• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Josh
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur All Good Music Festival Setlist 7/15/11

#41460 3 years, 1 month ago
Sweet - Aside from Bid You Goodnight, they didn't play anything that I want to hear in Jones Beach tomorrow.
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#41517 3 years, 1 month ago
Any reviews of the music? Guess people are still recovering!
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#41645 3 years, 1 month ago
i wasnt there, but every time i have seen furthur play standing, bobby sang it. its a bobby song now.
furthuronuptheroad
Fresh Boarder

#41685 3 years, 1 month ago
bobby sang SOTM.....the first set was shaky to say the least. they got it going pretty good in the second and it was my first time seeing them do terrapin. i wasn't too thrilled about the going down the road>we bid you goodnight ending. wish they would have went out on an upbeat note. i was hoping for an encore but no luck.
BigRiver
Fresh Boarder

#41855 3 years, 1 month ago
The first set was definitely a little bit rocky. John's mic was barley loud enough for him to be heard over the crowd and I felt like I was missing a lot of the keys. They did get everything worked out relatively quickly though and ending the first set with Love light accompanied by Warren Haynes was absolutely rockin. The second set sounded a lot better than the first set and the Terrapin Suite was the highlight of the show for me. I actually enjoyed the bid you good night ending too. It was very relaxing after a long and crowded show and had me in a really good mood. The shitty part was that not 5 seconds after Furthur walked off stage, Big Gigantic started blowing up the side stage and there was no time to transition. It really put me in a funk until I was finally able to push my way though the BG crowd, walk back to my site, put on some dead and think back through the show with my buddies. All in all it was a really great show and I will be watching archive closely until I can get my hands on it.

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by BigRiver.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#42763 3 years, 1 month ago
i was not at this show my review is based off of an audience recording from the festival

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-1...clarke.114629.flac16

first set opens with a nice jack straw nothing spectacular but a great warm up into a lively bertha...like JK's sound on this, although parts of it sound a little too slow, but hey it's the tour opener...cut 'em a little bit of slack..money for gasoline--solid, i love that song...ramble on rose was okay, some lyrical flubs by weir, rigid playing...big river sounded good and cold ran and snow sounded GREAT--phil was thumping away the entire tune...viola lee and lovelight with warren to close things out are a nice pair..some quality jamming

this is as far in the show i've listened to, so i will come back and edit in the review for the rest most likely tomorrow!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
dead3087
Fresh Boarder

#42957 3 years, 1 month ago
I was at all good. Furthurs set was awesome. Chinacat was the best song they did....it was amazing. T.S. was great. The crowd went nuts. Ramble on rose was awesome too, everyone was singing. Only problem I had was bid you goodnight. Not a one of my favorites by any means.
I still can't believe reading some of these posts. The song sounded choppy....not a good set list.....wait til they warm up....i didn't miss much. Who the f cares. Its furthur. these guys are not going to be playing long. it's amazing they are still playing as it is, and to see phil and bob together is amazing as it is. Not to mention having john, who is probably the closest thing to having jerry, playing beside them is awesome. If you want perfect songs go to archive and look them up. when your in that crowd it doesn't matter if they miss a chord or anything....your having a great time cause your seeing them. Thats all i care about, seeing phil and bob before its too late. And personally I'm going to try and make every show I can go too, because before you know it, it may be too late. No set list will be bad in my eyes, when they're playing in front of me.

BTW, I was 4 rows from bob at all good. closest I've ever been. It stole my face again.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by dead3087.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tree_top
terrapinkid25
Fresh Boarder

#47616 3 years ago
this was my first time @ all good. my first furthur show. in my homestate. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I danced @ the top the whole show. My friends were wanting to bail on furthur @ the campsite. I told them I really felt like I needed to be over there. So I only missed one song or two. So glad I went over. It was a beautiful scene @ the top of the hill. danced so hard. the glow lanterns they let off for trucking the second set was surreal. just eye candy everywhere you look. the 2nd set flowed like water IMO. I had a blast. When they went into Terrapin I just started laughing so hard. not sure why. I think I was just so happy. Then when they launched into standing on the moon. It hit me hard real hard. I broke down. Tears were flowing down my face. I have never cried @ a show. I dont know if it was the moon, the trees, the family, the setting, perhaps a combination of it all. that line about feeling so alone and blue... I was kind of... disappointed in the kidz I had came with and them not wanting to get down with furthur with me. I guess they are not true heads... I have been to 11 phish shows and that has never once happened @ any of those shows. There is something special about that mountaintop though and that night. It was a great night to be alive. Furthur was magical. Everything I had ever hoped for and dreamed for. Now I am contemplating coming out to Red Rocks in late september to get my face melted yet again )) I will be traveling alone is the sad part because I know nobody would want to do Furthur with me. I know once I got out to CO though, there would be all kinds of FAMILY and FAMILY is what its all about is what I am starting to figure out.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#57447 2 years, 11 months ago
SAME exact boat ,, the whole story .. first all good first furthur show !! I agree man, that truckin brought me to tears. You end up gettin red rocks ticks ?? I am making the long lonely drive by myself as well ..
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds