• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: CANANDAIGUA RAINOUT SCAM

#279392 1 year ago
Chester wrote:
Couldn't help it.

The ballad of the Canandaigua Rainout scam

The boys were on the road,
and they stopped to do a show.
In a place called Canandaigua,
they had no place else to go.
They started in, so soft and sweet,
with the rhythm moving low.
The heat built, and the jams did too.
But the wind had started to blow.
Soon the rain came in, and started to spin,
then the lightning stole the show.
The end came swift, and left us in a twist,
and now its we who have to go.

Just jotted that down. I figure somebody else could do better, but I enjoyed that.

and itsa hard, itsa hard, and its hard, itsa hard. itsa hard canandiagua rainout scam's gonna fall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Zipster, karenrose
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#279500 1 year ago
What Scam...it F'n Rained like hell, and if the thunder don't get you then the lightening will !!! I applaud the band for looking out for those of us who were there and I was. I drove all day from Boston to see that show and I was disappointed in the weather...not the band, promoters, or venue, so get an F'n life you folks who bitch about everything. There I said it. Get a Friggin Life, its just great music not a scam and not the end of anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#279599 1 year ago
wasnt there myself,
but it was prob. the promoters, not the band.
and the band was probably like, "we gonna play, till we git paid" cause they aint a charity gig, and so if the promoters wanted to pull the plug, phil or whomever probably just tried to smooth it over, and git the fans to leave.

this shit happened in 95, SHITSTORM!

the good ol'days, when the band and PROMOTERS, were not so fast to piss off the crowd.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#279787 1 year ago
Zipster wrote:
What Scam...it F'n Rained like hell, and if the thunder don't get you then the lightening will !!! I applaud the band for looking out for those of us who were there and I was. I drove all day from Boston to see that show and I was disappointed in the weather...not the band, promoters, or venue, so get an F'n life you folks who bitch about everything. There I said it. Get a Friggin Life, its just great music not a scam and not the end of anything.

I got a f in life and i complained and will do so because i can and want to. Maybe you should learn that the not all people see things the way you do and by trying to belittle them with words of get a life you only encourage people like me to Bitch as you put it louder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Cub
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#279789 1 year ago
I admit I stepped out of line big time by putting any blame whatsoever on the band, obviously they had no say, so I was stupid to say such a thing. But like stricken said I have a f ing life too. We drove all the way from NH after flying all the way from Colorado so I had more invested in that journey than you so if I want to call out CMAC for conservatively ending a show due to rain then I will buddy.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#279801 1 year ago
~~walking in the tall trees, going where the wind goes~~
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#279881 1 year ago
Denver Man wrote:
I admit I stepped out of line big time by putting any blame whatsoever on the band, obviously they had no say, so I was stupid to say such a thing. But like stricken said I have a f ing life too. We drove all the way from NH after flying all the way from Colorado so I had more invested in that journey than you so if I want to call out CMAC for conservatively ending a show due to rain then I will buddy.

Good Point Denver, I agree to a certain point but after reading so many negative things lately I was ticked off for a moment...well said and I agree about the promoters and the venue. I don't usually pipe in on these negative energy rants but I guess I be human too. Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers.
Cub
Senior Boarder

#281181 12 months ago
Well now it is September and I am reading all of the post about this show in NY State. (Chester's lyrics are fun)
I just read about the management's decision to give ya'all the Bum's Rush !!

On page 4:
"Platoscave" sez some good common sense thoughts that came to my mind too.also, like.....
#1 Yes, lighting rods on the structure please.
#2 Taper's under the roof, always
#3 Inform the audience via twitter,text, whatever, why the show may spin-off into a "Unexpected Tangent of Confusion"

Those stage announcements are weak, compared to the Grateful Dead's Take-a-Step Back, and S.P.A.C.S. "Hey get down off that railing are we can't play" or UCLA "Hey management is tellin'-us, to-tell-you, to clear the aisles and dance in the back.

Dancin' in the rain is so much fun. It gives a total flip-side experience-twist to all the dry shows you just experienced on tour.

However I'd like to thank Platoscave for his hotel and travel time info.
When Furthur returns (and possible does a 3 set show) I'd like to be there, hassle free.

I hope in the future Furthur's Band Manager can tweet this info out in more detail than a stage announcement from a band member who doesn't feel comfortable delivering bad news in the middle of a greatly smooth-sailin' show.

I'm for FURTHUR 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster
chinakatt
Fresh Boarder

#282107 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I was at this show, driving 6 hrs from Columbus, OH. I decided to hit this show rather than Thornville b/c I didn't have all weekend to go to the festival and b/c I wanted a reserved seat. I chose this venue over Mann and other east coasts show b/c of the rural setting and because it was the shortest drive from Columbus.

Despite the aborted second set I had a really good time enjoying the good music that WAS played. The shakedown was fun, the first set was great. At intermission I met a lot of friendly people. The second set started out GREAT and it was gathering some serious momentum when the shut it down came. Wha'ca gonna do? The choice to end it probably was truly safety-related. When Weir and Lesh tell the crowd "adious", this proves that they mean it!

I thought the venue was nice and I'll try to return again. It took me a LONG TIME to get ready to hit the road once I got to my car. I luckily parked in a nearby strip mall rather than the venue lot. After the show, I left the strip mall, hit a nearby Burger King then sat in my car in a nearby empty lot well into the wee-hours as it rained and rained. There was no way I was ready to drive anywhere and I didn't even have a road map. Driving in the rain, through the post-concert traffic, w/o a map would not have been any fun. As it was I ramped down, rested, drove though empty streets and ultimately made it to my next destination safely.

Hey, any Further show, even if incomplete is still rewarding! This beats the hell out of the last (summer '95) Dead show at Deer Creek, which was cancelled before it even started, and I had really great seats for that one!
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by chinakatt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds