• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
zenhead
Fresh Boarder

Furthur and Mr Charlie

#200483 1 year, 9 months ago
Have seen a few "requests" for this on the board recently, and mentions of it in older posts.

I was listening to my Europe 72 disks on the way home from work yesterday and heard it. So, I checked through the Internet Archive of taped Further shows. I don't see any indication that they have played Mr Charlie at all.

Just curious if anyone has ever heard Furthur play Mr Charlie? If they don't perform it, any guesses as to why? Maybe it's a simple as they just don't or maybe I am missing something...
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur and Mr Charlie

#200499 1 year, 9 months ago
they haven't played it because they are busting it out on Saturday night.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#200510 1 year, 9 months ago
They are making us wait for it! And when they do decided to break it out PLEASE LET JOHN SING! He is great with the Pigpen tunes!

I think Phil and Friends played it sometime this year at Terrapin Crossroads.....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#200534 1 year, 9 months ago
Prior to the dead show in 09 in Wilkes Barre --preshow the wife says their gonna play Mr Charlie tonight. I said no way. So of course BANG show opener. She has an uncanny ability to do that. Its not Furthur but at least Phil & Bob haven't totally forgotten about this great song.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
zenhead
Fresh Boarder

#200566 1 year, 9 months ago
I figured if they had played it I would have been able to find it somewhere. That would be rockin' awesome if they do drop it especially for the opener (wow). I'm goin' with you on not happening, but if you wife is right that's a legendary prediction.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by zenhead.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds