• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Bob Weir/Jackie Greene 12/13/12 Denver

#220849 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks for doing the setlist. I was listening off and on. It was cutting out on me. Great song selection though.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#220852 1 year, 4 months ago
Man, Jackie was great and Bob was on! I really enjoy acoustic shows. I think Bob is on top of his game with the acoustic. I really felt like this was a rare treat. Onward and FURTHUR!!!!! ((((San Fran))))
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, MushroomMan
perry
Senior Boarder

#220854 1 year, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
The Paramount · Denver, Colorado
doors 7pm - show 8pm MT

Jackie Greene solo
?Nobody's Fault But Mine?
Come on in My Kitchen
That's the Reason
Tell Me Mama

Bob Weir solo
The Music Never Stopped
Maggie's Farm
Bombs Away
El Paso
The Winners
Peggy-O
Loose Lucy>
Corrina>
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Not Fade Away

Bob Weir and Jackie Greene
All Along the Watchtower
West L.A. Fadeaway
Bird Song
Most of the Time
Standing On Shaky Ground>
Not Fade Away

-Shaky Ground teasing in the NFA during Bob's solo set
-no encore

couch-tour.com/love-seat/
denver.jpg

denver_2012-12-13.jpg

Jackie opened with gone wandering and played so many roads too. I think to close the set. He at one point asked us to have Bobby tell us a joke, didn't happen.

Fun show, sweet seats. Bob gaffed the first couple tunes, but was definitely having fun. I thought he was going to start the third tune by saying " here's one I know".... Bombs away got the show kicked into gear, and his voice sounded real good, ESP. On El Paso.

No break between Jackie and Bob sets, had to use Corinna as a pee break. hard Rain was the highlight of the night for me, but then again, I got lit during my pee break.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, MushroomMan
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#220856 1 year, 4 months ago
Perry - what a show ehh? Where did you sit? Too bad we didn;t run into each other. Been a long time since Ive been in the paramount, good times man!!

Forgot to mention how much Peggy O hit the spot, my favorite song of the night. Bob really hit that one it was special I thought!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Denver Man.
perry
Senior Boarder

#220858 1 year, 4 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Perry - what a show ehh? Where did you sit? Too bad we didn;t run into each other. Been a long time since Ive been in the paramount, good times man!!

3rd row just left of bobby. Good ol' GDTS. We prob did run into each other, took a bunch of pictures, hope a couple are worth posting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#220882 1 year, 4 months ago
i want to know how the el paso went
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#220885 1 year, 4 months ago
I know! I was worried about El Paso too but he nailed it, he stood up and everything! Of course he botched other lyrics but not El Paso.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#220886 1 year, 4 months ago
Actually now I cant remember if he stood for el paso...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#220901 1 year, 4 months ago
Darn, I completely forgot about this! Glad you guys caught a good one!
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

#220911 1 year, 4 months ago
Yes, Bobby stood for El Paso. In my humble opinion, that's when things really got going. He nailed the entire piece, hitting some highs that he missed in Bombs Away. Still loved to hear Bombs-love heaven help the fool album.

All in all, a truly grate nite and so happy to be a part of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#220919 1 year, 4 months ago
he slows El Paso down quite a bit but judging by the stream it sounded good... he nailed it in Pittsfield to, was about the same pace.
perry
Senior Boarder

#221048 1 year, 4 months ago
Adding to my review....

share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welc...p;sid=0CbN2LNu0YtXJw

Pictures at the above link; only a couple are keepers and where I was sitting, Bob’s mic was in the way.

Fun show, sweet seats thanks to GDTS. Jackie asked us to have Bobby tell us a joke, didn't happen. He also said it is a lot of fun to tour with Bob. Played every instrument he brought in his set. Took a hit from an oxygen tank half way through his set because “We are so high.” This guy really brings it. No break between Jackie and Bobby.

Bob gaffed the first couple tunes, looking to the heavens for inspiration about the next verse or redoing a lick till it was nailed. He was definitely having fun. I thought he was going to start the third tune by saying “Here's one I know".... Bombs Away got the show kicked into gear, and his voice sounded real good, especially on El Paso. Nailing the highs. I was impressed. Bob really does have good guitar skills ta boot.

Before the Winners he talked about how some of the lyrics came from Rudyard Kipling, and that we should check out his stuff because “He is way cool.”

Had to use Corinna as a pee break. Hard Rain was the highlight of the night for me, but then again, I got lit during my pee break.

Real short set break and the hallway was jammed. Bet half the folks missed most of the second set in the bathroom or bar lines.

Don’t know what kind of guitar Bob busted out for the last part of the set but it was loud and funky. Sound down low was perfect. Kind of a pain being near the aisle as the ushers are hyper vigilant about all the people coming down to take pictures etc. Kept coming over and complaining that the guy next to me was filming. Hey, can you tell him to stop? Last show I went to here (Winwood) they told the yakers to STFU, which I was totally cool with.

Show started couple minutes early, one short break, and 11 pm cutoff, so about 2:40 worth of tunes. Crowd demanding more and doing the NFA chant even with the lights up. Roadies came out to break down the gear and that ended it.Great show over all and I’d go again if they were playing tonight!
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by perry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, MushroomMan
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds