• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

Re: FurthurFlower's TXR Review! :)

#247138 1 year, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Nice to meet you again and get a chance to talk a little more Dougie! Too bad the security came to shut the party down Saturday

Anyone with reviews or pictures feel free to post them here!

It was nice to meet you again as well and hang out for a few minutes. I was going to come out to the parking lot after the show on Sunday, but I was really tired, and had an early flight the next day. I'm sure we'll cross paths again at TXR or Furthur.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#247139 1 year, 7 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I'd love to check out TXR. Wife might need some persuading, however.

So that's a drag that there are so many talkers and drinkers there. These shows are amazing opportunities. It's too bad people don't seem to realize it.

There's a song called, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." You probably won't have to do too much persuading. Start the subliminal messages soon, and perhaps your wife will be the one to suggest the trip. After all, once in San Francisco, you are just about there. San Rafael is a pleasant day trip - Sausalito, Stinson Beach, Mount Tam, San Rafael, and Terrapin Crossroads are calling. Good luck!
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#247140 1 year, 7 months ago
dougieisirie wrote:
I agree also that to put your stuff down in the line in front and then take off for the rest of the day, then come back right when they are opening is kind of sneaky.

This is a time-honored tradition of saving a place in line. I am one who usually lingers in line for the day, but many, many, many people use this technique. I've heard many disputes as well, but the integrity of the line usually allows this type of behavior. Generally the disputes come from people who are a little further back who view this behavior as cutting or letting friends in. Those of us that remain in line for most of the day usually help to maintain order. There is nothing sneaky about this. Sneaky are the people who constantly creep forward in the line to move up to an (often invisible) friend. That is sneaky!
Thank You Jerry
Chester
More or less in line

#247156 1 year, 7 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Equinox wrote:
I'd love to check out TXR. Wife might need some persuading, however.

So that's a drag that there are so many talkers and drinkers there. These shows are amazing opportunities. It's too bad people don't seem to realize it.

There's a song called, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." You probably won't have to do too much persuading. Start the subliminal messages soon, and perhaps your wife will be the one to suggest the trip. After all, once in San Francisco, you are just about there. San Rafael is a pleasant day trip - Sausalito, Stinson Beach, Mount Tam, San Rafael, and Terrapin Crossroads are calling. Good luck!

I have left my heart in San Francisco. It is an incredibly beautiful place. Time didn't allow for a lot of touring.
But, we did get up to Stinson beach. Drove around Mt Tam. Got up into Mill Valley, and that area.

It's on my list of favorite destinations. I'll be back.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#247159 1 year, 7 months ago
A few photo's;

Saturday brunch with Stu Allen and Pete Lavezzoli
IMG_2202-1.JPG

Sunday brunch with the family band;
IMG_2211-1.JPG

IMG_2223-1.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, nycdave, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#247171 1 year, 7 months ago
IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, nycdave, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
Chester
More or less in line

#247176 1 year, 7 months ago
IMG_2194-1.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, nycdave, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#247199 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks, guys, for all the advice about persuading Mrs. E. And I do agree with you that SF is one of the most gorgeous cities in this country.

My problem is that my wife has spent way too much time out west. She lived in Silver Lake for a while and more to the point she spent at least five years in a VW bus with a boyfriend who paid their way selling crafts in parking lots at GD shows. In a word she's a purist. Once Jerry died she definitely felt less of a connection to the music. Now she's seen plenty of Ratdog/Phil/Other Ones/Dead/Furthur shows and she's enjoyed them all. But to her, the idea of traveling coast to coast to see Phil play a bar is kind of incomprehensible.

Of course she's completely tolerant of me roaming around the east coast in search of that perfect jam. It's just that she doesn't want to be bothered. These days when we travel around the country it's mostly for baseball games. You can a learn a lot about a city by spending a few days in its local ballpark and we're trying to see all of them.

And there are some very significant ballparks on the west coast. At some point we have to do Giants Stadium and we're agreed that when we do that there's no point in flying all that way and just going home after a few days. So who knows?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, FurthurFlower67
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#247244 1 year, 7 months ago
Damn I love that shirt, tim.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: RowTimmy
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#247248 1 year, 7 months ago
Equinox wrote:
These days when we travel around the country it's mostly for baseball games. You can a learn a lot about a city by spending a few days in its local ballpark and we're trying to see all of them.

And there are some very significant ballparks on the west coast. At some point we have to do Giants Stadium and we're agreed that when we do that there's no point in flying all that way and just going home after a few days. So who knows?

To heck with California, it looks like the Rockies have a couple of good home games right around the third weekend in September.

colorado.rockies.mlb.com/schedule/index....amp;calendar=DEFAULT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, Sustainabill
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds