• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Furthur to headline Friday night at Lock'n

#323739 3 months, 3 weeks ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Furthur to headline Friday night! Exclusive to the 2014 Lockn' Festival in Arrington, VA, Furthur will be playing their only set of 2014, featuring the original lineup! This lineup of Furthur features Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Jeff Chimenti, John Kadlecik, Jay Lane, and Joe Russo! This very special performance is in addition to the previously announced separate performances by Phil Lesh & Friends, and Bob Weir & RatDog. This Furthur performance will be the only planned collaboration between Bob and Phil in 2014

I'm confused. Here someone drops the bombshell, and I read all the following comments. No one yippeeess or hoorays or anything resembling a shriek just short of what you'd expect from someone who just won the lotto. Furthur have decided 2014 was not going to be the year of the hiatus and will break their silence.

And yet.....no one who comments........seems that......excited.

Personally it is hard to get excited over a one off get together way over on the east coast.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#323751 3 months, 3 weeks ago
kevin wrote:
Over/Under on wait time to get through check in is starting at 4.5 hours on Thursday after 10 am.
Anyone else have any predictions?

Over 4.5
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#323765 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Furthur to headline Friday night! Exclusive to the 2014 Lockn' Festival in Arrington, VA, Furthur will be playing their only set of 2014, featuring the original lineup! This lineup of Furthur features Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Jeff Chimenti, John Kadlecik, Jay Lane, and Joe Russo! This very special performance is in addition to the previously announced separate performances by Phil Lesh & Friends, and Bob Weir & RatDog. This Furthur performance will be the only planned collaboration between Bob and Phil in 2014

I'm confused. Here someone drops the bombshell, and I read all the following comments. No one yippeeess or hoorays or anything resembling a shriek just short of what you'd expect from someone who just won the lotto. Furthur have decided 2014 was not going to be the year of the hiatus and will break their silence.

Well to be fair, i think most of us commented in the Lockn 2014 thread

Fair enough. I thought this was breaking news. Yep, I feel like less than a full deck. Still, I'm surprised after all the
Paradise Waits hoopla and this big hiatus that here they'll be playing together, just shy of 8 months later. Hey if it worked for the Grateful Dead I guess it can work for Furthur too.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#323766 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Zipster wrote:

Personally it is hard to get excited over a one off get together way over on the east coast.

Who knows what this might lead to. Anyone heard any tour dates?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#324193 3 months, 3 weeks ago
"only planned"
how many times do you think Phil and Bob will be on the same stage at TxR or Sweetwater?
i doubt it will be with a full incarnation of "furthur" but, i bet as this year winds down we gonna get some more bob/phil/mick/bill action, though probably in the form of private parties, or "crusader rabbit" style stealth gigs.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#325177 3 months, 1 week ago
2014-lockn-schedule-SOJAadd20sm.jpg

I for one am STOKED
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, Strider1
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder

#325184 3 months, 1 week ago
I'm right there with ya man. the 5th is my B day and I plan on Celebrating!!! Friday may be the single handed best/most Dead night of music I ever get to experience. Still months away but thats alright
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1, karenrose
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#325382 3 months, 1 week ago
St.Stephenhead wrote:
I'm right there with ya man. the 5th is my B day and I plan on Celebrating!!! Friday may be the single handed best/most Dead night of music I ever get to experience. Still months away but thats alright

You want another tie dye cake?
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder

#325542 3 months, 1 week ago
Only if it is no trouble, and We do not miss any good music while Eating, Candles, Etc. I am way too Pumped for it to only be May!
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
grammack
Junior Boarder

#326135 3 months ago
I haven't heard a word about Jeff or Sunshine....they're part of the band too. If they aren't there, it's not really Furthur, technically That's not going to stop me from streaming though, I'm psyched!
Can you see the real me?
Last Edit: 3 months ago by grammack.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds