• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SPAC84
Junior Boarder

Re: Bethel Woods 7/16/11 Setlist

#41589 3 years, 2 months ago
Amazing show last night! The new video screen is supreme in terms of visual effects and whoever was running the board last night was having one hell of a time with all of the bells and whistles. SPAC on deck for Tuesday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#41877 3 years, 2 months ago
looks like a winner !
how big was the crowd ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#41947 3 years, 2 months ago
I wasn't in the lawn but it seemed pretty packed there ..... during the first set there were a lot of empty seats though
kfender
Gold Boarder

#41984 3 years, 2 months ago
we rented chairs and layed down blankets on the lawn and had so much room!It was so nice to have so much room
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#41998 3 years, 2 months ago
it was fantastic to be back at my favorite NYS outdoor amphitheater, bethel woods...the place is just perfect...great vibes, nice grounds, superb staff...you really get it all.....got to the lot a little later than i wanted (about 4:30) had to relocate last minute to fiddlers camping it was great it was able to accomodate our 15 person crew...i checked out the merchandise i saw the new furthur summer 2011 east coast tapestry and had to have it...it is a big shot of the east coast with dead songs included with legitimate terms on the map (fun to find new one everytime) and the oceans "where the climate suits my clothes"..i got it instantly, loved the thing...then i went to the forum gathering met 83 and mushroom and some other folks from various boards...had to go find a friend and open my car before showtime then headed in early at about 6:15...got a killer spot on the lawn down in front laid the blanket down and waited....

stranger opener was good, some really nice extended jamming but the sound was a little thin from the system...crazy fingers was the same way, pretty well played (some snags) but weird sound...the segue that followed into cumberland is where things kicked off...the sound was dialed in and the entire band was ready to fire out of the gate on it, usually phil is leading that one...bird song never disappoints, phil vocals were nice! cassidy sounded a little forced, and never really reached its potential but they did execute the key changes perfectly in the end jam...the tuning that followed had a small riff of built to last in it..my friend and i looked at each other (we have a love for built to last) and started laughing and shaking our heads like "yeah right".. so happy....i think they finally played it the way it should, CORRECTLY..was not happy with the previous versions i saw..big bad blues was a highlight of the first set..hands down the best version i've seen this band do, some really nice jamming..playin to close the first set was killer...i will admit it, i am not always in the mood for playin in the band but this version reminded me why i love it...they really spaced it out, not as much as an opener or 2nd set opener but enough...set break was very short only about 28 minutes had time for a piss, refill my water bottles, and smoke a cigarette...

second set TMNS opener was awesome, some pinnacle moments, crowd really up and moving...golden road was what i called as the show opener and was wrong but VERY ecstatic they played it, it was a knockout rendition...the energy was out of control the entire band was firing on all cylinders...nonchalant drop into eyes led by phil, took everyone to the moon and back--EXCELLENT playing by the group, jeffs piano solo just mind blowing, the dissonant risks he takes pay off some gigantic rewards...help>slip i heard coming in the jam from phil, and had a strong feeling there was no franklins quite yet...phil has this "charge" he sort of has when they are going to fly into franklins and i didnt see it, and we got that millenium jam which almost always leads into eleven, right before they hit it i informed my buddy (who LOVES 11) he was going to get one...JK completely missed his cue on the intro, but came right back into it and they really killed it, he even extended his solo a little bit, nice segue to franklins and the place is smokin...they play with different riff sped up during the slow part at the end for the first time at least to my ears it was neat, taking some cool risks...comes a time was awesome, had to tame the lawn crowd but it was about as still as i've seen a lawn in quite some time...twas beautiful..st stephen was awesome the band interplay was just connected like a spider web truly something, and a sat night to close out the set had the joint rocking and me excited that we weren't burning the encore slot with OMSN...i hought they'd slow things down and bring us back down to earth but they did us blues, not bad musically, a bit sloppy vocally

i walked into this show feeling a little off, walked out remembering why i have been following this band around for a while... had me jonesin for jones beach the following day
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by wlewis.
Chadwell
Junior Boarder

#42100 3 years, 2 months ago
Just finished listening to this show late last night after getting off of work, and I really enjoyed this one. Great playing with some interesting turns in here. Believe this one will stand out at the end of tour.
Chris1126
Junior Boarder

#42181 3 years, 2 months ago
MAN, OH MAN!!!! what a great show....band was on FIRE and the lawn was NUTS!!! Sound was fantastic up in the grass, we ended up center stage 3/4 of the way up and had a blast with the people around us. Everyone dancing, singing, yelling, crazy energy! Thanks to them for making it a truly enjoyable night! And sorry to the other people around us for our obnoxiousness.

See y'all in Philly for another great one, hopefully!!
"Talking a lot about less and less;
And forgetting the love we bring."
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#42735 3 years, 1 month ago
Listened to the aud at work today and now listening to the board. That jam closing Comes a Time is really something. I am friggin blown away. This is the real deal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#42842 3 years, 1 month ago
thank you to the setlist keepers and reviewers for throwing a little magic to us homebodys !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Nickeleven
Junior Boarder

#42863 3 years, 1 month ago
Oh yeah, and one more thing:

After that Bethel show, I had that great feeling that sometimes comes over me after a Grateful Dead experience,

and that is the happy belief that anything is possible.

Wooo!

Nick
"When there was no dream of mine
You dreamed of me..."
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds