• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur Port Chester, NY April 25, 2013!

#256370 1 year, 3 months ago
very weird night
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#256373 1 year, 3 months ago
he kicked the chair when they brought it out... he is a stubborn guy

He wanted to stand, they should of made him drink some water.

first set during me and my uncle, I just thought that bobby was going to try and sing it differently, though i was quickly aware that it wasnt the case and he was fucked up...

Very emotional for everyone I love YOU BOBBY GET WELL
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
rick063092
Junior Boarder

#256375 1 year, 3 months ago
yankeesmed wrote:
Was at the show. I bet you guys got enough first hands so I won't belabor it. But just to put a positive on it, I was really touched by the resolve of Bobby, the resolve of the band, and the resolve of the crowd tonight. It was a tough night for all and it almost ended sour. But when the band came out and finished the set, I haven't seen the crowd dance so hard all run. It went from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs and like all shows end up being it truly was a good show.

Life is so mysterious. Any one of us could drop dead today. Gotta be grateful for each moment and be OK when things go strange. Tonight's not so grim if you think about it right, Bobby doing what he loves, it was actually poetic in a way to see him out there still strumming even though he was in another world. He wanted to be there even though he couldn't. I'm so glad he is OK. And if one day the worst should come, well, you can step back and realize "the worst" is just another part of this beautiful life. Maybe Bobby made a bad choice tonight, maybe his health isn't OK, maybe he got some bad advice. Whatever it is, it happened but it all just kind of melted into Unbroken Chain and reminded me that life isn't always gonna be high points.

All for the power of positive thinking, but I prefer to be a realist...don't know your show history etc., but after having seen jerry deteriorate ifo my eyes don't need to see another..Bobby leaving in an ambulance and unable to finish I would say is ending sour..the whole thing with the chair and his "resolve" reminded me of trying to tell a drunk he was unable to drive and take away his car keys and him arguing..I've left feeling a show was great that others hated and vice versa, if you walked out last night feeling the highest of highs..good on ya'...I know for myself and plenty others it was quite the opposite..hoping for a fired up rebound show in A.C.
rick063092
Junior Boarder

#256376 1 year, 3 months ago
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#256382 1 year, 3 months ago
rick063092 wrote:
yankeesmed wrote:
Was at the show. I bet you guys got enough first hands so I won't belabor it. But just to put a positive on it, I was really touched by the resolve of Bobby, the resolve of the band, and the resolve of the crowd tonight. It was a tough night for all and it almost ended sour. But when the band came out and finished the set, I haven't seen the crowd dance so hard all run. It went from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs and like all shows end up being it truly was a good show.

Life is so mysterious. Any one of us could drop dead today. Gotta be grateful for each moment and be OK when things go strange. Tonight's not so grim if you think about it right, Bobby doing what he loves, it was actually poetic in a way to see him out there still strumming even though he was in another world. He wanted to be there even though he couldn't. I'm so glad he is OK. And if one day the worst should come, well, you can step back and realize "the worst" is just another part of this beautiful life. Maybe Bobby made a bad choice tonight, maybe his health isn't OK, maybe he got some bad advice. Whatever it is, it happened but it all just kind of melted into Unbroken Chain and reminded me that life isn't always gonna be high points.

All for the power of positive thinking, but I prefer to be a realist...don't know your show history etc., but after having seen jerry deteriorate ifo my eyes don't need to see another..Bobby leaving in an ambulance and unable to finish I would say is ending sour..the whole thing with the chair and his "resolve" reminded me of trying to tell a drunk he was unable to drive and take away his car keys and him arguing..I've left feeling a show was great that others hated and vice versa, if you walked out last night feeling the highest of highs..good on ya'...I know for myself and plenty others it was quite the opposite..hoping for a fired up rebound show in A.C.

It is what it is. A man's gonna make his own decisions. I love what the band has given to me but I'm not gonna sit there and act like it's a funeral because some dude who I already know is stubborn as shit drank too much and mixed it with some pills. It was disgusting to see him up there and he made whatever choices he made to get to that point. His decisions affected a lot of people last night, including the band and the fans, but everyone got through it. As I said, it was a real tough night and I was very sad the whole night a) to see one of my favorite musicians zombified and falling on stage and b) because the fucking show was ruined.

As for a), there's nothing I can do about that, those are Bobby's choices and hopefully he's got some family or a sweet one at home to hug him tight when he's hurting and mourn him when he's gone. As for b), the music was good after Bobby fell, and given the circumstances after the shitty show and shitty night I just had, that brought me way higher than most of the other shows have. For that one sweet segment? Yea man, I was enjoying the show to the highest possible degree. Honestly, I don't know how you weren't. I'm just not gonna let an old man drinking too much make me hang my head down for too long.
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#256387 1 year, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
OK, on Saturday I think everybody needs to bring their A game, cosmically speaking. Lets lift our brothers and sister up to the heavens!

^ This ^ Wish I could be there to usher them back.

Thanks to everyone offering their 2 cents on what had happened, I was late tuning in last night to the stream and missed most of the show. I actually popped it on to dead/crowd air at ~11:15 and immediately thought "oh shit, something happened, what happened"... Kudos to the rest of them for finishing it out afterward and sounding great even with one man down and out. Here's hoping for the best; and please please please send your positive thoughts Bobby's way everyone!!
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#256395 1 year, 3 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Wow- strangest show ever. Just want to start by saying that I wish Bob the best. It was a very difficult show to watch, it was really tough for the band who like me were expecting that Bob was going to fall. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see someone sit down. It was crazy that unbroken chain continued after the big fall but I guess the show must go on, right? Nice of the band to finish the set after Bob left & Phil said something about Bob straining his shoulder during a workout??? The crowd really reacted to that & I couldn't make out what else he said after that. Not sure if you heard the announcement made by Trixie Garcia. They renamed the bar at the Capitol Theater "Garcia's" and the bar will have a bronze statue of Jerry's hand. As Trixie spoke, they projected a beautiful shot of Jerry on the walls which was perfect. Also, as we left, there were two big photos of Jerry on the wall & Garcia's projected above the bar.

Weird night to cap off the run, but ended with a fitting tribute to Jerry.

Could be the whole Jerry tribute thing effected Bobby and he hit it a little hard. I know I've done the same when I got down about the fat man and I wasn't in the band.
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#256397 1 year, 3 months ago
I like and agree with the love and understanding on the board here. I only caught the last of the stream last night and have missed most of this run....work and life joyfully busy! Feel the pain for Bob with this (I am afraid I have seemingly been there also), but lord knows it's the imperfection of humanity that makes us all unique and am still grateful for him being out there bringing this music still. what's important is his health and wellness and only he and his friends/ family can best be the commentators for that. God bless him, and I hope he is well!

J
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#256398 1 year, 3 months ago
I don't think I'm ready to watch that video yet. It was disconcerting enough just hearing the crowd reactions and getting the tweet/post updates. Poor Bob, he has to be feeling so embarrassed and guilty, and probably still in a lot of physical pain, too. I really think this was a simple but unfortunate case of over-medication, and not anything like Jerry's self-imposed health issues.

Love you Bob, still sending out vibes and prayers!! Go get that shoulder fixed before Fall, you'll be a happier man and we'll be a much happier, and very relieved, audience!!

Add- Many, many thanks to LBDowling, nycdave and all the others that kept those of us on the couch very well-informed when we really needed to be! I have to say again how much it helped to have the virtual community around last night for both support and information!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, RowTimmy
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#256399 1 year, 3 months ago
Not the best decision to start your morning watching one of your musical idols falling on stage. Now I am sick and sad and worried.

One off night, yes, that is what I'm hoping. I am praying that it was just a bad mix of pain meds and maybe a glass or two of alcohol, which is very careless for a man his age and also the likely cause of his actions.

But I mean he was slouching even while on the chair, so its kinda evident that his shoulder was a factor.

My highest hopes that it was dissolved within hours and Bob's back on point in life, not just in performance, this morning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolflove222
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds