• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Connor
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur 12-29-12 SETLIST Thread

#223871 1 year, 7 months ago
Island Head wrote:

That's from last year's run.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#223874 1 year, 7 months ago
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#224208 1 year, 6 months ago

craze
Junior Boarder

#224228 1 year, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Equinox wrote:
My two cents: Strong first set. The second set started off a little tentatively but it turned into a monster.

I also think that the jam in Cassidy and that Other One actually charted some new spaces for Furthur. Nice to see the band is still evolving.

That Cassidy jam was definitely the high point for me!

Definitely something special about it.

I'm gonna call it the best I've seen.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#224962 1 year, 6 months ago
Listening back, this Cassidy is INCREDIBLE! I see many of you have taken notice, but holy shit. It really sounded like the band knew exactly where they were taking the jam and how they were taking it there.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#225070 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
Listening back, this Cassidy is INCREDIBLE! I see many of you have taken notice, but holy shit. It really sounded like the band knew exactly where they were taking the jam and how they were taking it there.

they did know exactly what they were doing it. that jam is composed. the grateful dead started doing it in the late 80's, it slowly gained layers. all those changes are "part of the jam". makes for a much better cassidy in my opinion, and this one was nice for sure, do not want to take anything away from that!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
OZA
Senior Boarder

#225117 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
OZA wrote:

they did know exactly what they were doing it. that jam is composed. the grateful dead started doing it in the late 80's, it slowly gained layers. all those changes are "part of the jam". makes for a much better cassidy in my opinion, and this one was nice for sure, do not want to take anything away from that!

So technically speaking it wasn't really a jam at all?
Both ways, very well played and indeed very well written.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#225126 1 year, 6 months ago
it would depend 100% on what your definition of a "jam" is. but yeah, that is a composed segment. sure what is played while they are in F#, E or eventually G# is different from version to version, the concept of dissolving that "done with mine" lyric into an E minor sort of exploration where it then jumps to F# for a few measures, back to E, and eventually the final resolve on G# which is the exact platform into the final "flight of the seabirds...". you can alternate E>F# as much or as little as you'd like, it sounds really cool.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#225158 1 year, 6 months ago
This one is up on LMA now.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
OZA
Senior Boarder

#225198 1 year, 6 months ago
Shit I just paid 50 bucks for all 3 nights. I'm so impatient. Are they AUD recordings?
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by OZA.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#225209 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
Shit I just paid 50 bucks for all 3 nights. I'm so impatient. Are they AUD recordings?
I just read that all these 2012 NYE SBDs were distributed in mono. I hope folks do some checking and then G&H gets an ear full if it is true. This isn't rocket science. Mistakes like this should NOT happen. Make a simple checklist and follow it for every recording you sell. I'm not talking about studio work here. I'm talking novice technical processes that should never slip through a professional's fingers.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#225253 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="OZA" post=225198]Shit I just paid 50 bucks for all 3 nights. I'm so impatient. Are they AUD recordings?[/quote

Do you have dropbox? I would love to get a copy of those from you, might have some others to trade, pm me
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 2.28 seconds