• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List Furthur: Greek Theatre (LA) Oct 6, 2012

#202454 2 years ago

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, lightchaser
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#202455 2 years ago
@KarenRose It was on very briefly with chop and then stopped altogether while I was hanging, which was up to The Other One.

Leftover Salmon stream rescued my night. That band kicks ass. Played Whipping Post and Midnight Moonlight. and bunch of other stuff I don't know but it smokes. Much more than a bluegrass band that's for sure.

Would I have rather heard Furthur. For sure, but couch-beggars can't be choosey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#202460 2 years ago
AMAZING SHOW!!!!!! I was alone for the first time, but I met some great folks. People around me were respectful, and the guy next to me was a blast to chat with! Almost reminded me of having my dad with me. So sorry u all didn't get a full stream! I'm sending the CDs to my dad- I know he would have really liked this one!

I'd been hoping to hear "Let it Ride" since they played it in July, so that was a nice treat. The "Wheel" went to UJB territory several times and I liked the teasing. It was like great foreplay. "Dancin" was HOT with JK tryin to do the whole 70s breakdown twice, but no one jumped on board. I love that they are playing it like that again.

My personal favorite parts of the show came in the 2nd set. "Sailor Saint" resonated with me, and the way they killed "Saint" had the entire place on their feet for Bobby afterwards. "Unbroken," AMAZING. More great foreplay. Actually the entire show was building up to the orgasmic "Comes a Time." GOD I LOVED HEARING THAT!!!!! "Let it Grow" was eh, but JK saved my interest and wowowowowowowow!!!!!!! My 1st CAT and boy was it SWEET. I just closed my eyes and swayed and drifted away.

The scenery around the venue is AMAZING. I loved seeing the rainbow of colors splashing the trees behind me. I looked back at it several times. The sky was clear and I saw stars. Ugh and the mountains. Wow. Everything was just exactly perfect!!!!!!!! I was so thankful to be there, even if I had seen 90% of the songs before. Lol

HSF was sick, as usual. Box encore reminded me of my dad (that and Unbroken are his favorite Phil songs). Completely perfect show, even if LIG lost my interest.

As for the Greek, this venue has to be my new #2 favorite behind Alpine. The staff was so kind, the sights were unbelievable, and the traffic in and out was smooth. Only problem I had was no cell service. Oh well. Lol can't win em all.

Have a great time in SB, whoever is going. I will be finishing my tour of Hollywood also nice to meet TIM and the other guy whose name escapes me (something rider on here???). Sorry I'm not the best with names. Great set break convo. Thanks guys!

Guy next to me said he believes NYE will be the last of Furthur. I disagree, but if this was my last show, it was a beautiful culmination
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Connor, Sustainabill, SunshineSue
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#202466 2 years ago
[quote="patchmyfurthur" post=202460]AMAZING SHOW!!!!!! I was alone for the first time, but I met some great folks. People around me were respectful, and the guy next to me was a blast to chat with! Almost reminded me of having my dad with me. So sorry u all didn't get a full stream! I'm sending the CDs to my dad- I know he would have really liked this one!

I'd been hoping to hear "Let it Ride" since they played it in July, so that was a nice treat. The "Wheel" went to UJB territory several times and I liked the teasing. It was like great foreplay. "Dancin" was HOT with JK tryin to do the whole 70s breakdown twice, but no one jumped on board. I love that they are playing it like that again.

My personal favorite parts of the show came in the 2nd set. "Sailor Saint" resonated with me, and the way they killed "Saint" had the entire place on their feet for Bobby afterwards. "Unbroken," AMAZING. More great foreplay. Actually the entire show was building up to the orgasmic "Comes a Time." GOD I LOVED HEARING THAT!!!!! "Let it Grow" was eh, but JK saved my interest and wowowowowowowow!!!!!!! My 1st CAT and boy was it SWEET. I just closed my eyes and swayed and drifted away.

The scenery around the venue is AMAZING. I loved seeing the rainbow of colors splashing the trees behind me. I looked back at it several times. The sky was clear and I saw stars. Ugh and the mountains. Wow. Everything was just exactly perfect!!!!!!!! I was so thankful to be there, even if I had seen 90% of the songs before. Lol

HSF was sick, as usual. Box encore reminded me of my dad (that and Unbroken are his favorite Phil songs). Completely perfect show, even if LIG lost my interest.

As for the Greek, this venue has to be my new #2 favorite behind Alpine. The staff was so kind, the sights were unbelievable, and the traffic in and out was smooth. Only problem I had was no cell service. Oh well. Lol can't win em all.

Have a great time in SB, whoever is going. I will be finishing my tour of Hollywood also nice to meet TIM and the other guy whose name escapes me (something rider on here???). Sorry I'm not the best with names. Great set break convo. Thanks guys!

Guy next to me said he believes NYE will be the last of Furthur. I disagree, but if this was my last show, it was a beautiful culmination [/quote

So nice to finally meet you and glad you enjoyed the show. These Greek shows were really fun. You also met Roadtripper at set break. Wish I could have gotten you in a flag photo now you have a reason to do NYE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#202519 2 years ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#202547 2 years ago
Thanks to wajiii for
Furthur takes a bow in LA, night 2/2. Extra antics by @setjeff and Phil.

getfile9.posterous.com/getfile/files.pos...u3AI5KB/IMG_4935.mov
Thank You Jerry
Chester
More or less in line

#202970 2 years ago
This show is up on the archive's archive.org/details/Furthur2012-10-06
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203054 2 years ago
(((((((((((((((Listen/ Download: archive.org/details/Furthur2012-10-06)))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((Listen/ Download: archive.org/details/furthur2012-10-06.gr...osangeles_mk4_flac24)))))))))))))))

Thanks to Ebb Eskew for
Furthur- The Greek Theatre-L.A. 10/6/12

Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Sustainabill.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#203055 2 years ago
Thanks to Ebb Eskew for
Furthur- The Greek Theatre-L.A. 10/6/12

Thank You Jerry
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#203072 2 years ago
Just getting to listen to this on archive. Oh man!!! Golden-Music-Dancin to start!!!!

So bummed I had to miss this one to come home for a family picture.

I would have rather had been at the Greek, getting a picture with my family of choice - the FFF!!!

Oh well, still grateful for every show I get!
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, iamthedoor
koachpeter
Fresh Boarder
Get Fired Up !

#203906 2 years ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, funky420
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds