• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: CANANDAIGUA RAINOUT SCAM

#272948 8 months, 4 weeks ago
^^ I just do not see them going back to Meadowbrook, I really hope I am wrong. That place is the bomb!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#272949 8 months, 4 weeks ago
It was and is the bomb. The camping site was perhaps the best one I have ever seen and so close to the front door.

I truly hope they do go back next year. Reminds me a lot of the Cuthbert in Eugene, just a bit bigger.

(((((Meadowbrook > Bethel > Coney ))))) for next years summer tour!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, DrippingColors
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#272957 8 months, 4 weeks ago
dogdog wrote:
In contrast, my last experience at Red Rocks was much different. Greensky played in the rain, and there was a long break before Galactic who played much longer than one would expect. It was 10ish when Railroad Earth came on, and I was thinking they would play just one set (though they advertised two). Instead, they took a short break and the second set was epic. I think it was 1:30 A.M. during their encore.

I remember a SPAC show in the '80's when Grateful Dead played through a storm that cut out power for seconds at a time during massive lightening and thunder. The Wheel had moments where they would lose sound but the drummers never missed a beat and the band kept playing on.

Been to many shows where I was amazed bands kept on keepin on. If the stage is sufficiently covered and grounded then only wind should be an issue.

Check out Like a Hurricane with Neil Young and Crazy Horse in rain damn near horizontal in the wind at The Gorge - the movie is Year of the Horse. Jim Jarm flick. Awesome. I was there.

So, has there ever been a lightening strike death in a crowd at a show? I've never heard of one, and I get nervous sometimes cuz I was once knocked unconscious with a buddy in the mountains.

Ain't it good to be alive?

RFK....1995....out in the lot...someone got struck by lightning
GOOD LOVE
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#272965 8 months, 4 weeks ago
Griff wrote:
It was and is the bomb. The camping site was perhaps the best one I have ever seen and so close to the front door.

I truly hope they do go back next year. Reminds me a lot of the Cuthbert in Eugene, just a bit bigger.

(((((Meadowbrook > Bethel > Coney ))))) for next years summer tour!

We staid in a condo literally behind the stage, on the other side of the fence and trees. So we hit the supermarket and was able to cook. The night before we sat out on the deck and heard the Def Leppard and Slash (I thought it was GnR) concert perfectly. The Lake is right across the street. It is the perfect setting. Well other than the oppressive heat and humidity! lol

I would throw Cooperstown in there too just because that place was such a cool setting for a show as well. I love the wide open lawn with the option of hitting the seats when things get sloppy lol. I wonder what that community thought of the circus in their little town?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff, DrippingColors
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#273005 8 months, 4 weeks ago
I understand people's frustrations. I wasn't there so everything I know is hearsay but people are much safer in their cars than on the road in a thunderstorm. Sounds to me like the venue panicked, called the show and decided to chase everyone away before they had an unhappy crowd on their hands. I'd venture a guess that the curfew entered into their decision too. I know of a few venues that never ever let a band go over time.

BTW last Saturday DSO played a festival in NY. They evacuated for a lightning storm and then let everybody back in when it passed.

It's the venue's call and if they guess wrong someone could get zapped.
These are the good old days!!
89TourVeteran
Fresh Boarder

#273020 8 months, 4 weeks ago
I started this bitch post, and so I wanted to balance that out by going on the record and say that the show, up until the rain out, was awesome. I know, taste is subjective, but better than last year at Bethel, and on a par with the 2011 show in Wallingford. My girlfriend and I also saw a full Steely Dan the next night and 2/3 of the Further show blew the doors off a full Steely Dan show. My girlfriend thought the Dan show was better (but her favorite band is Night Ranger, 'nuff said) Yes, we are spoiled by the greatest band in existence, but that is why we invest in Bob and Phil Inc. and that is why I traveled the 6 hours from Hartford with my girlfriend, and footed the bill for the hotel. Furthurmore, the fact that it was such a great show made me rue the loss even more keenly. I should also point out that Bobby was not to blame, he made it clear that it was the venue. Phil, however, was very condescending, and addressed us like we were a bunch of Justin Beiber fans ("this is about safety, children").
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#273061 8 months, 4 weeks ago
^^^^^^^^^^Well........for most of us he could be our dad (1966 for me). LOL.

Yes, DM, the location was perfect to be able to stay close, enjoy the lake and really take in everything. That, IMHO, is the proverbial cherry on top. A venue that delivers that much.

Cuthbert does that...........you can walk and stay close. Bethel offered that same homey feel. And for being in the city, so did MCU. It did not feel like the "big city".
MornDuNH
Junior Boarder

#273184 8 months, 4 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^ I just do not see them going back to Meadowbrook, I really hope I am wrong. That place is the bomb!!

Hey - I live less than 2 miles from Meadowbrook, and the word here is that they want to bring Furthur back next year - see you there! - as a local and an old 'head I am excited and a little worried about that at the same time - this is a small town and if word gets out about how cool the venue is it can easily be overrun and turn into chaos... so sshhhhhh....
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#273231 8 months, 3 weeks ago
MornDuNH wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Hey - I live less than 2 miles from Meadowbrook, and the word here is that they want to bring Furthur back next year - see you there! - as a local and an old 'head I am excited and a little worried about that at the same time - this is a small town and if word gets out about how cool the venue is it can easily be overrun and turn into chaos... so sshhhhhh....

Hmm sound like red rocks hahahaha
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#273248 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:

Yes it was really cool. It wan't full but came close for an 8000+ venue. I would like them to do 2-3 nights and skip Boston. I really don't like city shows as much as ones in the woods, by a lake, with onsight camping, in a gorgeous part of the country.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds