• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

Re: SET LIST: THE LA GREEK THEATER 10/5/13

#290174 9 months, 2 weeks ago
\"Zipster\" wrote:
Hola My Phriends, Donna and I just returned from a thing called River Romance and we took the following tours:

Historic Aqueduct Guided Tours
Get a rare glimpse inside the original crossing of the Erie Canal over the Genesee River, giving birth to Rochester’s claim as America’s first boom town. Short presentation and tours will be provided by members of the Canal Society of New York State. Meet in the lobby of the Rundel Memorial Building of the Rochester Public Library, 115 South Ave. 12 to 3:00 p.m. Historic Aqueduct enterance off from South Ave, Behind the Dinosaur Barbeque. Get a glimpse of Rochester’s historic underbelly. Volunteers from the Canal Society of New York State will be strategically placed in the Aque- duct to provide history and insights about this unique downtown aqueduct. Also hear about proposals for future redevelopment. www.newyorkcanals.org

and the

River to Roof Tours
Meet in the lobby of the Rundel Memorial Building of the Rochester Public Library, 115 South Ave. Lead by The Friends & Foundation of the Rochester Public Library.

Very cool stuff and then dinner at the Dinosaur and now Furthur

Thanks for posting this. When I was a little girl, my parents and I took a trip on our boat from down river Detroit to two of the finger lakes ( Cayuga and Seneca) via the NY State Barge canal . We entered at Tonawanda and traveled as far as time-permitted. Learned to navigate the locks and NOT to go faster than the speed limits because the lock or bridge operators would not let you through until the time they thought you should be there according to the speed limit. Can still remember looking down at cows in a field while traveling on an aqueduct . This was probably around 1964. Was really an interesting trip so I will be interested in looking more at this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds