• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7563
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333455 2 months ago
Man .. I dont know what you all thought but I was blown away by last night. POWERFUL!

I was worried when I saw a line forming about 4 hours before the doors opened, frightening flashbacks to when Furthur played the Ogden. But we decided to not worry and went out to eat and went in a bit after the doors opened. And to my utter shock and delight, my sweet spot was not taken! whew! From that point on it was just a fucking awesome night.

For one thing the sound in the Ogden is always very good, but when Furthur played there (as some of you remember) the sound was horrific and people were cutting down the Ogden for being a shitty venue. But that night was all on Furthur because Ratdog sounded so damn good last night. Crystal clear sound, it was incredible really. How can Ratdogs sound be so much superior to Furthur?

Anyway to build on that, Robin was laying down HUGE Phil bombs all night long, I mean shaking the place. I dont remember the bass standing out like that in other Ratdog shows. That was the surprising part. The not surprising part was Kimock. He is the best (Dead related) lead guitarist since Jerry. I will forever stand by that statement. I loved the overall bluesy feel to the show. Awesome.

I dont know what the hell happened in Santa Barbara, Vegas or San Diego but the 2 Colorado shows were top notch. Bob was at the top of his game.

So other than patchmyfuthur at red rocks, am I the only one from the forum who went to these shows?? Geez Louise!! Did the Golden Arrow make it to CO?? I trekked down to the RV lot at red rocks but did not see them.

Where are all the Colorado furthur forum heads?? You all are missing out!



photo17.JPG
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, nycdave, SunshineSue, Strider1, karenrose, pink11, GratefulRose
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
Posts:328
I'm goin' go for it for sure

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333507 2 months ago
Hi DM,
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the word "powerful." Was kinda worried after previous tour events. I certainly missed out - even the steams- I was busy doing crappy, but necessary,things: settling my mother's estate, clearing out her house and putting it on the market. All that got me on a funk and I am sure that the music would have helped immensely. At any rate, I surely don't want to burden anyone with this. It's all behind me and I still look forward to reading the FFF posts and whatever is next.
Have a grate summer!
At least we are not burning up.
ML
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Denver Man, Strider1, pink11
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2392

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333537 2 months ago
I thought the show was fantastic (listening to the stream), but, then, Ratdog has been excellent this year. As Ive repeatedly said, many/most of the midwest tour was A+. Im glad you had a good time.

You were right about Kimock, he has impressed me a great deal this year. And I agree about the sound. The sound at all of the Reatdog shows is so much better than most Furthur or Phil shows. Outdoor shows are better sounding normally anyways but the sound at the Ratdog shows has been excellent no matter what the venue. On a more somber note, Ratdog is no longer selling out (most) shows - its sad how interest in Phil and Bob seems to be diminishing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Strider1
HogBackHead
Junior Boarder
Posts:187

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333573 2 months ago
Glad you had a good time. Sounds awesome.

I'm in Colorado but not a big Dog fan for whatever reason. Their tempo always seems a bit slow to me for one thing. Having said that, any show at Red Rocks is worthwhile. Have tickets to the Jerry tribute later this summer, looking forward to that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7563
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333603 2 months ago
Molly Leigh wrote:
Hi DM,
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the word "powerful." Was kinda worried after previous tour events. I certainly missed out - even the steams- I was busy doing crappy, but necessary,things: settling my mother's estate, clearing out her house and putting it on the market. All that got me on a funk and I am sure that the music would have helped immensely. At any rate, I surely don't want to burden anyone with this. It's all behind me and I still look forward to reading the FFF posts and whatever is next.
Have a grate summer!
At least we are not burning up.
ML


Oh man I am sorry. That stuff is so hard. Hope you are doing well and missed you at the shows.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7563
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333605 2 months ago
HogBackHead wrote:
Glad you had a good time. Sounds awesome.

I'm in Colorado but not a big Dog fan for whatever reason. Their tempo always seems a bit slow to me for one thing. Having said that, any show at Red Rocks is worthwhile. Have tickets to the Jerry tribute later this summer, looking forward to that.


I will be there
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
Posts:328
I'm goin' go for it for sure

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#333719 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Molly Leigh wrote:
Hi DM,
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the word "powerful." Was kinda worried after previous tour events. I certainly missed out - even the steams- I was busy doing crappy, but necessary,things: settling my mother's estate, clearing out her house and putting it on the market. All that got me on a funk and I am sure that the music would have helped immensely. At any rate, I surely don't want to burden anyone with this. It's all behind me and I still look forward to reading the FFF posts and whatever is next.
Have a grate summer!
At least we are not burning up.
ML


Oh man I am sorry. That stuff is so hard. Hope you are doing well and missed you at the shows.


Thanks, DM and thanks to those who gave a thanks above .
All is well. Getting those tasks started and mostly done was a huge relief. More than I thought it would be. Even expressing myself on the board was therapeutic.
Have a good summer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, pink11
whatdah
Junior Boarder
Posts:74

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#335017 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Powerfull is great adjective.
I really enjoyed the show. The pace was much better than other 'Dog show's I've seen and the second set in particular was a blast. Sound was exquisite. I was fearful of another Furthur experience, absolutely love the Ogden but the Furthur show last fall was way over-sold and the sound, well, that was a big problem.

RRE at RR Saturday night. WoooHoooo!!
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1558

Re: Ratdog Setlist Ogden Theater 7/12/14

#335359 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Ratdog is grown ups music.
If you are looking for a band that sounds like the GD, you probably will prefer whatever phils doin. BUT
when you get older, and listen to the Ratdog sound boards, you will be pissed you missed EVERY Ratdog show you ever skipped.
Just like i am regretting ever Lou Reed show i ever skippped(not to impy Bob is not healthy, he seems to be in the best health in years).
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds