• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

Re: Top 3 Furthur Shows Youve Seen (IYHO)

#278146 8 months ago
Top 3 that I've SEEN?

1. 7/7/12 at the Mann Center. First Dark Star I've seen and I just knew it was coming. Great first and second sets and a great atmosphere that night. My wife had her first 'aha' moment with the GD's music during the incredible Cassidy that they played. Lots of gems in this show. Bob shut the place down with Dear Prudence.

2. 11/21/11 at the Murat Theatre. Hard ticket to get that night if you weren't one of the lucky ones that slyly made it to the box office on time. My first show at the Murat and a special one from start to finish. Big first and second sets; a particularly raging second set that featured Terrapin, Blues for Allah, Other One, Morning Dew. Incredible. Great neighbors at the show as well, certainly helps.

3. 11/14/10 at US Bank Arena. Love this venue for live music, every show I've seen there has rocked. Great versions of Althea and Seven Hills of Gold in this show's first set. Another strong and, for the most part, seamless second set. Great energy throughout. Knew it was going to be a good night from the first notes of this night's funky Dancin'
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadlyDan
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#279232 8 months ago
One thing that came to mind when I looked back at this thread and my comments was that I did not list the shows I saw at TXR or Sweetwater. For some reason the group/community environment that I experienced at the "regular" show stood out.

Now that is not to say that I did not love the TXR and Sweetwater shows, and being 5 feet from the band. I did, And it was great.

Yet for some reason, I had more fun with 5,000 people then with 150.
Last Edit: 8 months ago by Griff.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#280391 7 months, 3 weeks ago
1. Julyy 5 in Pawtucket in 2012. Great venue, great show.

2. Show at Beacon when Elvis Costello and Larry Campbell played with them.

3. Show at MSG when Larry Campbell and Theresa Willaims played with them.

BUT except for the two times when Bobby was too bombed to play (Best Buy and the Capitol theatre), I love them all. This is like asking about your favorite kid.

PS: Second show in Boston this summer was WICKED good.
Edawg
Junior Boarder

#281442 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Top 3 +4 and 5

3-19-11 Tower Theater....show just had an amazingly tight and fluent jams

9-25-10 Red Rocks....just a bad ass show with a great Help>Slip>Franklins opener

3-3-10 Chicago....amazing setlist and my first furthur show

7-23-11 Mann Center....birthday show

9-25-12 Seattle....super underrated show....was downright awesome!
All I leave behind me is only what I found...
dano
Fresh Boarder

#281735 7 months, 2 weeks ago
9/27/12 Edgefield Troutdale, OR - maybe not the best set list but the bands playing was great...the show after Seattle so maybe there was some carry over.

9/17/10 Cuthbert Eugene, OR - pouring rain during the 2nd set seemed to inspire the band. Love those OR shows.

3/20/11 Tower Upper Darby, PA

2 more runner ups:
7/23/11 Mann Philly - weather was hot as hell
4/27/13 Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - an old school set list and the band had a lot of energy to help old Bob.
JFish
Fresh Boarder

#281838 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes- that 11-21-11 show at The Murat Indianapolis was most excellent. We live in Indy, so this was quite special for us and even had my brother in law from LA in town as this was Thanksgiving week. We secured 8 tickets and in the first rows of the VIP balcony on Jeff's side- we had a blast. 1st set included nice run on Colors of the Rain and Playin>Crazy Fingers>Playin and then one of the best versions of Cumberland for me ever, ending 1st set with killer jammer Rag - the Murat was rock'n and the crowd was really into it (the sound board recording does not capture the crowd very well). That 2nd set with Watchtower>Fire>Terrapin>Blues for Allah>OtherOne>Morning Dew> Uncle John Outstanding! Hope they can make it back at least one more time to Indianapolis.
JFish
Fresh Boarder

#281841 7 months, 2 weeks ago
All the Furthur shows I've attended were all very good. Never (NEVER!) had a bad experience seeing Bobby and Phil and those terrific players.

But in addition to the Nov'11 Indy show, my favorites:

7-17-12 Chicago @ the old Meigs Field looking back on the Chicago Skyline. Hot muggy night- they ran out of water for God's sake that night but we had a grate time for sure. Opener "Here Comes Sunshine" was moving and set up an awesome evening. 1st set closer Lost Sailor>SaintofCircumstance went forever and I was quite fine with that.

3-3-10 Chicago Auditorium Theatre - thinking back, this might have been first time for me to see Furthur live and we went both nights, but the 2nd night was a tad better. Had not been in The Auditorium since the late 70's - Oh Brother. Killer set list that night.

1-18-13 @ Sweetwater Music Hall Mill Valley- what can you say? Bobby's digs is so damn nice. Anyone want a copy of this show, ping me and I'll get it to you. Opening Jack Straw was great and spaghetti western texas 2 step Me&My Uncle >Red River was powerful. (I was stuck on Me&My Uncle for a month after that!) I was lucky enough to go the night before as well.

I would go every night if I could................... and maybe I will
Elena03
Fresh Boarder

#282488 7 months, 1 week ago
Had this discussion recently. My top 3:
#1. 11/11/11-Syracuse. Veterans Day, Full Moon, "the eleven" at 11:11pm. Setlist doesn't pop out at ya but the playing is the best I've seen from Furthur. Also, the whole city was "alive" that night. Fun.fun.fun.

#2. Cooperstown, I'll defer to someone elses post descibing this event as I agreed with everything they wrote. Definately the coolest shakedown of any Furthur show I've seen

#3. Highland Bowl-Rochester. Great little venue, A big fade away sandwich. High energy from the start. Cool cover songs. Loved it.

I was glad to see all three of my favs were named by others. Great minds think alike
DeadlyDan
Junior Boarder
Life's a grave, dig it

#282718 7 months, 1 week ago
Just got the net back on at my place. It was cool seeing all the responses you posted! A lot of shows I have to look up now. Toataly looking forward to the RR shows, just got my hotel booked for all of them (~);}
Sometimes the songs that Weir
are just songs of our own
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#290241 6 months, 1 week ago
revisiting this thread after the fall tour.

My favorite 3 I've seen:

10/6/13 Greek

10/6/12 Greek

11/5/11 Wilkes-Barre

special nods to my first Furthur show 11/12/10 Chicago, my first Furthur stream 7/4/10 Maine, and the first Furthur show ever 9/18/09 Oakland!
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by patchmyfurthur.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds