• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: SET LIST: Phil & Friends 11/16/2012

#214561 1 year, 11 months ago
Looks like a great set list. The wife and I went to see John Prine tonight, who was really masterful. I'll have to check out a replay. Let the Good Times Roll? Early Morning Rain? Can't beat that!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#214564 1 year, 11 months ago
Thank you taperrob!
Thank you Sue!

Between live stream and replay, caught whole show. Looks good on paper, sounds even better! Like Adam's playing, but the cheesy synth sound, well... Like to see the tone move towards a fat Fender-Rhoades sound. Never heard much J. Greene till this run, but really digging him. He's about 18% Lowell George (maybe not in sound, but in feeling) so it works for me. All the P&F lineups have worked for me.

But most of all:

Thank you Phil Lesh!
The guy is 70ish and playing with the fire he had in his 30's. He ain't no old fart just going through the motions.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by lightchaser.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#214568 1 year, 11 months ago
I did not expect it at all but I actually called the Let the Good Times Roll...

right before the show someone says to me "name 1 song you'd like to hear tonight" and of course I was stumped with such a simple question cause I never care what they play exacly. So he goes "it dosn't have to be something you think their going to play" so I said I'd love to see a LTGTR bust out.... then what do you know they come right out and open with it.

couldn't believe it
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#214572 1 year, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Very good question, we should all be there!

I just noticed a brand new crescent moon shining outside. Could it be a Terrapin night?!
Please nooooooo lol
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#214573 1 year, 11 months ago
no Terrapin yet, it's coming...
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#214574 1 year, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I did not expect it at all but I actually called the Let the Good Times Roll...

right before the show someone says to me "name 1 song you'd like to hear tonight" and of course I was stumped with such a simple question cause I never care what they play exacly. So he goes "it dosn't have to be something you think their going to play" so I said I'd love to see a LTGTR bust out.... then what do you know they come right out and open with it.

couldn't believe it
Happens that way!!!Strick called me from the floor between sets in wilkes barre and says changing my encore prediction to knockin on heavens door bout shit went it went down like that.Well ok it was more like man that lil fucker got it right and i was way off base.Lmao you know better aint no time to hate just time to share love!!!!!He was proud and i was proud for him.Gonna get built to last tom. heard it first!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#214581 1 year, 11 months ago
i_be_sublime wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Very good question, we should all be there!

I just noticed a brand new crescent moon shining outside. Could it be a Terrapin night?!
Please nooooooo lol

I said the same thing last night, crescent moon and I could live without a Terrapin tonight

too much other stuff out there
-- smell every flower --
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#214584 1 year, 11 months ago
Some of these shows have been fun and all but I can't wait for Furthur this new years!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#214687 1 year, 11 months ago
I loved this show! Start off with LTGTR and hell you got me! But I just gotta complain about my good morning little schoolgirl. It was maybe a dab less du-woppy then Furthur's version but I really thought that was bobby who wanted to do it like that. There is no other way the song should be sang or played other than any pigpen version.

Thank you for listening!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#214698 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks to Jay Blakesberg Photography for the photos!

Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds