• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

Re: Tower Theater 3/22/11

#4290 3 years, 7 months ago
Awesome show, JK on some of those was spooky.
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#4293 3 years, 7 months ago
how was the lovelight?
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
zman
Fresh Boarder

#4314 3 years, 7 months ago
Looks like a nice show!
jphlow
Fresh Boarder
Whats up ......

#4315 3 years, 7 months ago
Does look like a killer show, wonder why, or whos on the beatles kick.... Would have love to see the dear mr fantasy. aww when jerry did that , ooo so good. They sound more like the dead now then since when they were. ready to pack the wife and baby and get back on the bus....
ricke
Fresh Boarder

#4325 3 years, 7 months ago
Show was a real good time. I'll be back again tomorrow. For me, the Viola > Comes a Time > Viola > Death Don't > Viola was the hightlight.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by ricke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#4344 3 years, 7 months ago
First Iko Iko
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#4398 3 years, 7 months ago
this show was a lot of fun, many songs played well with some interesting jams, conversely some sloppy transitions and a couple minor half assed lyrics....cassidy opener was not my expectation. it seemed a little slower with more exploratory work from JK than normal. bertha was up and fun, not very loud bombs from phil like i was hoping but good version. high on a mountain came out, a mediocre version, nothing spectacular. me and my uncle started ok, bob even allowing himself another set of measures to group up for the lyrics and then he botched it-it picked up good momentum by the end and gave us the first mama tried of the tour, i enjoyed..it must have been the roses was a highlight for me, a knockout version, JK ever so sweet and delicate..first ashes and glass of the tour, was pretty good--lost some crowd energy but had me moving..foolish heart was incredible..many people thought the one from wallingford was great (despite its many flaws) so this one is going to knock your socks right off folks...everything about it was great!!

the second set opens up with the first iko iko played by furthur, and it did not disappoint. everybody in the theater was bopping around to this one--weir was a little low in vocal volume but JK was yellin and lickin his chops--i was also digging what jeff and sunshine were doing with backup vocals, added a neat little sway..estimated prophet was mind bending, no territory left unexplored..the jam that ensued after this sounded very other one-esque but sounded off key or out of time, maybe both. it found its way to a fantas>jude reprise..neat for this early in the second set...revolution to follow was good, better than some of the other versions they've done..another viola for the tour but as always well jammed...the sandwich included comes a time and death dont have no mercy, both done beautifully, especially the former..lovelight to close was fun and energetic...box of rain encore was my call and we got it..great end to a fun night, cant wait for tomorrow!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
msbear
Fresh Boarder

#4415 3 years, 7 months ago
The Bertha was high energy. Loved the Me and Uncle>Mama Tried; Highlight of the first set still had to be It Must Have Been the Roses. The second set was awesome all the way through. Everyone talks about JK, but I have to give a shout out to JC on keyboards. He was out of his mind on Fantasy. Wish I could be there tonight, but life calls.
DelawareDead
Fresh Boarder

#4435 3 years, 7 months ago
Smikin' show from start to finish!! The Roses and Comes A Time were both sweet. JK can really slow it down and belt it out. Chimenti has really been on fire...maybe it's that they finally turned him up in the mix. And I can't say enough abot Russo, that guy is a beast. This band is tight!! Can't wait for tonight....
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#4442 3 years, 7 months ago
I really enjoy watching Jk and Jeff close in on Bobby.JK walks toward him and Jeff plays at him and he has no choice but to move,it brings a smile to my face every time.Keeps Weir playing young...I dig it!
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
4fingerman60
Fresh Boarder

#4766 3 years, 7 months ago
great show! thought the venue was neat. still want to know what it loks like from the balcony..cant wait till the next show.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds