• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: Can you say Elitist?

#303599 6 months ago
It IS a hiatus. There is no way a reunion of the core 4 could match what THIS band pulls off. Phil wants a break from the road. Ratdog will be all over the place this year and other members of Furthur are free to do what they want also.
They will be back in 2015 god-willing.
-- smell every flower --
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#303604 6 months ago
good gosh more power to them, for me I have no problem with their ethics here. I have crossed paths with them and their crew once or twice and never felt weird vibes or more than what it is. Phil is what?? 72 or so, grand kid and wife who tries to keep him straight with a liver transplant?? Its a darn miracle he feels well enough to do what he does!! My god man, it is not easy being on the road at his age money or not. Plus, they have a grate history of these occasional foreign excursions, I doubt anyone claimed of elitist with Egypt way back when. The way I understand it the DH that wanted to go chartered their own 707 or whatever to get there....what a blast!

Bob is Bob who knows what goes thru that man's brain... not for me to worry about...no one forced any one to go to Mexico and I decided to late and a room never came up for my otherwise me and mrs jasper would have gone, no toilette or otherwise...

life is to short!!!

its all good

J
Last Edit: 6 months ago by Jasper. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
westyvw
Junior Boarder

#303610 6 months ago
were they elitist in Europe in 72 or Egypt in 78? was Jamaica? the band picked a place and they are playing, and playing well, what's not to like?
Last Edit: 6 months ago by westyvw.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#303638 6 months ago
I wish it was '81 and I was on my way to see my first show......
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#303642 6 months ago
kevin wrote:
It IS a hiatus. There is no way a reunion of the core 4 could match what THIS band pulls off. Phil wants a break from the road. Ratdog will be all over the place this year and other members of Furthur are free to do what they want also.
They will be back in 2015 god-willing.

I have faith that when the Dead perform in 2015 they will harness the energy that propelled them to the legendary heights
that brought us to why we're here now.
I'll say it again, can we NOT refer to them as the core 4?
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#303643 6 months ago
um, I don't know any other adjectives for Lesh, Weir, Kreutzmann and Hart and I don't see a reunion happening. These guys just don't do that kinda stuff anymore with all the side projects and Furthur is the best thing since the GD ended.
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: rippleish20
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#303644 6 months ago
kevin wrote:
There is no way a reunion of the core 4 could match what THIS band pulls off.

Kevin, how can you honestly think this? Throw Jeff C or barracco on the keys, put Kimmock, Warren, or Trey at the axe and it would be incredible. This is nothing against Russo or JK either. But to say Furthur is pulling something off as if it is some pinnacle of music is a tad rash IMHO
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#303646 6 months ago
I know what Furthur sounds like. All of the above are hypothetical "dream" scenarios. I know Furthur has been playing for over 4 years consecutively because it works and we are on Furthur's board discussing it. No war of words or ill will, but I've been going to shows for 30 years and this stuff works for ME. Enjoy the show tonight brother man.
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker, Jasper
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#303647 6 months ago
kevin wrote:
I know what Furthur sounds like. All of the above are hypothetical "dream" scenarios. I know Furthur has been playing for over 4 years consecutively because it works and we are on Furthur's board discussing it. No war of words or ill will, but I've been going to shows for 30 years and this stuff works for ME. Enjoy the show tonight brother man.

I hear ya. But one cannot compare Billy with his head tilted to the side looking like Bill Murray!!!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#303648 6 months ago
kevin wrote:

To me everything after Jerry died until Furthur was average at best. I dont consider Trey/Warren/Kimock to be a dream scenario. I like Trey, Kimock and Warren but none of them gel with Phil and Bob like JK does. Furthur started a renaissance in Dead music land in my opinion and JK was the difference - ever since then all the aide projects have been good ie Phil and Friends, Bobs TRI stuff, etc. And why bring in the drummers - so we can have 20 minute drums solos? My only complaint aboutr Furthur is that while they technically have gotten better and better, they are stuck in a rut in terms of playing the same bunch of songs.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds