• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
StSteven
Junior Boarder

Rained out...

#272493 1 year, 1 month ago
What can ya do?

We have never had this happen before and should be thankful for that I supppose. Sure it sucks that the rain was done as we were all walking to our cars, but better that than any one of us getting struck down by it.

I have never seen a bunch of heads so unsatisfied in my life! It was a new gambit of emotions and and feelings most of us have never had, and THAT is what we are all chasing by doing this crazy thing we all do!

Nobody is going to forget this show, just like the philly show years ago that was 100 degrees. A dirty bookmark, but a bookmark that will stay in our minds nonetheless.

The boys DO NEED TO MAKE THIS UP SOMEHOW NEXT YEAR....no bulllshit about that.

Would like to thank the people we met along the way this tour for the good vibes you gave us...i.e. Ecojaded and his lady- you guys are awesome!

See ya at Penns Peak next week!
-All I know is I feel like I have been asleep my entire life until I discovered this community...Now that I am awake and felt the things I have felt, I never want it to stop.
-My Quote-
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Rained out...

#272537 1 year, 1 month ago
Plain B.S on the cmac venue if they were worried about the cell that passed north of us it wasnt even close. there was a small cell south also.
If it was a worry why were they allowed to take the stage for second set? The closets strikes where just before second set.
And my biggest beef with the place is why the cops where chasing countless drunks out onto the highway into a supposed bad storm.
If furthur played a month straight at this venue i wouldnt make one show. And if they go back best wishes for all who go but after they get your parking money and your beer money dont expect nothing more than a swift kick in the ass to get going on the road.
But hey steven next week at penns peak we dont have to worry about the weather just space to dance is all. lol
StSteven
Junior Boarder

#272549 1 year, 1 month ago
We have always known CMAC to get the lot emptied immediatly after a show, Furthur or not. Its just what they do there and we need to accept it. They did leave us alone in the lot for a LITTLE WHILE, but the usual fuzz on quadwheelers commenced shortly after.

I know it wasnt the boys fault, but all I can do is hope that they remember us next time around.

All I can say is they got no beer money from me and my lady...Hoffman was my guide.

Can't rain out Penns Peak!
-All I know is I feel like I have been asleep my entire life until I discovered this community...Now that I am awake and felt the things I have felt, I never want it to stop.
-My Quote-
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by StSteven.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#272650 1 year, 1 month ago
think of everyone in the tapers' section with equipment that was getting rained on and with the lightning possibility...that wouldn't have been pretty.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#272665 1 year, 1 month ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
think of everyone in the tapers' section with equipment that was getting rained on and with the lightning possibility...that wouldn't have been pretty.

There was like 4 or 5 tapers on the hill just to the right of me and like 500 to a thousand empty seats under the cover.
what could be and what is are arguable all day long. Fact is there was no lightning strikes within 10 to 15 miles from the venue.
what this venue forgot was anyone who has a smart phone can track the radar.
Did the band have a say in this well unless the venue had a line hooked up to phils earphone then no the band was told to shut it down. so the band had no say and i have no gripes with the band. SAFETY was used by the venue and if the venue had safety on there mind they wouldnt have been selling beer as people where leaving.
There even could have been a delay for the storm to pass but no they jumped right to everyone leave.
So we can argue all daylong but the fact is no lightning strikes hit within 10 miles of the venue.

Im not one to wish bad on another person but in this case im keeping my fingers crossed for about a meteorite of say a ton or two falls on this venue as long as no one is there.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#272907 1 year, 1 month ago
Thanks Bro~ grateful haev met you and your lady as well. See you down the road someday~soon I hope.

~~Till then Love and Light to you two~~
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 6.94 seconds