• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Set List: Furthur Canandaigua, NY on July 19, 2013

#272395 1 year, 3 months ago
Do not feel bad! We had a wonderful time this week!! Just disappointed about ending cmac so prematurely.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Chester
More or less in line

#272397 1 year, 3 months ago
Just got back. Blazing hot day, and then the storm came through. We could see it during setbreak.
But it only just started in the second set. At one point, it was raining sideways. I was inside though.
Really crazy lightning on the way home. I haven't seen a storm like this in a while.
I was sure we'd get an impromptu Lazy Lightning, but no.
Otherwise, a nice show. Really got a kick out of the Esau. Great seeing everyone one last time,
before everybody scatters to the 4 winds. Safe travels.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, skidoo, Sustainabill, SunshineSue
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#272398 1 year, 3 months ago
I can't believe that I have been calling liberty as the encore all tour and finally when it looks like it was going to be they get cut short.

Ahhhhhh.......the irony of life.

Sorry that things got cut short for ya friends. It sort of leaves the universe not quite right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Sustainabill
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#272400 1 year, 3 months ago
Great seeing peeps I have not seen is quite a while tonight ... take care and please look us up at red rocks!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#272401 1 year, 3 months ago
Finishing our "trip" on my dad's back patio. There's a large open field behind his house & we're enjoying nature's fireworks! Show ended just as I was really taking off...
Good to see you again DM...& Chester, Mushroom Man, Ecojaded& Erica, Alison...oh! & you, too, Earl!
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by karenrose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
TMax
Senior Boarder

#272402 1 year, 3 months ago
Just got home from the show. I was on the lawn and the lightning was flashing all around us. A couple of shots were fairly close. Like others have said, crazy lightning on the way home. Trees down and electric out in a small area in central NY that I drove through. But this was a first for me. I've been to hundreds of shows - first time one was cut short because of the weather! (Had one cut short because of drunkenness by lead guitarist!)

I happen to think this was a fantastic show. The first set blazed and the energy and excitement throughout the crowd was palpable. I agree that the second set was wandering a bit but it was very cool music to be dancing to in the pouring rain.

There were portions of the crowd that were getting upset when they cancelled. I got out of there quickly but I sure hope everyone else left without any problems.
You can't get lost when you're always found...
stricken
Gold Boarder

#272407 1 year, 3 months ago
see you all at the peak
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#272408 1 year, 3 months ago
I hope no one was injured. I really wish you all safe travels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, skidoo, Sustainabill
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#272412 1 year, 3 months ago
May the four winds blow you all safely home. I was checking in on the setlist tonight while I was out and then saw that the lightning cut it short. Out of curiosity for anyone that was there, were there more people than last year? I remember at one point being on the lawn last year and seeing a TON of empty reserved seats.
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#272413 1 year, 3 months ago
TMax wrote:
Just got home from the show. I was on the lawn and the lightning was flashing all around us. A couple of shots were fairly close. Like others have said, crazy lightning on the way home. Trees down and electric out in a small area in central NY that I drove through. But this was a first for me. I've been to hundreds of shows - first time one was cut short because of the weather! (Had one cut short because of drunkenness by lead guitarist!)

I happen to think this was a fantastic show. The first set blazed and the energy and excitement throughout the crowd was palpable. I agree that the second set was wandering a bit but it was very cool music to be dancing to in the pouring rain.

There were portions of the crowd that were getting upset when they cancelled. I got out of there quickly but I sure hope everyone else left without any problems.

I also just got back. I thought it was a good show, what we got to hear. It was a continuation of the great playing from the last four nights but was a different style of show. More of a long introspective Mountains of the Moon style than a funky Shakedown kind of show. I was in the first couple of rows again and I didn't find the second set meandering at all. The Mountains was introspective but tight and well played (as an aside, I like the part in Mountains where the rain was coming in sideways and the yellow lights were illuminating it leading to an interesting effect). The Caution was awesome although the ending was strange.

As far as the stopping of the show, I personally think it's very easy to criticize things in retrospect and without knowing the full story - it doesn't help that they didn't do a good job of explaining the situation. I doubt they canceled the show because it was raining and they saw a little lightning. There could very have been a severe thunderstorm threat from incoming storms. You can't necessarily get large numbers of people out of venue and area quickly and they may have simply had to make a life safety decision based on possibilities. As several have said, they encountered storms as they were leaving.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds