• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil Lesh Birthday Celebration @TXR March 15, 2013

#246115 1 year, 4 months ago
I absolutely heard that Slipknot!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#246119 1 year, 4 months ago
slipknot! tease, they didn't do the full slipknot!. it was tasteful. i remember about 16 measures before jackie did it i noticed a more jazzy feel and was thinking about the blues for allah album.

i thought the show was good. jackie was kind of like a rollercoaster.

i missed john all night
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#246120 1 year, 4 months ago

That second set was one some of the best music I've seen live! I love a good mind fuck!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, Sustainabill
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#246124 1 year, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
slipknot! tease, they didn't do the full slipknot!. it was tasteful. i remember about 16 measures before jackie did it i noticed a more jazzy feel and was thinking about the blues for allah album.

i missed john all night

You hit it on the head as usual(considering you are also a musician it tends to be unfair vs the normal ear....

Anyways, after Jackie rocked the first set like a mad man, he hit the hooch a bit much during set break, and came out in set 2 fully over cooked if u know what I mean. Seen it before - but it is what it is. Have Jeff some serious room which was a nice treat and Weir continues to solo! (Love it)

One and done this run.... Took some ok pics considering they don't allow nice lenses in Phil's room
Posted on FB and will try to post here also.

Peace- it was a great birthday with Phil. Jill was on stage with bells for box.(next to Jeff)
No cake though, guess that was backstage (outside) band only this year. Maybe that's why the tickets were not as much money(lol ) can't have cake and eat it too.....
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#246138 1 year, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:

i missed john all night

Your opinion has been recognized: however, Horton reminds me that a Slipknot!'s a Slipknot!, no matter how small. And you have even previously said, "It's all Slipknot!" It's doubtful that this will be overruled, but I'll send your opinion to the Omissions and Oversights Committee for further clarification.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#246139 1 year, 4 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I absolutely heard that Slipknot!

Hello, Committee Chairman, your opinion has been recognized, but requires further clarification. Thanks

wlewis wrote:

i missed john all night

Your opinion has been recognized: however, Horton reminds me that a Slipknot!'s a Slipknot!, no matter how small. And you have even previously said, "It's all Slipknot!" It's doubtful that this will be overruled, but I'll send your opinion to the Omissions and Oversights Committee for further clarification.
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Sustainabill.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#246140 1 year, 4 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:

i missed john all night

slipknot! is a very distinct segment. they did not touch the latter half of it last night. all they did was the main riff. there was no backend. there is more to slipknot than that riff. once they play the backend, the ensuing jam is part of the slipknot!

playing one line of a "song" does not constitute it being played. he danced around it like they danced around the other one.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#246143 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks to R.Cooper Photography for the photos

Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#246144 1 year, 4 months ago
that's a great picture, very nice
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#246145 1 year, 4 months ago
Thank You Jerry
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds