• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

DREAM Review :) OMG...so awesome

#201227 1 year, 9 months ago
I just woke up from THE most exciting dream ever!!!

So, I was in L.A. and it was tonight (but we were not in L.A., we were elsewhere in Cali and it was like a small intimate venue) with Furthur. I was like first or 2nd row with my dad. Actually, it was LAST night, but I was at tonight's show. Weird. It was like they were in Vegas playing, but I was in Cali with them as well.

ANYWAY.

They played 2 songs and then Sunshine (who was very Donna Jean/Janis-esque, not Sunshine, but you know how dreams go), asked me (and apparently I had a friend there too) if we could buy her a lei (because everyone in the theatre was wearing lei's). I was beyond freakin out, because Bobby said something to me too, which I forget now...but I was like um YES I will buy u a lei!!

So the band literally stops mid-song, gets off this stage (I swear it was like being in a high school theatre or something smaller), and walk through the crowd. I jump out of my seat and follow them, and two doors down is CVS. Sunshine and the band went into another store, but I went into CVS with my friend and got a lei. She was doing something, so I went outside and Sunshine was out there and she asked if I got the lei and I told her I only got one for me because I thought she and the band were getting them. No worries, I ended up buying her one too.

We walked back into the theatre and the band had these oversized outfits on, I forget what they were, but it was crazy. I think maybe this is when Bobby said something to me and asked if we were ready, and I gave a thumbs up, and into PROMISED LAND they go! I freaked, because I really want to hear them do this tomorrow night (and then I remember, well I'm still technically at Friday's show so I am getting my Promised Land either way!).......and it was Bob and JK trading the verses (Bob: left my home in Norfolk VA, Cali on my mind; JK: straddled that Greyhound...etc.) and around the second part of the first verse, they ripped off whatever they were wearing and had some other kinda shirt on underneath and the crowd went wild. It was a white tee with something written on it.

WOW Crazy! I remember thinking I want to call my dad when I get off the plane and say "This is the promised land calling, and the po' boy's on the line". lol

CRAZY! Love it. And it's not even 8am...shit haha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connor, Blues_Power
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

Re: DREAM Review :) OMG...so awesome

#201264 1 year, 9 months ago
nice dream Patch. i think you need to go out and purchase two leis and bring them to the next show you will be attending. yuo never know what might happen.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#201320 1 year, 9 months ago
rad dream. Did you just quit smoking weed or something?
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#201340 1 year, 9 months ago
wngfan wrote:
rad dream. Did you just quit smoking weed or something?

We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#201406 1 year, 9 months ago
You call that a great dream? My great dream usually involves 3 hooters girls, a hot tub, and a huge pile of Casey Jones.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#202999 1 year, 9 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
You call that a great dream? My great dream usually involves 3 hooters girls, a hot tub, and a huge pile of Casey Jones.

When you say a 'huge pile of Casey Jones' I assume you mean playinga cd with a compendium of all your favorite versions of said song?
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds