• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
danh1027
Junior Boarder

DSO 12/5 The Egg, Albany (with Chimenti)

#218968 1 year, 10 months ago
China cat
Rider
Minglewood
Tennessee Jed
Mexicali
Jack a roe
Loser
Brother Esau
Birdsong
Victim
Birdsong

Speedway
Man smart
Crazy fingers
Sailor
Saint
Drums
Space
Foolish heart
Comes a time
Need a miracle
Casey jones

Quinn

interesting set, BS>Victim>BS?!

i'll be at The Dome tomorrow, anybody else going? This Chimenti shows should be great.
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

Re: DSO 12/5 The Egg, Albany (with Chimenti)

#219007 1 year, 10 months ago
I went to this show.
Very cool venue. Didn't get searched. Very friendly yet present staff.

The show was hot. They didn't do their usual of recreating a GD show. They did their own setlist,nothing scripted. Just played and had a whole lot of fun. Chimenti was amazing as well as the rest of the band. It was really nice just to see them play as a band. Drums and space were awsome which is not usually a fav part of the show for me. The crowd was dancing ready and how could you not be with a china-rider opener. If you can, they are well worth the 30$ per ticket to see.

Have fun.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#219022 1 year, 10 months ago
sorry I did not make it but we are doing the 2 shows for NYE could not afford san fran man !!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#219023 1 year, 10 months ago
wow that IS really different they always play a direct form show in the archives .. cool!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#219049 1 year, 10 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
wow that IS really different they always play a direct form show in the archives .. cool!!!

FYI. What i think he meant was specifically the Bird>Victim>Bird song and possibly the mix of late era and early music. DSO often plays shows that are not direct setlists from the dead archives and will choose to play setlists of their own creation on a regular basis.
wryan6847
Senior Boarder

#219066 1 year, 10 months ago
Hitting up the show at Lowell Auditorium sat. night. Can't wait to see Jeff with DSO.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#219114 1 year, 10 months ago
Wish I could have made this one but poor timing. Did you notice any tapers set up?
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#219243 1 year, 10 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
Wish I could have made this one but poor timing. Did you notice any tapers set up?

Did not see any tapers. Its a pretty small venue and due to the shape ( egg) a tapers mike would have interfered with someones view unless they were in the very top row. In that case I did not notice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#219245 1 year, 10 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
alilfurther wrote:

FYI. What i think he meant was specifically the Bird>Victim>Bird song and possibly the mix of late era and early music. DSO often plays shows that are not direct setlists from the dead archives and will choose to play setlists of their own creation on a regular basis.

At the end of the show when Rob usually announces what show they recreated, he stated that this was their own setlist that they just made up on the fly to break in playing with Jeff. I do not know however if they will do it again for all the shows with Jeff or if they will try to recreate a show with Jeff. I did see them in Syracuse about 2 weeks ago and there were times when Jeff Matteson on guitar was reading sheet music when "recreating" solos. This was not the case at the egg where it was deffinately a free form jam and I have to say that Jeff Matteson is just a monster on guitar.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#219324 1 year, 10 months ago
DancinBear wrote:
DigiGal wrote:

Did not see any tapers. Its a pretty small venue and due to the shape ( egg) a tapers mike would have interfered with someones view unless they were in the very top row. In that case I did not notice.

I didn't go to this particular show but I see a lot of shows in the 'Egg'. The larger of the two theaters there, which is where DSO played, holds just under 1000 people. There is essentially no security there at any show (they never search you, etc) and the typical crowd at events is fantastic (no talkers, very attentive, etc). t's a great venue. there is a smaller theater that holds 450.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds