• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: CANANDAIGUA RAINOUT SCAM

#273251 1 year, 1 month ago
((((Bob and Phil inc)))))

As a member of the board of trusties it is my stance that they did what they had to do surly against what they knew would be a very unpopular decision. Safety WAS the issue, no conspiracy at hand here. When Phil says go home-you go home. With the exception the wiser beyond his years W Lewis pointed out to me yesterday-cosmic charlie.

That said. I was grateful for all stops on this run. NH was by far my favorite. Hopeful that they will play there again. The shake that they aloud in Cooperstown was remarkable and the friendly community there was very suprising. I was even givin a lift to the show by a local that knew I didn't want to wait for the trolly and after the show a nice older man that had a van shuttle that was picking up heads after the trollys stoped running. He told us he had hit a deer eariler that week and told us to be vigalint when diving out of there. The diner across the street stayed open late and had stealie menus printed up.

Grate vibes outside of the cities.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, SunshineSue, St.Stephenhead
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#273254 1 year, 1 month ago
ecojaded wrote:
((((Bob and Phil inc)))))

As a member of the board of trusties it is my stance that they did what they had to do surly against what they knew would be a very unpopular decision. Safety WAS the issue, no conspiracy at hand here. When Phil says go home-you go home. With the exception the wiser beyond his years W Lewis pointed out to me yesterday-cosmic charlie.

That said. I was grateful for all stops on this run. NH was by far my favorite. Hopeful that they will play there again. The shake that they aloud in Cooperstown was remarkable and the friendly community there was very suprising. I was even givin a lift to the show by a local that knew I didn't want to wait for the trolly and after the show a nice older man that had a van shuttle that was picking up heads after the trollys stoped running. He told us he had hit a deer eariler that week and told us to be vigalint when diving out of there. The diner across the street stayed open late and had stealie menus printed up.

Grate vibes outside of the cities.

Yes I am VERY thankful they saved me from that awful, scary rain. I might have got my shoes wet.

Good to see you man. My daughter really liked Erica See you down the road bro, hope you are hitting the fall ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#273259 1 year, 1 month ago
For sure man always good to see you and the fam-see you guys at Red Rocks !
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#273687 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
Griff wrote:
It was and is the bomb. The camping site was perhaps the best one I have ever seen and so close to the front door.

I truly hope they do go back next year. Reminds me a lot of the Cuthbert in Eugene, just a bit bigger.

(((((Meadowbrook > Bethel > Coney ))))) for next years summer tour!

We staid in a condo literally behind the stage, on the other side of the fence and trees. So we hit the supermarket and was able to cook. The night before we sat out on the deck and heard the Def Leppard and Slash (I thought it was GnR) concert perfectly. The Lake is right across the street. It is the perfect setting. Well other than the oppressive heat and humidity! lol

I would throw Cooperstown in there too just because that place was such a cool setting for a show as well. I love the wide open lawn with the option of hitting the seats when things get sloppy lol. I wonder what that community thought of the circus in their little town?

That place, Misty Harbor, was the perfect location to stay. That's also where we stayed. Couldn't believe the short walk from their property to the venue, soooo convenient. Great view of the lake, balcony, etc.. However with that being said, that property needs to maintain their units. Our sleeper sofa was broken, the fan in the bathroom sounded like a prop plane about to take off, and the wifi was very poor. But I'd stay there again in a second if Furthur returns.
Takin' it in stride!
derek92
Junior Boarder

#273732 1 year, 1 month ago
im gonna go ahead and put my two cents in
one they cancelled the show at the wrong time when it was hardly raining and lightning was off in the distance so ya thats kinda odd
the only safety issue i had was having to leave cmac umm whats the word for it i believe it would peaking! great wonderful
also some shit like this happened to phish in chicago so they play 3 sets the next night for the same crowd thats cool
i was honestly hoping not for a refund but a cheaper/free to ticket holders soundboard copy of the show wouldnt that be nice but all in all it was a great night until it was time to go which seemed stressful even on the band
The band was on fire starting out the second absolutly cosmic stuff couldn't ask for better furthur
Chester
More or less in line

#273762 1 year, 1 month ago
Couldn't help it.

The ballad of the Canandaigua Rainout scam

The boys were on the road,
and they stopped to do a show.
In a place called Canandaigua,
they had no place else to go.
They started in, so soft and sweet,
with the rhythm moving low.
The heat built, and the jams did too.
But the wind had started to blow.
Soon the rain came in, and started to spin,
then the lightning stole the show.
The end came swift, and left us in a twist,
and now its we who have to go.

Just jotted that down. I figure somebody else could do better, but I enjoyed that.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Zipster, skidoo, Cub, doin_that_rag, TMax, karenrose
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#273764 1 year, 1 month ago
To all the folk's Boo Hoo'ing about the "rain" go back a few years and remember there have been fans struck by lightening at Dead shows in the past. It wasn't about the rain. I don't live far away and it was one of the worst lightening storms I have ever seen. It would be nice to think maybe the band will make it up to CMAC next year for weather events they have nothing to do with ... but considering the unappreciative negative nancie's I suppose they would just as soon forget the whole thing and move forward.
Mtd313
Fresh Boarder

#274032 1 year, 1 month ago
I agree too much negativity, it was easy to fill ripped off in the moment. As the hours and days have passed and the initial shock has worn off I have seen the light. First the storm was bad I followed it east for at least 50 miles on I-90, welcome to central New York. If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes. Neither the band are at fault, they did every one of us a solid favor and sent us all home safe to/with our friends and families. No harm, no foul. Cmac staff was friendly and helpful to us. The band was amazing 1st set was great, and second set had more electricity than any storm. If furthur won't come back to cmac next again why should they. All the negative posts make us(the fans) look like jerks. Or they could come back next year finish the mystery set and give us a hell of a show. I'll be there when they do. Thank you Furthur, for looking out for your friends and family
platoscave
Junior Boarder

#274035 1 year, 1 month ago
I was at this show. It was a 6 hour ride from jersey in a rental car. A stay at the campus gate lodge across the street. So its safe to say I spent some $$$. The way I see it, where we were, a lake right next to us, and really nothing else. So if we had a storm cloud over us there would be a good chance it would cause ground shock or something more deadly.

Dont they put lightening rods up? Before Fridays show they were in brooklyn I think, then Saturday they would have to go from NY to ohio. I think.

I'm just happy that they still play. I can't think of any band that tours as much as they do for as long as they been doing it.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#279383 1 year ago
Denver Man wrote:
Even though I know they will never go to Meadowbrook again I am calling for NH > Coney Island > Bethel > Cooperstown next summer and I will definitely for sure come out again! Meadowbrook is totally underrated, other than The Joint in Vegas, it is the ultimate place for a concert. Condos a 5 minute walk away, you cannot beat it.

I would totally do that run.
Why don't you think they will go to Meadowbrook again? The place was awesome except for the log jam to get into the venue.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds