• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: SPAC 7/19/11 Setlist

#42247 3 years, 2 months ago
Might have to buy this one on CD.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#42253 3 years, 2 months ago
1st set replay stream here
www.ustream.tv/recorded/16114579

2nd set replay here.
www.ustream.tv/recorded/16119720
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Bakes.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#42259 3 years, 2 months ago
Equinox wrote:
GREAT second set.

Oh yes! Listening to Caution right now and they're tearing it up!
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#42290 3 years, 2 months ago
Beautiful night, great music and vibes all around! Can't wait for Mansfield.
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#42313 3 years, 2 months ago
Wow. That was a wild show.

The Jeff Frank recording is already up on the archive. These are the days of miracle and wonder, indeed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae, Bakes
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#42326 3 years, 2 months ago
mirabelasunshine wrote:
Wow. That was a wild show.

The Jeff Frank recording is already up on the archive. These are the days of miracle and wonder, indeed.

Just listened to the 2nd set. That Viola Lee kicks some serious ass!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#42518 3 years, 1 month ago
awsome show a little light as far as the crowd but all good , great list amazing again I danced all night thank you guys peace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#42593 3 years, 1 month ago
left WNY at about 10:30 am had to drive around and pick up some folks, grilled out on a thruway parking area (figured they'd shut us down for grilling at spac) and finally got to the area at about 4 pm...lot was open earlier than the 5pm time they stated, thank god...the parking situation was pretty messy i was in the 2nd lot over the bridge where shakedown st was set up..ended up parking in front of michael christner from here on the board...said i looked familiar after we introduced and coincidentally he was posting on here as well, small world i tell ya...cops were out and on the prowl first thing i saw as i sit in my camping chair a cop on atv hassle some guy stepping out of his vehicle, shake him down take his shit and cruise...left me uncomfortable doing ANYTHING for the remainder of the afternoon...i also ran into mushroom man and his brother..

thanks to my man SMILEY i had another killer pavilion seat, like 10th row in front of JK and bob on the aisle...great security keeping the stragglers out of the way giving me ultimate grooving room...

here comes the sun opener was a curveball for me, i saw them do it at best buy was pretty cool...it was nice though, real beautiful with a quick and poignant jam at the end...cosmic charlie was a pleasant follow up i was thinking about this song early in the day...the vocals blended really well throughout, phil was loving it. pride of cucamonga was great the jam was really sweet phil leading it and a pretty decent drop back into the main riff..phils voice sounded very good..hell in a bucket kicked the excitement up another level, bob really taking hold of it and giving it his all, JK doing some excellent work on that guitar..first set so many roads was killer, the friend i've been hitting most shows with has been really wanting to hear it so i know he's happy up in the balcony..sailor>saint was really nice...the latter really had the place moving...john was doing some extremely trippy shit, and then a top notch casey jones to close things up...the energy on the casey jones was up there, the best easily since the ames iowa version (where phils knees begin buckling from the intensity) in nov 2010

i was thinking a scarlet opener for #2 but instead a born cross eyed, bob taking his time to get it just right...i thought it was pretty good, i like it because it is fun to bounce to and fairly quick, good platform to launch from, especially into a mind thumping caution...phil was really exploring things before officially taking off on this one, not one note untouched on that beautiful modulus bass...he just threw it down bob providing good vocals with rap...during set break i promised the crew in the lawn we'd hear the other one, and if we're lucky a crypitcal...it's good to be right sometimes.....i enjoy the cryptical intro, took them a little bit to find the launch time for other one but once they did we were in the zone, GREAT interplay by the group during this one..you could hear them coming to a close on TOO but as not sure where we were headed but they segued beautifully into wharf rat, and the crowd went nuts, a FANTASTIC version--jk really 'understands' this song...as they came down and started jamming i could hear eclipse coming, i was there for the bust out at radio city and was happy to see it again, really neat..phil was teasing mts of the moon a little earlier in the set and there it was, taking us to neptune and back--great to see this band playing this song, i even dig the phil vox on it...the uncle johns i've been wanting to hear since bethel finally comes out and a great one at that, backend jam really in the groove....the opening note of viola was enough to liven the crowd up and we were sent through a psychadelic vortex...nothing completely out of the ordinary for a viola lee except its late placement..great way to cap a set though, first or second...

i had not considered the box of rain encore but happy as usual phil sounded great and the jam they play during that song now is really developing...phil was pleased with this he shot JK and chimenti a thumbs up both individually right after

this show was my favorite of the three NY shows i saw in the past week...they seem to be sounding a little better each night..weir sounded MUCH better tonight than the previous sat/sun...keep rocking guys and i'll see ya'll in philly
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#42610 3 years, 1 month ago
Thank you for a great review.

I also think this band is getting better.I have trouble with all of these "last tour" rumors,they are having to much fun.A moment or two may seem forced or rehearsed but so what,the rest of it is really strong music.I've spent well over twenty evenings with these guys and I can tell you this is a really good time.For anyone still on the fence,pay no attention to all this negative bullshit.I'm not sure what there problem is,if they haven't figured out that this is not the Grateful Dead yet,they are just not going to get it.I say go,enjoy it,you will.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
PhilsFurthurDawg
Fresh Boarder

#42624 3 years, 1 month ago
Listening to this show right now. I thought Here Comes The Sun was a good opener. I thought John had a good solo in this song. The rest of the first set is pretty good. I really liked Sailor>Saint. Casey Jones just rapping up now, cant wait to hear the second set looks like fire.
Good recording here: www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-19.sunboy.flac16
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds