• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur Port Chester, NY April 25, 2013!

#256338 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Em, thanks for driving tonight!! If there was ever a night I was glad to have a lot of FFF around on the couch it was definitely tonight! It was good to be together for the scary parts. It sounds like Bob will be just fine after whatever he took wears off, and hopefully his shoulder is good to go for Saturday!

Take care and good night, all!!

((((((BOB))))))

I couldn't login to the forum until now.... what a weird night
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#256341 1 year, 5 months ago
Love my Bobby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ol chicken scratch
rick063092
Junior Boarder

#256343 1 year, 5 months ago
Was there...not a pretty sight ..evident from the get go..staggering, missing mic/hitting mic, swaying, leaning on amp/effects cabinet..he fell on stage, and then nearly fell out of the chair...Initially kicked chair out of the way and waved finger at charuki that he would not sit in chair (he eventually did)..have to be honest, for them to have him still up there trying to play in his condition seemed callous..everyone near me couldnt believe he made it out for the 2nd set..people in the crowd were pleading that he needed help, as was Sunshine...pretty hectic..not a pleasant night at all..
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB, Strider1
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#256344 1 year, 5 months ago
Wow- strangest show ever. Just want to start by saying that I wish Bob the best. It was a very difficult show to watch, it was really tough for the band who like me were expecting that Bob was going to fall. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see someone sit down. It was crazy that unbroken chain continued after the big fall but I guess the show must go on, right? Nice of the band to finish the set after Bob left & Phil said something about Bob straining his shoulder during a workout??? The crowd really reacted to that & I couldn't make out what else he said after that. Not sure if you heard the announcement made by Trixie Garcia. They renamed the bar at the Capitol Theater "Garcia's" and the bar will have a bronze statue of Jerry's hand. As Trixie spoke, they projected a beautiful shot of Jerry on the walls which was perfect. Also, as we left, there were two big photos of Jerry on the wall & Garcia's projected above the bar.

Weird night to cap off the run, but ended with a fitting tribute to Jerry.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, GKB, deadegad, Strider1
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#256347 1 year, 5 months ago
Love you Bobby

Chester
More or less in line

#256348 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks for the first hand reports. It was difficult to tell exactly what was going on during that UBC.
Hoping for the best for Bobby.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#256349 1 year, 5 months ago
Thinking I made the right decision to forego the 25th (attempting to get a ticket outside the show) - really seemed like a nasty night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ol chicken scratch
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#256351 1 year, 5 months ago
Was at the show. I bet you guys got enough first hands so I won't belabor it. But just to put a positive on it, I was really touched by the resolve of Bobby, the resolve of the band, and the resolve of the crowd tonight. It was a tough night for all and it almost ended sour. But when the band came out and finished the set, I haven't seen the crowd dance so hard all run. It went from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs and like all shows end up being it truly was a good show.

Life is so mysterious. Any one of us could drop dead today. Gotta be grateful for each moment and be OK when things go strange. Tonight's not so grim if you think about it right, Bobby doing what he loves, it was actually poetic in a way to see him out there still strumming even though he was in another world. He wanted to be there even though he couldn't. I'm so glad he is OK. And if one day the worst should come, well, you can step back and realize "the worst" is just another part of this beautiful life. Maybe Bobby made a bad choice tonight, maybe his health isn't OK, maybe he got some bad advice. Whatever it is, it happened but it all just kind of melted into Unbroken Chain and reminded me that life isn't always gonna be high points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, GKB, gratefulalala, Molly Leigh, CosmicCookie, OZA, countingstars
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#256355 1 year, 5 months ago
OZA wrote:
Thinking I made the right decision to forego the 25th (attempting to get a ticket outside the show) - really seemed like a nasty night.

Yea, most likely this was the show of the run to miss, obviously. But it was really important for me to be there. It was tough for everyone in that building and everyone got through it together and there's something really special about that. The music is the least important thing tonight, but the fact that the music was FIRE to close out the set just adds a cherry to it. I left satisfied musically. The Scarlet>Eyes was amazing too.

And you really gotta give it to Bobby for trying. It's why I love his singing so much; sure his voice just doesn't quite work sometimes when he tries to screech and he forgets words sometimes, but the dude just keeps on trying so hard and it's such a pleasure to see him work. And tonight, when he was clearly a zombie on stage, the one single part of Bobby that was still there was that stubborn Bobby that won't quit. He refused to sit until the floor forced him to. It was scary to watch and certainly I wouldn't push him to exert himself in that way, but that's what Bobby demands of himself and tonight he didn't give up until he physically couldn't play anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#256360 1 year, 5 months ago
Yes, from what I've heard Bobby is nothing if not stubborn.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds