• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Ratdog HOB, Boston 2-24-2014

#310322 8 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
he cut things off kinda quick, maybe he had to run to the bathroom or he wanted to beat the beer line.

No I needed to charge the phone or it would have died in the middle of the second set. I was don to 18%
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#310323 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
Equinox wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
This is still a mellow show, but it's the perfect feel for a Monday, especially after a music-filled weekend. I just realized that's why I'm enjoying it so much!

Good points. In fact, it feels a little strange that we don't have another whole show after this one.

FYI, there are 8 TXR P&F shows scheduled in march, with potential streams for all of them.
And 5 are double headers with a Ratdog show. Rest up.

Ugh. I may have to take the week off from work
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#310324 8 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Does anyone know or can they tell if Gordon was just along for Birdsong?

He was only there for Birdsong. Robin left.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#310339 8 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
Equinox wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:
That was a really nice show! Mike Gordon was fun as was the other drummer.

Sorry if there was static. It was very difficult to tell if the issues where always on my end or if it was people have issues with mixlr etc. I have an external microphone and there were a lot variables - sound level, limiter, width of audio capture. It is also very power hungry and I ended up peering it which may helped. I think I improve it in the future. I also probably moved to much but I tried to shelter you from the talkers.

Should I stay with mixlr or go back to ustream. Mixer gives more control and didn't seem to buffer...

Just speaking for myself, I had no problem with mixlr. Aside from the static, which was only in

termittent, it was a really awesome stream. It was clear, there was depth, plenty of definition. There were obviously talkers but they were hardly ever a distraction. If you could basically recreate that effect at every show you stream, I think most people on this board would ecstatic.

So are you going to be at the show tonight in Boston?

Not surprised RISW put out a quality stream using an external mic. Have you heard any of the GD tapes he made in the 70s and 80s?

Yes, I am aware of Alan's work. My college was wall-to-wall Deadheads and his shows were always a highlight of any collection.

And no, I wasn't surprised when I heard last night's stream.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#310402 8 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
That was a really nice show! Mike Gordon was fun as was the other drummer.

Sorry if there was static. It was very difficult to tell if the issues where always on my end or if it was people have issues with mixlr etc. I have an external microphone and there were a lot variables - sound level, limiter, width of audio capture. It is also very power hungry and I ended up powering it which may helped. I think I improve it in the future. I also probably moved to much but I tried to shelter you from the talkers.

Should I stay with mixlr or go back to ustream. Mixer gives more control and didn't seem to buffer...

Stream was awesome last night! Thanks so much! My boyfriend who used to tape thinks mixlr sounds better than ustream. Dave Nelson band just used it from txr and it was pristine. He suggests maybe sticking with it one more time but trying to keep the levels down a little. He said he has the same mic with iPhone 5c and had same problem with it in Mexico with levels too high. He thinks mic is really sensitive and with lightning adaptor you got to make sure it is in real tight. He taped the adaptor to the microphone to keep it secure. But wow, your stream sounded so good, I had no issues with the little bit of static and was so grateful for it. As a huge lou reed fan it warmed my heart to hear Tony Thunders Smith up there. Thanks again. Have FUN!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds