• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Setlist Spring Ramble w/Phil at TXR April 13, 2013

#252560 1 year, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Might be going in and out tonight. Got lots of microbrews here and the wife and I just scored tickets to the first Philly show for the Stones. Number two goes on sale Monday.

That's great, I'm really happy that you're going to be able to catch some of the Stones' tour!
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#252561 1 year, 3 months ago
Howdy folks, was listening to the WSP stream, trying to get a feel for them (lame ass that I am ,not real familiar with 'em and trying to decide if I wanna spring big $$$ to stubhub for a show or 2 in June when they are doing sat & sun shows at our local 5,000 seat ampi; but even though I like their sound, it all kinda sounds the same), but here I am ponying up my $7 for Phil's Ramble.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#252562 1 year, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Might be going in and out tonight. Got lots of microbrews here and the wife and I just scored tickets to the first Philly show for the Stones. Number two goes on sale Monday.

That's great, I'm really happy that you're going to be able to catch some of the Stones' tour!

Thank you.

Feels like old times. Been seeing them in Philly since '75 and touring with them since '97.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#252563 1 year, 3 months ago
lightchaser wrote:
Howdy folks, was listening to the WSP stream, trying to get a feel for them (lame ass that I am ,not real familiar with 'em and trying to decide if I wanna spring big $$$ to stubhub for a show or 2 in June when they are doing sat & sun shows at our local 5,000 seat ampi; but even though I like their sound, it all kinda sounds the same), but here I am ponying up my $7 for Phil's Ramble.

That's my issue with WSP. I don't dislike them, and Jimmy and Dave are wonderful, but I find myself enjoying their covers more than the originals that they do, which all seem to blend together. They're just not a favorite, even though I try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#252565 1 year, 3 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Did anyone here actually hear an instrumental of Bob Dylan's Mozambique during the space jam to start set 2 yesterday?
I listened again today. and still did not hear it. I even listened to Bob sing it so I was sure of the melody. Any opinions?

I didn't hear it and I was listening very closely.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#252566 1 year, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
I wasn't at all excited about this line up when it was announced, but I was very wrong! These shows have been hot!! I'm going to have to listen to more of both Anders and Luther.

Totally agree.

I also agree. I thought 'bleah' at first. Now I wish I was seeing them live. First night was excellent, last night was amazing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#252568 1 year, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
lightchaser wrote:

That's my issue with WSP. I don't dislike them, and Jimmy and Dave are wonderful, but I find myself enjoying their covers more than the originals that they do, which all seem to blend together. They're just not a favorite, even though I try.

Sue, that's my sentiment exactly. They have exquisite taste in their covers but the originals just aren't very distinctive.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#252569 1 year, 3 months ago
thanks for driving the couch Bill !!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#252571 1 year, 3 months ago
Glad I checked the volume knob. It's just about show time!
Thank You Jerry
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#252572 1 year, 3 months ago
I'm here tonight because of the enthusiastic comments from last night, so thanks for that!
And what is the story on Anders Osborne?
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds