• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Prediction Game New Twist

#333675 3 months, 1 week ago
I am a gambling man. I think it would be fun....
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#333676 3 months, 1 week ago
newyawker wrote:
Chester wrote:
Interesting ideas, all. But for me, I'm a traditionalist. I like the format the way it is. I would go along with reasonable changes,
if the majority were behind those changes. But Dave brings up some good points. Not sure if it would work.
The bonus points idea isn't bad.

Here is my proposal Chester:

Pick the Gilford NH show and the Last show as the traditional method has the order. 1st> wild card>closer>>encore. these picks must be put in prior to the first show of the last leg. If the person picks correctly, you can score 10 points in the right position and 5 if not. Forget about the coin toss and other stuff. This will make it simple. Keep a seperate thread for these picks in order to keep track. He is the gamble though. If a person opts to do this, they forfeit picking the show the day its played. If I opt to predict Gilford, I cannot enter when you have the date of the show.

I can just see it now. MushroomMan jumps out his usual 16 point lead going into the last show in Nashville. For Nashville while MM collects his usual 16 points (his per show average) Chester scores 65 points cause he nailed the whole show a day b4 the tour begins. This might just turn into some crazy fun.

GratefulRose
Gold Boarder
I'm still walkin' so I'm sure that I can dance

#333680 3 months, 1 week ago
I know I'm a newer member and only started playing this year...
my opinion: I like the game as is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#333684 3 months, 1 week ago
nycdave wrote:
newyawker wrote:
Chester wrote:
Interesting ideas, all. But for me, I'm a traditionalist. I like the format the way it is. I would go along with reasonable changes,
if the majority were behind those changes. But Dave brings up some good points. Not sure if it would work.
The bonus points idea isn't bad.

Here is my proposal Chester:

Pick the Gilford NH show and the Last show as the traditional method has the order. 1st> wild card>closer>>encore. these picks must be put in prior to the first show of the last leg. If the person picks correctly, you can score 10 points in the right position and 5 if not. Forget about the coin toss and other stuff. This will make it simple. Keep a seperate thread for these picks in order to keep track. He is the gamble though. If a person opts to do this, they forfeit picking the show the day its played. If I opt to predict Gilford, I cannot enter when you have the date of the show.

I can just see it now. MushroomMan jumps out his usual 16 point lead going into the last show in Nashville. For Nashville while MM collects his usual 16 points (his per show average) Chester scores 65 points cause he nailed the whole show a day b4 the tour begins. This might just turn into some crazy fun.

Exactly David..... It could be very interesting........I see no problem with it....
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#333698 3 months, 1 week ago
GratefulRose wrote:

I agree I like it just fine. If all you are doing is trying to find a new way to unseat Mushrooman I say we need to just get better at the game. I can't believe no one picked Morning Dew for the tour closer.(it was played twice during the winter tour including the tour closer in Atlanta. It was played once during the June tour and it hadn't been played at all during the July tour through Red Rocks hence you pick it for Ogden)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#333701 3 months, 1 week ago
Dave et al, I have no other agenda than to create something different. I for one would take the bet. I just threw it out there as a possibility. Its like picking a football team to win the superbowl before the season starts. I do not know what the big deal is if we tried this for fun.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#333710 3 months, 1 week ago
dr bakes wrote:
GratefulRose wrote:

I agree I like it just fine. If all you are doing is trying to find a new way to unseat Mushrooman I say we need to just get better at the game. I can't believe no one picked Morning Dew for the tour closer.(it was played twice during the winter tour including the tour closer in Atlanta. It was played once during the June tour and it hadn't been played at all during the July tour through Red Rocks hence you pick it for Ogden)

Rule changes always meet resistance. Moving right along when the American League introduced a designated hitter (for the pitcher) while altering the game it did not turn it into a different game. NYERS proposed changes would make it a completely different game. Kind of like having one group hitting while the defense teams fields and pitches. Which is what they do in football. MM would figure out the new game and play as well as always. IMHO proposed changes to our game need to be simple plus enhance interest without fundamentally changing stuff. Which brings me back to guessing how late a show will start or at least the length of a set break. My guess is that our community will reject this change but wait till next year.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by nycdave. Reason: Just Because!
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#333715 3 months, 1 week ago
nycdave wrote:
dr bakes wrote:
GratefulRose wrote:

Rule changes always meet resistance. Moving right along when the American League introduced a designated hitter (for the pitcher) while altering the game it did not turn it into a different game. NYERS proposed changes would make it a completely different game. Kind of like having one group hitting while the defense teams fields and pitches. Which is what they do in football. MM would figure out the new game and play as well as always. IMHO proposed changes to our game need to be simple plus enhance interest without fundamentally changing stuff. Which brings me back to guessing how late a show will start or at least the length of a set break. My guess is that our community will reject this change but wait till next year.

You know what does crack me up a tad? That we are actually having a conversation on NOT entertaining what i proposed!!!! I know we can be rigid about certain things but a setlist prediction game did not make it to my list. Guys, I do not take this that serious. I just suggested it as a spin on what we do. If I decide to predict it prior to the first show of the leg, I forfeit my opportunity when the time comes for them to play that show.

Its GAMBLING cats. And fun. I think the time option is too exact. The song prediction is easy to maintain. So far, I may be the only one who would do it!!!!!
Emvibe67
Senior Boarder

#333749 3 months, 1 week ago
I think the game should stay the way it is. But that shouldn't stop anyone from creating their own game with different rules. It could be an added game to the prediction set list game but the points shouldn't be combined.

Or even adding different categories to the predictions like start time, end time, etc, etc, etc.....or even take one show and give away a prize for it.....I was thinking of doing that a few games ago. Whoever scored the most points in that round wins a prize....I may do that for the upcoming tour.

Either way lets keep it good clean fun and no name calling!
Fly on these wings of love!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, newyawker
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds