• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur Cooperstown, NY July 14, 2013!!

#270576 1 year, 3 months ago
right on Denver Man... show of the tour so far last night (I thought)

the rain started coming down and I was one of the only prepared people with a poncho in the back pocket... that was classic though. The rain gets harder and the jam does with it, music never stopped. was perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#270577 1 year, 3 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Cooperstown was one of the coolest places I have ever seen a show. That whole area is beautiful. The whole town was very welcoming. We parked in a residents front yard one block from Doubleday they were very nice. The police were very cool. We got right out of there end of show as I imagine shakedown was pretty sloppy at that point lol. But that lot where they set up shakedown was cool. It was awesome seeing FFF! It was a very fun show an interesting set list! On to New Hampshire!! Oh and the rain was the best kind! It was pretty hot per show but that rain cooled everything down nicely. Man it was so fun dancing in the rain. Anyway yesterday was a special day and confirms why I go to shows.

Gee and all of this happened in upstate NY.

Who was saying all that "watch out it is a small town" stuff anyway.
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#270581 1 year, 3 months ago
Thanks everyone for your kindness. It was great to see some of you again & meet new folks. It was just what we needed. See you Friday!
mdono1
Fresh Boarder

#270587 1 year, 3 months ago
Trying to find out where and when Furthur has played Gloria before. I can see from The Barn website that they've played it 6 times, but I can't seem to find out where and when.

I don't recall ever seeing it. I know I did NOT see any of the Grateful Dead versions.

Thanks!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#270592 1 year, 3 months ago
mdono1 wrote:
Trying to find out where and when Furthur has played Gloria before. I can see from The Barn website that they've played it 6 times, but I can't seem to find out where and when.

I don't recall ever seeing it. I know I did NOT see any of the Grateful Dead versions.

Thanks!

Played in Raleigh NC....summer 2011...It was second song....very nice version...
GOOD LOVE
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#270594 1 year, 3 months ago
mdono1 wrote:

Thanks!

Furthur Glorias:
I was at the first on 12-12-2009 in Asbury Park, NJ
The others were played on 2-15-2010, 2-27-10, 3-10-11, 7-28-11, and 10-5-12

Grateful Dead played Gloria many times
4-16-79, 12-1 79, 10-16-81, 11-3-84, 4-14-85, 11-1-85, 3-23-92, 5-21-92, 6-25-92, 12-3-92, 1-26-93, 4-5-93, 5-27-93, 6-15-93, 9-18-93, 6-30-95, ...

I remember John Cippollina and Gary Duncan joining the Dead to play it as an encore, but I don't recall which show that was.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#270595 1 year, 3 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Cooperstown was one of the coolest places I have ever seen a show. ... On to New Hampshire!!

That show in New Hampshire has been on the radar for a while. The intimacy of the venue and smaller audience seems to provide incredible opportunities for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Have the greatest of times at this show, it ought to be a barn-burner!

If a couple of FFF members with fully charged smartphones are in attendance, then we would like you to help provide the service of streaming if necessary. Thanks! May all have a wonderful time at this show!
Thank You Jerry
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#270597 1 year, 3 months ago
Sounds like it was a great venue, wish I could have gone.

But I agree, on to New Hampshire. But first I had to leave Seattle. So below for pic of the Mt Rainer, Mt Adams and beyond that Mt. Hood. A glorious morning. I could actually see the Sisters but they wont show up on the Iphone cam.

See you all tomorrow.
IMG_0579.JPG
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#270598 1 year, 3 months ago
I taped this show and will put it up on LMA for streaming and download when I have a chance to track and upload sometime after the tour, I'm currently running a backlog so it may take a while. It was another wet night not as bad as Holmdel though and Cooperstown was really a special show.

I can provide streams occasionally, link to my uStream page is the website link below my avatar. I do need wi-fi to get a stream out though and it will only be a mono sum tapped from recording rig and normally low fidelity due to bandwidth limitations. The high fidelity recordings for archival purposes will always be my priority over supplying a live stream. I do delete streams from the page within a day or two after an event as my concentration is on LMA or sometimes Etree for non LMA bands. I couldn't tap into any of the visible networks at Cooperstown. If someone at a show has a portable wi-fi hotspot device and is willing to share their network I'll stream for those that can't be at a given show and wish to listen live at home.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, FurthurFlower67, Griff
mdono1
Fresh Boarder

#270599 1 year, 3 months ago
Thanks for the info!

Confirmed that last night was my first Gloria. (settles a bet amongst the posse members)
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds