• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
pink11
Platinum Boarder

Re: CONTEST: SET LIST PREDICTION GAME CANANDAIGUA 7/19

#272202 1 year, 1 month ago
try, try again....

Dancin in the streets
Me & My Uncle
Masons children

Viola Lee Blues
Wharf rat
Lovelight

encore- changing to
Johnny B Good

Bonus
Born Cross Eyed 2/2
Duprees Diamond Blues 1/5
Operator 2/3
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by pink11.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#272203 1 year, 1 month ago
Jack Straw
Tennessee Jed
Promised Land

Greatest Story
Caution
Good Lovin

Liberty

Masons Children ( 1 - 5 )
Playin in the Band ( 2 - 1 )
Eyes of the World ( 2 - 4 )
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#272564 1 year, 1 month ago
My thought for scoring this round was to eliminate the 2nd set closer and encore slots so that means songs in those 2 slots will be counted as one point. Hope that is an ok strategy..

Also for clarity sake, songs picked in the wild card slots get 2 points if they are played anywhere in the set other than the set opener or closer.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#272569 1 year, 1 month ago
Sustainabill wrote:
A Proposition for the Rules Committee to Consider

At last nights show, group of songs, Looks Like Rain, Built to Last, El Paso, Dire Wolf, Big Railroad Blues, Eyes of the World, and In the Midnight Hour were either unclaimed, or only chosen by one entrant in the contest. These songs expressed some dismay in our system of scoring as they witnessed Morning Dew and Touch of Grey dispersing many of the points. I would like to submit a rare-song-pick request to amend the rules for future tours on their behalf.

If a song is only chosen by one entrant, it is a rare-song-pick, and that entrant will be awarded 5 points for the selection.

If such a system was in place last night. dr bakes would have received 5 points instead of 2 for Looks Like Rain, MS half-step would have received 5 points for El Paso instead of 1, strev would have received 5 points instead of 2 for Dire Wolf, pink11 would have eceived 5 points instead of 1 for Eyes of the World, and jim2794 would have received 5 points instead of 2 for In the Midnight Hour. While the current standings would reflect little changes, the overall future impact of such a rule change could open up the game for more offense and provide greater hope to all.

Awarding 5 points is only a suggestion, the actual number should be decided among the members of the rules committee (us).

Sounds good to me!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#272577 1 year, 1 month ago
7/19 results

Straws - 8

nycdave - 7

Denver man - 5
Sunshine Sue - 5

rollawaythedew - 4
23atwell - 4
Chester - 4
newyawker - 4

cosmic cookie - 3
jim2794 - 3
wharfratross69 - 3
sustainabill - 3

dr bakes - 2
pink11 - 2

patchmyfurthur - 1
cosmictuna - 1
strev - 1

MS halfstep - 0
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#272603 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
A Proposition for the Rules Committee to Consider

At last nights show, group of songs, Looks Like Rain, Built to Last, El Paso, Dire Wolf, Big Railroad Blues, Eyes of the World, and In the Midnight Hour were either unclaimed, or only chosen by one entrant in the contest. These songs expressed some dismay in our system of scoring as they witnessed Morning Dew and Touch of Grey dispersing many of the points. I would like to submit a rare-song-pick request to amend the rules for future tours on their behalf.

If a song is only chosen by one entrant, it is a rare-song-pick, and that entrant will be awarded 5 points for the selection.

If such a system was in place last night. dr bakes would have received 5 points instead of 2 for Looks Like Rain, MS half-step would have received 5 points for El Paso instead of 1, strev would have received 5 points instead of 2 for Dire Wolf, pink11 would have eceived 5 points instead of 1 for Eyes of the World, and jim2794 would have received 5 points instead of 2 for In the Midnight Hour. While the current standings would reflect little changes, the overall future impact of such a rule change could open up the game for more offense and provide greater hope to all.

Awarding 5 points is only a suggestion, the actual number should be decided among the members of the rules committee (us).

Sounds good to me!!

As someone who has no real steak in this game (my choices throughout the tour have been terrible), I nonetheless will take this opportunity to express concerns about the proposed new system of rules. First of all one defines rules of a contest before the start of a contest. By changing the rules during the middle of the contest someone is inevitably going to be treated unfairly. Not only is there a change being proposed in the middle a whole new category is being added. 5 points for a rare song pick? Seriously? Why not then call this game the rare song selection contest. In addition lets have judges award extra points for style during presentation. In fact lets just make up all of the rules as we go along. We could even award people that the community likes extra points for good karma.
Thanks for granting me the opportunity to vent. IMHO the key to a good contest is to have simple rules that everyone understands. Moving forward I guess we can toss that notion out the window.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds