• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Can you say Elitist?

#303672 9 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
kevin wrote:
I know what Furthur sounds like. All of the above are hypothetical "dream" scenarios. I know Furthur has been playing for over 4 years consecutively because it works and we are on Furthur's board discussing it. No war of words or ill will, but I've been going to shows for 30 years and this stuff works for ME. Enjoy the show tonight brother man.

To me everything after Jerry died until Furthur was average at best. I dont consider Trey/Warren/Kimock to be a dream scenario. I like Trey, Kimock and Warren but none of them gel with Phil and Bob like JK does. Furthur started a renaissance in Dead music land in my opinion and JK was the difference - ever since then all the aide projects have been good ie Phil and Friends, Bobs TRI stuff, etc. And why bring in the drummers - so we can have 20 minute drums solos? My only complaint aboutr Furthur is that while they technically have gotten better and better, they are stuck in a rut in terms of playing the same bunch of songs.

The Other Other Ones (2002) and the Dead (2004) was average at best?!!? Not the shows I went to.
FartCity
Fresh Boarder

#303706 9 months ago
I CAN!!!! And, I even know what it means!!! Do you?
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#303816 8 months, 4 weeks ago
FartCity wrote:
I CAN!!!! And, I even know what it means!!! Do you?

Captain T is BACK
-- smell every flower --
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#303831 8 months, 4 weeks ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:
kevin wrote:
I know what Furthur sounds like. All of the above are hypothetical "dream" scenarios. I know Furthur has been playing for over 4 years consecutively because it works and we are on Furthur's board discussing it. No war of words or ill will, but I've been going to shows for 30 years and this stuff works for ME. Enjoy the show tonight brother man.

To me everything after Jerry died until Furthur was average at best. I dont consider Trey/Warren/Kimock to be a dream scenario. I like Trey, Kimock and Warren but none of them gel with Phil and Bob like JK does. Furthur started a renaissance in Dead music land in my opinion and JK was the difference - ever since then all the aide projects have been good ie Phil and Friends, Bobs TRI stuff, etc. And why bring in the drummers - so we can have 20 minute drums solos? My only complaint aboutr Furthur is that while they technically have gotten better and better, they are stuck in a rut in terms of playing the same bunch of songs.

The Other Other Ones (2002) and the Dead (2004) was average at best?!!? Not the shows I went to.

This comment was from my perspective. If you enjoyed the Other Ones and the Dead, thats excellent. People obviously vary in terms of what they like. My favorite thing after Jerry died and before Furthur was probably Ratdog w/ Karan. I also saw some decent PF shows, like one with Trey in Glens Falls. But none of these made me wanna tour.

I have encountered plenty of people who have similar opinions, but I also recognize my views may differ from other peoples. I am not a fan of Warren playing dead material, like the Q and the Dead, etc. And DSO does nothing for me. Nor does Russos Almost Dead. But I love most of the P&F shows in the last couple of years, JK Band in the last year, recent Ratdog, Furthur....
Last Edit: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by rippleish20.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#303855 8 months, 4 weeks ago
rippleish20 wrote:

This comment was from my perspective. If you enjoyed the Other Ones and the Dead, thats excellent. People obviously vary in terms of what they like. My favorite thing after Jerry died and before Furthur was probably Ratdog w/ Karan. I also saw some decent PF shows, like one with Trey in Glens Falls. But none of these made me wanna tour.

I have encountered plenty of people who have similar opinions, but I also recognize my views may differ from other peoples. I am not a fan of Warren playing dead material, like the Q and the Dead, etc. And DSO does nothing for me. Nor does Russos Almost Dead. But I love most of the P&F shows in the last couple of years, JK Band in the last year, recent Ratdog, Furthur....

Alan, youre wrong, I am right. Take that. LOLOL (Sarcasm ends).. I dont know how anyone can say with any listening ability and tune that DSO and JRAD can do nothing for them, but P&F with Anders, Leone, and whatever other back bencer he employs tickles their fancy. In all humble honesty it makes no credible sense.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#303865 8 months, 4 weeks ago
newyawker wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:

Alan, youre wrong, I am right. Take that. LOLOL (Sarcasm ends).. I dont know how anyone can say with any listening ability and tune that DSO and JRAD can do nothing for them, but P&F with Anders, Leone, and whatever other back bencer he employs tickles their fancy. In all humble honesty it makes no credible sense.

Well, then, I don't know what all your complaining is about. DSO tours constantly and the tickets are cheap, JRAD doesn't tour (yet) but tickets are cheap. If these turn you on, you're golden.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#303915 8 months, 4 weeks ago
I was there and had to leave today. It felt like a great loving party to me. Not at all elitist.

Ps:

What I mean is that the prices weren't so high as to prevent a lot of people from going. At 400-500 a night, you got great food, a nice resort and of course the band for 4 nights. And an open bar.

Many vacations in such places cost a lot more.

The crowd was really all types.

The most common denominator is that fans were seriously into the dead/ furthur. Very few good time types who just showed up for the party, as you sometimes get at shows. Instead, in talking to people, you got the sense that everyone who made the trip really just loved the music and appreciated so much the chance to be there.

I am bummed that I had to leave and missed the bobby solo and the last night. I feel a little incomplete.

But at the same time, I also feel so lucky to have been there. Such nice people. Such gret music. The staff told me that ours was by far the nicest crowd they had hosted.

And go patriots.....1979 pm' dime that he is a fellow fan. Thanks furthur for making the Denver game fade faster!
Last Edit: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by DarrylStingley.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds