• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
theumbrellaman
Junior Boarder

Re: Set List- Phil & Friends, Penn's Peak, 7/24/2013

#273973 1 year, 1 month ago
Thank you Sue for running the thread tonight, and thank you Bill for last nights. Thank you all for the pictures and the commentary. Thank you Phil and friends for the music, and so many thanks to Taper Rob for bringing it all to us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, SunshineSue
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#273974 1 year, 1 month ago
Thanks again, Sue. These Phil shows are lots of fun. TR ought to be at the Vibes. He's usually really busy , so hoping for cool weather for Taperrob and everyone at the Gathering of the Vibes. Lots of music including 2 more phil and Friends shows to look forward to hearing and experiencing!
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#273975 1 year, 1 month ago
[quote="sidewalkstrativarius" post=273966]nycdave wrote:

What a great little forumfamily we've got here

Furthur.net what a Forum!!!!!!!!
Quote Yakov Smirnoff
That's what he said I know him he's a huge Deadhead
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#273978 1 year, 1 month ago
Have a good rest of the night folks, this has been great, and TXR is sounding fine as well!

TaperRob at GOTV is a nice thought on which to end the evening!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#273993 1 year, 1 month ago
holy jeez, looks like I missed some magic, can't wait for Interlocken, Sue and Tim and all the FFF should join if you haven't already committed
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#273995 1 year, 1 month ago
Interesting there were no covers, not that I go to shows to see them, but the last time I saw Phil & Friends was at the Christmas Jam (wayyyy too long ago in December 2011) and the encore was Angel Band, very few people freaked, but I lost it. Man that was something special, I love when Phil and the Boys dust off something that hasn't been played in a while or do something that's never been done
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#274006 1 year, 1 month ago
One slight change to the setlist. The jam after Loose Lucy clearly went into Coltrane's A Love Supreme.

I'll post some observations from this profound night tomorrow, after my synapses have stopped firing.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Equinox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#274009 1 year, 1 month ago
Chester wrote:
And some seriously twisted spacey weirdness.

Actually, in a nutshell, that's really all I have to say about this night.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, doin_that_rag
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#274014 1 year, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
John Madeski is so good, and I've always enjoyed his playing, but I have to admit listening to him here makes me appreciate how truly special Jeff C is.

I thought that was particularly true during Deal. Everything was just building and building and you're getting ready for this massive organ solo and then... Medeski played something totally cool but it wasn't what was needed to take the song into a whole other dimension.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Stonedbeetle
Junior Boarder

#274024 1 year, 1 month ago
I was at the show. A few thoughts.

Couch touring is fun, but you quickly remember HOW MUCH BETTER it is to be AT the show.

Weather was perfect
Venue was perfect
Lots and lots of people were looking for tickets. I scored two face value tickets in the lot.
Security was chill.
Great shakedown for a small show

The set list speaks for itself, regarding jams . . . .

Even when things got weird . . . it was coherent and could be followed. Russo and Phil were unbelievable last night. Russo was a maniac. Seriously . . . I can't say I have seen him light up like he did last night. I am curious to see how that translates to the recordings.

Scofield is having a ball. He is just standing there drop jawed the whole time smiling ear to ear. After the show Phil threw some fist pumps up with the audience closing out NFA. I swear I lip read him looking at John and saying "can you effing believe this" Every band member high fived and hugged. I get the sense that they all walked away from this one thinking "that was over the top cool" I can't say I have seen Phil this animated since The Dead Philly Spring 09 at the Spectrum when after Dew the crowd went nuts for 2 minutes and Phil walked up to the mic and said . . . man I forgot how much energy this place has.
Bound to cover just a little more ground . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Sustainabill, clutch_cargo, theumbrellaman
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds