• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Morning Dew Shoreline 2011-06-03

#35196 3 years, 4 months ago
I cannot stop listening to Morning Dew from the Shoreline show on the 3rd! Being one of my all time favorite Dead tunes, I am starting to come to a realization that this might be on of the best post Jerry versions out there. Just curious if Im alone with this and If so I'd love to hear some of your suggestions for a kick ass Dew. I almost don't want to admit it but I started bawling like a lil school girl in the middle of the song (First time that ever happened, kinda freaked me out, dunno when the last time I cried was but damn if it didn't feel like a millioin bux) and by the end I was jumping up and down hoarsley screaming an hootin in JK's direction
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Morning Dew Shoreline 2011-06-03

#35483 3 years, 4 months ago
alas....guess I'm the only one that likes that song
nastero
Junior Boarder

#35489 3 years, 4 months ago
Nope, it's a great song.

There are 2 versions that are my favorites at this time, though I have yet to hear a bad one, really

3-6-2010 -> Smokin' Dew tucked into an amazing string of songs to close out the second set. There is a particular spot in the crescendo where John does this really dissonant "chugga" down the neck of the guitar that is just plain dirty.

9-21-2010 -> Great Dew, such a gentle build up to a soul-shaking climax ... epic.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#35510 3 years, 4 months ago
nastero wrote:
Nope, it's a great song.

There are 2 versions that are my favorites at this time, though I have yet to hear a bad one, really

3-6-2010 -> Smokin' Dew tucked into an amazing string of songs to close out the second set. There is a particular spot in the crescendo where John does this really dissonant "chugga" down the neck of the guitar that is just plain dirty.

9-21-2010 -> Great Dew, such a gentle build up to a soul-shaking climax ... epic.

I'm on it thanks
Roadtripper
Junior Boarder
Deadicated shamanic dreamer

#35528 3 years, 4 months ago
Hey Brother you are certainly not the only one that likes the Dew. I thought it was the highlight of the first show at Shoreline this year. Particularly special to me being the first time I heard it performed by Further. I've am blessed to have seen Jerry and the boys play it many times. One of the most memorable Morning Dews was the Greek Theater I believe 1986 . Friday night 1st show OPENED the second set with it. They encored that show with Dark Star. The last time they played Dark Star before that show was like 71 or 72. They also broke out Crypital Envelopment at the 3rd show of that particular Greek series. It is as moving and powerful now as it ever was. I guess it doesnt matter. Any way thanks for the post.
The turmoil of today has caused me to reevaluate my values .I dont want to be a part of the collective nightmare in mainstream society. I want to be with people that embrace my dreams and offer me hope. And believe in a world where all living beings live in peace love and harmony. Thank you Furthur Family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#35537 3 years, 4 months ago
I agree. The Broomfield Dew 3/6/2010 and Shoreline Dews were the best post Jerry versions I experienced. I was lucky enough to attend both of these shows. I probably give the nod to Shoreline. It was epic.
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Irrenarzt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#35540 3 years, 4 months ago
Naestro I was lucky enough to be at the Greek theater one and it def. was a killer one, just listened to the 1st bank one and that one was awesome too! Found one with Clarence Clemens at Shoreline 1989-06-21. Can't find that Greek one with Dark Star though
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#35542 3 years, 4 months ago
[quote="iamthedoor" post=35540]Naestro I was lucky enough to be at the Greek theater one and it def. was a killer one, just listened to the 1st bank one and that one was awesome too! Found one with Clarence Clemens at Shoreline 1989-06-21. Can't find that Greek one with Dark Star though[/quote

Wow I said "one" a lot there
nastero
Junior Boarder

#35544 3 years, 4 months ago
Hehe, I was at the Greek 2010 as well which may be why I like it so much (first Dew for me, G.D. shows included) .

I'll have to check a few of these other ones out, though if we're including G.D. I have to go with the tried and true and say that my alltime fave is 5-8-77, which is simply incendiary.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#35545 3 years, 4 months ago
nastero wrote:
Hehe, I was at the Greek 2010 as well which may be why I like it so much (first Dew for me, G.D. shows included) .

I'll have to check a few of these other ones out, though if we're including G.D. I have to go with the tried and true and say that my alltime fave is 5-8-77, which is simply incendiary.

Haven't listened to this one in a while, 'Loser' is simply stellar, along with the rest of the show!
Time to create page: 1.10 seconds