• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Please Post Reviews to Shows you Attend

#314542 7 months, 2 weeks ago
i AM the worlds biggest RATDOG/SCARING CHILDREN fan period. i will go toe to toe, or pepsi challenge anyone whom claims to be more about the 'dog. yall plat. or senior/tequila/senior boarders know,
I BEEN ACHIN FOR THE DOG SINCE NYE 11/12.
been avoiding jamband music and festivals since that time too.
BUT HE DOG HAS COME BACK TO SCARE YOU KIDS!
and that is enough to get the thirty sumptin off his aass, put some bucks toward the road, and hit some shows.

ONLY PROBLEM, im a Kentucky boy livin in Nor. Cal. i never thought i would have reason to regret not living in the midwest anymore, but this tour is doing it.
IT BAISCALLY MAKES A LIGHTIN BOLT ACROSS THE MIDWEST. thats what the map on .org looked like to me fairly baked.

BUT NO WEST COAST SHOWS YET(bob please, do right by us, WE NEED SOME REAL MUZIK OUT HERE) SSOOOO>.....

PLEASE, yall that actually have been to some of the shows, post a review. maybe im not looking far enough back.
i saw some reviews the early shows, but i ccannt find much more that setlists past chitown.

WHATS THE LOT LIKE
THE VIBE
the average age
best new name for strain of weed you heard someone trying to slang in lot
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Please Post Reviews to Shows you Attend

#314706 7 months, 2 weeks ago
I can say the age range is younger
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#314727 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Joe, I thought you were hitting up the midwest shows - Indy thru Atlanta.

Are you not going to be able to make them now? If so that's a bummer. What happened?
Takin' it in stride!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#314775 7 months, 2 weeks ago
dude, my trusty volvo needed TLC, and a whole string of other shit. i cannot tell you what LOCAL show i have forsaken due to lack of funds, devil makes 3 like 45 mins from my crib, etc. etc.
but alas, I SHALL SEE A SHOW IN APRIL

i love ratdog and i am from KY so it is bittersweet that this is their FIRST REAL TOUR,

BUT I LIVE OUT WEST NOW BOB, so play some gigs UP AND OUT HERE, the northwest corner will be fine.
i once heard bob refer to Wavy Gravy as a "livng fukn saint" SO PLAY A SEVA BENI. AT BLACKOAK RANCH!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Chester
More or less in line

#314777 7 months, 2 weeks ago
For what it's worth, the Buffalo show was a lot of fun. It was cold, but clear. Around 15 degrees.
There was actually a decent shakedown. In a lot directly behind the theater. Kind of slow motion shakedown.
Some tasty looking grilled cheese. Nice sweaters and glass and stuff. Hot chocolate. Scene was mellow.
Good strains going around. The theater was beautiful. In the old classic theater style.
It probably wasn't the show of the tour, but was well done. Had some real nice moments of jamming between songs.
Steve is really good. And Rob is doing a great job as second bass.
And we had the extra special treat of a late night JGB show, at a club right next door. So it was a real long night for me.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Chester
More or less in line

#314779 7 months, 2 weeks ago
From Buffalo, 3/4/14

IMG_1113_2014-03-05_2014-03-12.JPG

IMG_1125_2014-03-05_2014-03-12.JPG
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: illuminaughty, Strider1
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#314788 7 months, 2 weeks ago
I went to four shows, at three venues. The crowds varied quite a bit between the venues, although there is definitely a larger percentage of younger people at these shows in general than the Phil and Furthur shows I've seen in the last year or two.

The first show I saw was the first HOB show. I was in the front of the loge. The show was very strong from the beginning and stayed about the same level the whole show. The sound was excellent. The band seemed very professional. Not a lot of overt energy - they seemed like a jazz quartet, very focused on what they were doing. Mike Gordon was a fun guest. The crowd where I was was mostly older dead heads. Very few talkers, with the exception of some college age males directly behind me. Even they werent too bad. The HOB staff I encountered was very nice and there was no search on the way in - very different than the reviews I've read.

Burlington was different. I was i the sixth row on the aisle. I was in the middle section, on the right, but you couldnt hear the left stack of speakers at all - the sound was clear but not nearly as good as the HOB. The crowd was a mix of older heads from Vermont and a lot of younger people. The younger people struck me as if they had never been to a show before. sort of hipster like. They were mostly quiet but I did have some talking episodes around me. Not too bad. I thought the band was again sort of inward focused but the show was more up and down than HOB. Parts of it seemed like they werent that into it but other parts like Estimated and Wharf Rat were amazing. More uneven than HOB overall - the lows were not as good as HOB but the highs were even stronger.

The Capitol shows were stronger than both of the other two. I was dead center about twenty feet in front of the board both nights and the sound was excellent, except for a massive feedback loop the first night, bad enough so the band had to sop playing. Both shows had really good crowds and the band showed a lot of overt energy. The crowds were again skewed younger and were seemingly different than the crowds at Phil and Furthur shows. I have been to a lot of Cap Theater shows in the last year and usually encounter a huge number of the same people - these shows had a different bunch of people. Almost no talkers at all. The first show was very strong but was somewhat strange in some ways. It was one of those shows where they kept playing things that seemed out of place, songs that werent my favorite choices, yet the songs were done so well I ended up thinking wow that was awesome (KC Moan, Bombs Away, She Said). Shakedown was so slow it was weird but it evolved into a great jam. The second Capitol show had just as much overt energy but was more obviously a good show.
Last Edit: 7 months, 2 weeks ago by rippleish20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: illuminaughty
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#315864 7 months, 1 week ago
bizump
Time to create page: 1.91 seconds