• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

Re: 03/11/11 Best Buy, NYC

#414 3 years, 7 months ago
Entry wise, from my perspective,. it was way smoother. True to their word (on their FB page) Besy Buy opened the doors earlier, about 635-640, and moved people in smoothly. A much more normal security sweep of the metal detecting wand and moving people through smoothly.

Well done!
pauly
Fresh Boarder

#459 3 years, 7 months ago
Fun show!

First set was mellow. I thoroughly enjoyed Greatest Story, and I Want You. I went for a bathroom break during Loser and wasn't paying attention. When I turned the corner to get into the bathroom, I slid about 4 feet on some fresh vomit and almost biffed it. Thankfully I didn't fall because that would have obviously ruined my night. It would have been really hard to hang out for the next 3 hours covered in someone else's top ramen and beer dinner. Anyway, I left the bathroom in a totally different head space. Thankfully fortunate and in a gleeful mood, I heard the beginning of Jack Straw and was ready for Phil bombs. They rocked that song, as always!!

Second set was spacey cool. The box opener was a nice change. My fave was the Estimated, really, really smooth.... Made me think of my Cali peeps. Everything else was fun and enjoyed. I'm ready for a rocker tonight. Will see...

Security was fine, they wanded me and that was that. See ya'll tonight!!!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by pauly.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#499 3 years, 7 months ago
That's a damn good setlist played by a damn good band!
ChakraDoc
Fresh Boarder
If you Feel...you Heal!

#817 3 years, 7 months ago
Amazing show and a great Vibe! I want you (She's so Heavy) was awesome.. Phil took the song to a whole new level of intensity. His Bass was roaring all night!!! Soo close sooo great

I am in awe of Bobby. Eevery night he leaves it on the stage...totallt gives his voice, his soul and his talent for the moment. For 39 years, I have watched him grow...he is not perfect..as soo many love to point out....watch Phil, watch Bobby....enough said..

Second Set Dark Star....The Eleven.....OMG amazing!!

I hope this forum will be positive, loving and community oriented vs our Ego's!

I can't wait for Radio City!!!!!!!

Thank you Furthur...NYC loves you!!!!
Once in a while you get shown the Light...I see the Light... We ARE the Light!
mathias
Fresh Boarder

#2350 3 years, 7 months ago
wow dark star into birdsong? has it ever been done?
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#2400 3 years, 7 months ago
I was so bummed that I missed Dupree's. I haven't heard it live forever. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough at some later (or sooner) date.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#2417 3 years, 7 months ago
the whole run was special
Iknow I'm ready to DL all 5 nights !!
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#2986 3 years, 7 months ago
I finally listened to it. OMG, especially for the Dupree's ~ yowzaaaaa!!!! : )
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7868 3 years, 7 months ago
Wow I didn't think they had metal detectors at the Best Buy, glad I didn't get wanded since I had my metal bullet with my stash wrapped up in my underwear (yea its uncomfortable but I'm tired of worrying about it and having close calls) then I got a wood piece for radio city (nasty) cause I knew they had the wands there and for some reason I wasn't even thinking of a nice glass chillum instead of the wood......

Great show like everybody said but I'm wondering if anybody seen the kid that was freaking out on acid I think (my brother said they were mentioning doing acid). It was on the floor by Phil's side and towards the back and I think it was right around Dark Star.....first the kid basically dropped to the floor and then stood up and looked alright for a few secs before falling and having that look like you can't hold yourself up n stuff. Someone yelled to his friends "thats your boy, pick him up!" and they fought to do that and made there way out into the lobby......I didn't see any of them return either, I imagine security noticed immediatly.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds