• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Top 3 Furthur Shows Youve Seen (IYHO)

#277457 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
denverman i love that picture but i can't help but be bummed out that is the shirt i left in the bag i lost at the denver marriott...

had it since i was like 7 or 8. "the louisiana legend"

I felt so bad when we showed up in Broomfield and you realized you left your bag in Denver
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
bambamcdn
Junior Boarder

#277497 1 year, 1 month ago
I know right? Shitty ...we had it right there
Someday, everything is gonna be different
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#277527 1 year, 1 month ago
Really tough. Best 3 or 4 based on plain ol' fun:

* MCU 7/13/12. My first east coast show.......ever after 31 years. Also a trip to NYC to honor my parents who both had passed away in the prior 6 years. Met so many great people out in Shakedown and then in at the show. The Jack brought the place down, I was ready to go home but it just the end of the 1st set.

Second set was just awesome, with a great mix of songs and the best part, the fireworks. The next night wasn't too bad either.

* Cuthbert 9/23/11. Sunshine Daydream day, easy walk from hotel and a great crowd. Got great seats and called the Stranger > Shakedown opener. Loved the Strawberry Fields, very psychedelic. Funny walk back to hotel. Great time.

* Gilford 7/16/13. Just an absolutely beautiful place in America. New to me so the adventure was a blast, I really love that element of the touring. Great crowd, fun people I was hangin with. All met that night. Don't even care that I got my pipe confiscated on the way in.

* LA Greek 10/5/12. Great seats but perhaps my favorite dancing show. Had section A ticks but spent most the time dancing in the aisle from one side of the venue, across the front, to the other side of the venue. I have realized that I truly love 3D dancing with linear motion. Ok, I am crazy.

* Broomfield 2/22/13. A great day of skiing followed by a great nite of music. That says it all. I could also easily choose all 3 shows from 2011,
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadlyDan
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#277544 1 year, 1 month ago
[quote="wlewis" post=277204]tough choice, picking from 124 shows

stroudsburg july 5th 2010

the garden november 20th 2010

radio city march 26th 2011[/quote

I was just listening to that Sherman theater show ....July 5...its hard to find a better Furthur show....song choice....placement in the set....it all worked like a well hot oiled machine...... one of the best Fire on the Mountain I've ever heard....very hypnotic...
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, DeadlyDan
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#277603 1 year, 1 month ago
I would have to say these were my favorite Furthur shows:

Number One

July 3, 2010 - Gelston Castle Estate - Mohawk, NY

Set 1: The Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion>
Born Cross-Eyed> Alligator> Truckin'>
Feelin' Alright, New Potato Caboose>
Cream Puff War> Viola Lee Blues

Set 2: Sage And Spirit>
*Seven Hills Of Gold> Althea
Magnolia Mountain> Sugar Magnolia>
No More Do I> Dark Star>
Terrapin Station Suite>
Stella Blue> Uncle John's Band

E: One More Saturday Night>
Sunshine Daydream

*1st Time Played, New Bobby Song

Number Two:

Sat, July 16th 11

Bethel Woods Center for the Performing Arts

I
Feel Like a Stranger
Crazy Fingers>
Cumberland Blues
Bird Song>
Cassidy
Built to Last
Big Bad Blues
Playin' in the Band

II
The Music Never Stopped>
The Golden Road (to Unlimited Devotion)>
Eyes of the World>
Help on the Way>
Slipknot>
The Eleven>
Franklin's Tower>
Comes a Time>
St. Stephen>
One More Saturday Night

E
U S Blues

Number Three

June 25, 2010 - Highland Bowl Amphitheater - Rochester, NY

Set 1: Not Fade Away> Here Comes Sunshine>
Feel Like A Stranger> King Solomon's Marbles
Truckin'> Feelin' Alright>
Strawberry Fields Forever, Cosmic Charlie

Set 2: Viola Lee Blues (v1)>
Bertha> Viola Lee Blues (v2)>
Cumberland Blues> Viola Lee Blues (v3)>
Born Cross-Eyed> New Potato Caboose>
Time> Breathe> Death Don't Have No Mercy>
The Wheel> Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad>
And We Bid You Goodnight> Attics Of My Life

E: Not Fade Away

I have others which were very close to these and its hard to pick but my memories with friends, the environment or venue, and music are mine and mine alone.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#277651 1 year, 1 month ago
DeadlyDan asks: List the top 3 FURTHUR shows you have attended based on the overall experience not just a killer setlist or epic RR venue.
It may be difficult to stop at three but what the hey I'll give it a shot:
12/31/09 - First new years show. Three sets plus encore. Stayed with friends who lived in the city by the bay and had come to the east coast in Sept of 09 to see the first five east coast shows (2 in Manhattan 1 in Wallingford Ct and 2 in Asbury Park). My friends were so kind and took such good care of me. Luved the Dark Star > Time. Also breaking in the new decade with Golden Road > Let it Grow. Good Stuff.
3/15/11 - Best Buys. NYC - Phil's birthday. Free cupcakes. Side 2 of Abbey Road. Phil singing Mean Mr. Mustard and John applauding right after. What a super duper birthday party. On a purely musical level 3/12/11 was probably a better show but did I mention that it was Phil's birthday?
3/26/11 - Radio City Music Hall NYC. For those not familiar Radio City is a beautiful place to see a concert. Acoustics and architecture are the best of the best. Second row seat on the first loge all the way on the right. Could either sit or stand (unobstructed view) with plenty of room to dance. Beautiful people. I fell in luv with three women in front of me and I was in the second row. I know the song selection is not suppose to be part of this but... Set one Golden Road Viola Alligator. My only Alice D Milionaire > Cream Puff War. Set 2 Dark Star > Eclipse > Mountains of the Moon > Dark Star > Terrapin > Stella. Well played. Very special night. After two killer sets I was not even overly bumed by the Sat Night encore. LOL.
I left Red Rocks out of this list but... Best outdoor venue ever. Three days and nights with the best FFF folks ever. Party by the pool after the show. Luved the Sunday show. 5 PM start. Steal Your Face set list. Did I mention that Red Rocks is a way cool place to hang.
Fiat-Lux
Junior Boarder

#277747 1 year, 1 month ago
Tough call, so many great shows. I have not seen the west coast shows, so from the east I am throwing out-

7/3/2010 Gelston Castle Estate, Mohawk, NY
I: Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion, Born Cross-Eyed > Alligator > Truckin > Feelin Alright, New Potato Caboose > Cream Puff War > Viola Lee Blues
II: Sage and Spirit > Seven Hills of Gold > Althea > Magnolia Mountain, Sugar Magnolia > No More Do I, Dark Star > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer > Stella Blue > Uncle John's Band
E: One More Saturday Night > Sunshine Daydream
First ''Seven Hills of Gold''; Next ''No More Do I''

11/11/2011 The Oncenter, Syracuse, NY
I: Alligator > Last Time, Reuben and Cerise, High on a Mountain > Loser, Brown-Eyed Women, Jack Straw, Revolution
II: Weather Report Suite Prelude/Part 1 > Let It Grow > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Playin in the Band > I Want You > Dark Star > We Love You > King Solomon's Marbles, Sugaree, GDTRFB
E: The Eleven > The Whipping Post 11/4 Intro > U.S. Blues

7/ 14/ 2013 Doubleday Field, Cooperstown, NY
Set 1, The Music Never Stopped, Shakey Ground, Foolish Heart, Big River, Pride of Cucamonga, Black-Throated Wind, West L.A. Fadeaway, Casey Jones, Set 2, Cumberland Blues, Casey at Bat, Cumberland Blues, Dark Star, Terrapin Station, Standing on the Moon, Bertha, Gloria, Encore: Samson and Delilah

Keep the Mojo moving, Fiat-Lux
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#277803 1 year, 1 month ago
top 3 shows....
I'm going with

1. Red Rocks 2012 night 3
2. Boston 2012 night 1
3. Cooperstown, because I'd been chasing Bertha and finally caught her after 17 shows!
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by CosmicCookie.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#277811 1 year, 1 month ago
03/19/11 (Sat) Tower Theatre - Upper Darby, PA

Set 1: Music Never Stopped > Brown Eyed Women > He's Gone > Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Althea, Looks Like Rain > Big Railroad Blues > Not Fade Away

Set 2: Jack Straw > Dark Star > We Love You > Dark Star > Help on the Way > Slipknot! > The Eleven > The Wheel > Black Peter > Going Down the Road Feeling Bad > And We Bid You Goodnight, E: One More Saturday Night

07/16/13 (Tue) Bank Of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook - Gilford, NH

Set 1: Scarlet Begonias > Big Bad Blues, Brown Eyed Women, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Corrina (1) > Fire on the Mountain

Set 2: China Cat Sunflower > All Along the Watchtower, Mountain Song, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Throwing Stones, Wharf Rat > Franklin's Tower, E: I Know You Rider

11/04/11 (Fri) Cumberland County Civic Center - Portland, ME

Set 1: Passenger > Cosmic Charlie, Born Cross Eyed > Crazy Fingers > Come Together > Deal, Feel Like A Stranger, Brown Eyed Women

Set 2: China Cat Sunflower > Mountain Song > St. Stephen > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > The Other One > Unbroken Chain > Stella Blue > I Know You Rider, E: Touch of Grey
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#278055 1 year, 1 month ago
7/15/11 First Show- I: Jack Straw, Bertha, Money for Gasoline, Ramble On Rose, Big River, Cold Rain and Snow, Viola Lee Blues, Turn on Your Lovelight*
II: Truckin > New Speedway Boogie > Corrina > The Mountain Song > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider > She Came in Through the Bathroom Window > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer, Standing on the Moon, GDTRFB > And We Bid You Goodnight
*-w/ Warren Haynes

Friday Red Rocks 2011 I: Iko Iko, Greatest Story Ever Told, Cold Rain and Snow, Me and My Uncle, Ramble On Rose, Loser, Money for Gasoline, Box of Rain
II: You Ain't Goin Nowhere*, Hard to Handle*, Two Souls in Communion*, Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > The Wheel > Supplication Jam > Death Don't Have No Mercy, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider
E: Attics of My Life
Only ''You Ain't Goin Nowhere''; Only ''Two Souls in Communion''; Next ''Me and My Uncle'' 1/18/2013 [68 shows

Friday Broomfield 2013 I: Hell in a Bucket > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, It Must Have Been the Roses, I Need a Miracle > Bird Song > Promised Land
II: Jam > Jack Straw > Shakedown Street > The Mountain Song > The Other One > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain > Dear Prudence, Not Fade Away
E: Knockin on Heaven's Door
Previous ''It Must Have Been the Roses'' 11/19/2011 [51 shows]; Previous ''Knockin on Heaven's Door'' 11/5/2011 [61 shows]
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds