• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
deadegad
Gold Boarder

Re: PNC Bank Center, Holmdel, NJ 7/24/2011

#43527 2 years, 9 months ago
It was another great show last night. Here Comes Sunshine was an appropriate opener as the sun was finally burning through the cloud cover.
BEW
Junior Boarder

#43540 2 years, 9 months ago
Agree it was an exhilarating, elevating kick ass show with a amazing coool hard core Dead audience ...BUT not crazy about so many repeats of the set-list from Jones Beach...my ONLY criticism...cause they played it to pieces!!! FN great show!
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#43554 2 years, 9 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
Great vibe at that show. Liked the venue. Very civilized beer lines and bathroom. Liked the crowd. All great.

Only thing was that security was a bit over zealous..

Yes the crowd and personnel were great. The State Police presence while necessary can be real ball-busters. There was a path through the woods to another parking lot where the Shakedown Street Persian Bazaar was set up.

I kept wondering, and would not be the least bit surprised if there were a couple of State Troopers up in the trees waiting to make an arrest of somebody for doing something. LOL! Or maybe like army sniper they could have rag, and netting outfits, on while lying in the underbrush to put another Dead Head in jail. LOL!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by deadegad.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#43557 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Equinox wrote:
And the intended encore was...?

yeah, and it looks like they may have cut two other songs at the end end of the 2nd set. it was still an awesome show!

That Jack Straw really was a barn burner one of the finest!
I Am Fish
Fresh Boarder

#43560 2 years, 9 months ago
Took my 5 year old to his first show. For us it was excellent as they kicked it off with a lot of upbeat tunes which set the mood perfectly for him. What a treat that his first experience was such an excellent show! Thanks guys!
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#43573 2 years, 9 months ago
Here is Set Two from last night kiddies:

www.ustream.tv/recorded/16230002
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, skidoo, AlpineValley81
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#43579 2 years, 9 months ago
Zipster wrote:
Here is Set Two from last night kiddies:

www.ustream.tv/recorded/16230002

thanks Zipster. i'm hoping to see this show up at etree befor the day is over.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#43682 2 years, 9 months ago
the first recording of this show has been posted to etree...

bt.etree.org/details.php?id=547019
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#43693 2 years, 9 months ago
awesome show JK is really coming along nicely and getting very comfotable in the position
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
pchulo58
Junior Boarder

#43697 2 years, 9 months ago
great show cumberland was sick. boys were on
Let there be songs to fill the air.
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

#43717 2 years, 9 months ago
i just have to say what a totally smokin show. hooked up with an old friend i haven't seen in 10 years, and took a last
minute trip up togeher. i had only planned to see them at the mann, and mann o mann, am i glad i took the trip. thought saturday was a great show, although a little slow 1set. no doubt, with the heat!! but last night? WOW WOW WOW!! is all i can say. missed the opener and part of jack straw, but was so grateful for everything else. i think every song was well played and full of energy. my 1st set highlights ..not counting what i missed!! would be cumberland, and stranger. although the whole night was one big highlight. thought they would have trouble topping saturdays 2nd set, but it happened!!! 2nd set.. really cool moment when bobby acknowledged the thousands of adoring fans screaming, and watching him lift his guitar and bow his head, as if being very humbled by the crowd. just a real cool moment..the wheel opener was just amazing, and gave me all the confirmation i needed to realize an eyes was on the way. you could hear it coming in the final jam of the wheel. forgot it was sunday and was pleasantly surprised with the samson. then of course the eyes. wants not to love about this song. to top everything off, the terrapin suite was nothing short of stellar. what an incredible song, that to me, sums up what the dead music is all about. the throwing stones was awesome. it's funny, they played this song many many times in the 90's, and i heard it so many times that it lost a little luster. ever since furthur started up a few years ago, i have been chasing this song, and was finally estatic to hear it once again. will always wonder what was supposed to come next? loved the touch.. all i can say, is this band gets better and better everytime i see them, and they never cease to amaze me.
"thank you, for a real good time"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#43724 2 years, 9 months ago
My recording just finished uploading to the LMA.

New link LMA moved it so the old link broke...

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-2...igigal.115053.flac16
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by DigiGal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Bakes, newyawker, AlpineValley81
Time to create page: 1.11 seconds