• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Best Review of the Cap Run . . . . So Far?

#256396 1 year, 5 months ago
4/16 and 4/23 were my two favorites nights as far as musicianship and playing, they were some of my favorite furthur shows i've been too.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#256563 1 year, 5 months ago
4/24 or 4/20. I love how deep the 4/20 show reached into psychedelia, and it was perfectly suited to the day. 4/24 was just extremely strong playing throughout.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#256565 1 year, 5 months ago
OZA wrote:
4/24 or 4/20. I love how deep the 4/20 show reached into psychedelia, and it was perfectly suited to the day. 4/24 was just extremely strong playing throughout.

Yeah 4/24 was a very, very strong show. Someone said that show was on steroids. I could not agree more it was a very focused band playing with a lot of muscle. Bob flubbed a lyric or two but was 'on.' What a difference a day made with 4/25 being a train wreck.

Still I love the man!
OZA
Senior Boarder

#256610 1 year, 5 months ago
deadegad wrote:
OZA wrote:

Yeah 4/24 was a very, very strong show. Someone said that show was on steroids. I could not agree more it was a very focused band playing with a lot of muscle. Bob flubbed a lyric or two but was 'on.' What a difference a day made with 4/25 being a train wreck.

Still I love the man!

That someone was me (if you're talking about someone on the forums)
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#256729 1 year, 5 months ago
After some time to review I have to say that the second set of 4-21 seems to be the best stretch of music of the run IMO. The Sailor > Saint is good, not great but the foolish heart goes deep and there is a jam at the end that is really nice. The Mts. is excellant and the Terrapin Suite followed by China > Rider are really good. The highlight IMO is the Foolish Heart though.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#258011 1 year, 5 months ago
Stonedbeetle wrote:
Topic may be in the wrong spot but watcha all thinking so far? Lots of highlights worthy of putting any of these shows at the top of your list, but for me 4/16 stands out.

I'll say this, of all the shows I just had to have from Gnomes & Hobbits it was 4/16. I thought the first 8 shows were all good, but that one had to be on my iPhone for when I'm out wandering around.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds