• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MornDuNH
Junior Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur Gilford, NH July 16, 2013

#271792 1 year ago
Wow... I guess I must have been at a different show. I had not seen much at all of post-Jerry work from the former Dead members - and this was by far the best. I found the crowd respectful, friendly, energetic and really into the music. The music blew me away, better than most Grateful Dead shows I saw after '93... I think maybe you were just having a bad night... hot day, maybe dehydrated... this show far exceeded my expectations - and made me feel 25 years younger - still walkin with a spring in my step
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, Denver Man
Brian
Fresh Boarder

#271822 1 year ago
MornDuNH wrote:
Wow... I guess I must have been at a different show. I had not seen much at all of post-Jerry work from the former Dead members - and this was by far the best. I found the crowd respectful, friendly, energetic and really into the music. The music blew me away, better than most Grateful Dead shows I saw after '93... I think maybe you were just having a bad night... hot day, maybe dehydrated... this show far exceeded my expectations - and made me feel 25 years younger - still walkin with a spring in my step

you and me both +1
red reishi
Fresh Boarder

#271896 1 year ago
Yes indeed, it was the first show I had seen in some years and while there were some issues with feedback and slightly awkward moments, the overall energy and vibe at that show was INCREDIBLE. I still have goosebumps days later. It felt great to be there under the stars and moon with the originators!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#272065 1 year ago
Brian wrote:
MornDuNH wrote:

you and me both +1

+3!!!

The New Hampshire show was unreal I thought! I am so grateful to have been there.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
jambre
Fresh Boarder

#272073 1 year ago
Can't help but throw my two cents into the conversation-I hadn't been to a show since 1991(OK, a few DSO's and Max Creek)-my first was Hampton, Va in 1977(?)-at about 1 o'clock Tuesday morning, I was on my computer here at work, went on the Meadowbrook site, found the last two tix in section 2b-behind and to the right of the soundboard. Great show-I've been walking six inches off the ground since Tuesday night!
I took my 15 y/o son with me-he's downloaded a few shows from archive.org, and is working on some of Phil's bass riffs from them(kid's got more musical talent in his pinky than I do!).
The only thing I noticed was the lack of 'mike masts'-no tapers at the Meadowbrook?(Some house policy?) And I didn't see anything uploaded as of this evening to archive.org-

Thank you all for keeping the good vibe over the years-It's great to be back-

Jim
Manchester, NH
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
Alcoa
Fresh Boarder

#272092 1 year ago
So perhaps we disagree, but thank you for doing so respectfully. There were some good moments in the show, I loved The Mountain Song, Scarlet, China Cat(except for the poorly done and confusing sharing of not just lyrics, but of sentences???!!!), Fire and I know you rider, but the rest of the show was (in my humble opinion) sluggish and off a step or two. Listening to Bobby sing Help on the Way sounded a bit like a William Shatner version...."Paradise....waits...on the crest....of a ....wave" Picture it, it is funny. I think he is reluctant to let John sing and that is too bad. Whatever, he is now the leader of the band.

Don't get me wrong people, I love the band and everything that they represent! I have spent years of my life on tour, sleeping in parking lots, showering in college dorm rooms (we didn't go to the college or know anyone who did), eating meatless hot dogs and laughing and sharing great times with friends and strangers who became friends over the years. I am now a high school principal and instead of bells between classes we play music, guess which tunes are part of the rotation? How many schools do you know where a rousing Sugar Mag or Uncle John's signals the passing of time? Anyway...I feel a bit defensive, but maybe that is just my recognizing that a large part of my life is changing.

Remember, when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

Best to you and yours!
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#272367 1 year ago
One more vote for a great time.

Sure the molly kids can be goof balls, but I do think I was much different when I was 16.

I understand the comments of it seemingly being "packaged up", yet after seeing them play for 3 years, it is not true. Sure it is not as "loose" as the ol' days ('79 for me), yet the energy more than makes up for that for me personally.

Keep coming back brother!
MornDuNH
Junior Boarder

#272472 1 year ago
As the days go by and this show still doesn't show up on the archive I get a little sad...I know I saw two mic trees there and hoping it comes up soon - the possibility than a quality AUD recording of this show may not exist is just tragic.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272685 1 year ago
Thanks to Furthur for the photos

Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#272686 1 year ago