345 2 years, 8 months ago
Great to finaly meet you Queenie. Yeah, Bobby looked tired. Screwed up a few lyrics. Most notably on Promised land.
Nothing serious. All in all, a very good performance, with a lot of high points. Excellent song choices. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds