• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
tonybaldwin
Fresh Boarder
without love in a dream, it will never come true

Re: Furthur at GOTV - 7/22/2011 Setlist

#43072 3 years, 3 months ago
Opening Minglewood.

Edit: trying to embed this, but doesn't seem to be working, so here's the video URL.

Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by tonybaldwin. Reason: trouble trying to embed yt vid
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#43126 3 years, 3 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
That's one helluva set list right there!

WeirStillHere2011 wrote:
Unbelievable show!! - best of the tour that I've seen...

really? i had exactly the opposite reaction.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#43217 3 years, 3 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: furthuronuptheroad, SunshineSue
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#43219 3 years, 3 months ago
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#43224 3 years, 3 months ago
That Deep Elem was the perfect Sunday-morning-with-a-cup-of-coffee music!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#43225 3 years, 3 months ago
I agree. That's some really good stuff. The coffee ain't bad either ;p
furthuronuptheroad
Fresh Boarder

#43246 3 years, 3 months ago
thanks for the videos. made my morning/early afternoon!!
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#43304 3 years, 3 months ago
We arrived in Bridgeport with a day pass for this show and no place to stay for the night. We attempted to try and camp to no avail. Point One for the organizers; please provide one day camping for this venue and festival. Some folks just can't stay three or four days. We aprked at the Community College Parking Garage and waited almost 30 minutes for a bus in 100 degree temperatures. Then we had to wait online for about another 30 minutes to get our tickets turned into wrist bands for the Friday only shows. We also had to carry all our stuff to the main stage area. Having said all this and reiterating that the place is inaccesible and confusing to find we set up our stuff and were able to purchase water for three bucks a 24 oz. bottle, which ain't bad considering every other venue was selling 16oz waters for 5-6 bucks.

The Taj Mahal Trio was excellent and played for some time before Tedeschi and Trucks played...excellent music and ear candy for sure. Levon Helms band played and as usual this was a treat for all...unfortunately the temperatire seemed to go up to about 105 dgrees with 100% humidity and I felt like my potato had been baking too long. The Attic of my Life was incredible and oh so sweet.

Furthur arrived to a sound check quality Mingleewood which proved to be about right as Friend Of the Devil was perrrrrrfect. This show was probably the most country western rock and roll review of the tour so far...the songs were excellent and the place was dusty and hot. The most like a Grateful Dead stadium show I have seen since the 90's and the dancing never stopped all show. Chinese lanterns filled the shy while actors on stilts danced and laser lights played amongst what clouds floated by.

This was our 5th show in seven days and we were slightly pooped but the band kept us on our toes throughout, first set a western hoe down and the second set a delight in musical stylie changeups from St. Stephen to the Encore of Ripple. I only wish we had more time and money and energy. This band seems to be immune from the heat cuz the place was hot.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Zipster. Reason: Adding Pic
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#43601 3 years, 2 months ago
Zipster - there are plenty of hotels nearby and the one I could see from my camp site didn't look sold out but you could always make early arrangments to. I know its extra money but trust me it was brutal camping in that heat... great show! .... the Vibes is always a good time, hope they are back again next year.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#43670 3 years, 2 months ago
a recording of this show is available at etree...

bt.etree.org/details.php?id=546970

i'm sure other sources will follow
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by .
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#43672 3 years, 2 months ago
Mushroomman, I was probably not as prepared as I should have been but stiill think the GOTV folks should provide day camping somewhere.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds