• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

Re: SET LIST Furthur, Santa Barbara Bowl 10/7

#203046 2 years ago
what a great show last night! it was far from a perfect performance, but there were some truly superb jams and the energy at the show was wonderful. thank you for a real good time!!! can't wait 'til New Year's.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Blues_Power.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, amusingdeva
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203051 2 years ago
Thanks to wajiii's posterous for
Furthur's final bow of fall tour 2012. #sbbowl @setjeff

p.waj3.net/furthurs-final-bow-of-fall-tour-2012-sbbowl-s
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203057 2 years ago
Thanks to Amy Sheridan for the photos!

Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203058 2 years ago
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203059 2 years ago
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203060 2 years ago
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203061 2 years ago
Thank You Jerry
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#203075 2 years ago
Great pics!!!!

So, I was there last night and am wondering if anyone felt like it was bit too much of a police state with the security. Off all the venues that I have been too in the last few years (Greek, Cuthbert, Edgefield, Seattle(2), Vegas, MCU, Bethel, Broomfield, Bethel, PDX Memorial) the SB Bowl is the worst from a security standpoint.

From getting frisked when you walk in to, to having to wear an arm band no matter what, to only being able to walk certain directions to the worst of all, the security acting like they are cops running the show and you better listen on they will kick you out. Man, I really dont get it.

I am not here spewing hate. That's not my thing. I just humbly ask the Furthur management to in the future choose a different location or just not come back at all. Yes, its beautiful. But the its just in the wrong place (way too nice a 'hood) and has the wrong attitude. Play a 3rd show at the Greek or ??????? but please no more SB Bowl.

Finally just want to say Hey to the great folks from Chicago we met (Tommy and his lovely new bride) and really nice folks to the right of us. See ya down the road.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#203097 2 years ago
I had a great time at the SB Bowl show last night. I've been to about 6 or 7 other shows there. But I do agree the security at the gates is a little ridiculous. They made me take my stuff out my front pockets. Luckily the dumb asses didn't check my back pocket. Once we got in I didn't find the security to be overbearing, I was in the GA pit area and it was pretty much security free.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#203119 2 years ago
It was clear that the floor was a bit more mellow, but still I saw the security being so uptight there as well. A few times some folks from the pit wanted to sit on the stairs leading up to the Founders Section and booted them right away including a few dudes with canes. C'mon, how about we be human beings with others first before worrying about the rules.

Sorry but I will have to respectfully disagree that this is the a good venue for Furthur. Better for Peter Paul and mary and some crowd that doesnt drink, smoke or take psychedelics and just sits in their seat for the whole show.

Personally, I feel like the following lines from the song Dark Hollow that we heard last night sums it up for me:

Well I'm going away, I'm leaving today
I'm goin', but I ain't comin' back.

Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#203122 2 years ago
San Diego was weird that way too. They made you check your backpack in which I have never heard of such a ridiculous thing in all my concert going days. Then of course after the show there's a line around the building to retrieve your backpack. Stupid.

Another favorite security thing of mine is when they dump out everything in your back pack and go through everything with a fine tooth comb but then don't even frisk your pockets. WTF is that? Are you providing security or not? I hate inconsistency like that it, it doesn't make sense and it shows me that they don't know what they are doing which is a dangerous thing.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#203140 2 years ago
the place is a nightmare with police outside and security inside.

great sound on the floor.

i thought the show was lackluster for a tour closer but coming off a four day run what do you expect. it certainly had moments but some were just awful cough king solomans cough.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff, bambamcdn
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds