• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
jbili
Junior Boarder

Did they get the downloads right yet

#199708 2 years ago
Did Gnomes and Hobbits ever get the downloads better or are the flac downloads still poor quality
Last Edit: 2 years ago by jbili.
Connor
Junior Boarder

Re: Did they get the downloads right yet

#200075 2 years ago
In my opinion the quality from this tour is much better than that of the Summer tour. I wouldn't say the quality is perfect, but from listening to the shows I have, the quality is better than it has been in the past.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbili
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#200079 2 years ago
Good luck trying to get the correct disc when you buy the show tho! I bought Saturday night at RR. And all the disc were labeled correctly expect disc three has the same songs as disc two.

I emailed them and they said they would get a replacement copy to me right away....

Got the replacement copy on Monday opened it up and i had 1 disc One and 2 disc two. STILL NO DISC THREE!

Over 20 plus Furthur shows and I bought them all minus a few. Hundreds of dollars I have given them. I'm done.

TAPERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
jbili
Junior Boarder

#200363 2 years ago
Connor wrote:
In my opinion the quality from this tour is much better than that of the Summer tour. I wouldn't say the quality is perfect, but from listening to the shows I have, the quality is better than it has been in the past.

Thanks I got the MSG and AC downloads from 2011. They were alright but the ones after that were pretty poor quality.
I don't mind paying for a good quality download like the ratdog shows from RatDoglive
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#203474 2 years ago
I've listened to a few now, and they're still a mess. Phil doesn't have a precise, rich, deep feel like he should. The drums are buried in the mix and muddy. Chimenti is somewhere in there, but you have to really concentrate to pull him out of the mix. I'm wondering if everything is too compressed and that is why things sound cloudy and without definition. Imaging is non-existent. I don't expect a lot of imaging on-the-fly like they do it, but everything sounds like it is stumbling over everything else, like a block of sound. Overall, they just sound dull, which is another reason I think someone has gone overboard with the compression. 2012-09-25 is what I'm playing as I type this, and I consider it a disappointment. But I've thought similar with everything I've heard for a while now. It could be worse, but it's still a big bummer.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#203491 2 years ago
I totally agree about the sound quality. I've downloaded numerous furthur shows going back to 2010. It's hit and miss. Some are better than others. I downloaded the new years show from last year at the Bill Graham and it was terrible. John's voice was all muddied I once complained in a nice way on their facebook page, and got some nasty remarks. But I must say I downloaded the latest Greek Theatre show from 10.5 which I had the great pleasure of attending, and it sounds real clear. I did download the apple lossless format.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#203569 2 years ago
I used to buy every one but I stopped on this past spring tour cause I didn't think the quality was worth it -- plus the mp3s are on archive a few months later..... or at least supposed to be..... been waiting for a while now and they don't seem to be popping up...... still waiting to relisten to A LOT of Furthur shows I've attended
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
jbili
Junior Boarder

#204908 2 years ago
Thanks, due to medical and other reasons I had to miss the last few tours and would love to download a good show.
Is there any other shows besides 10/5 that sound good ?
Don't know why they keep compressing these shows so much, for $16 you figure they might get it right
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#204911 2 years ago
10/7 sounds really good also. I was even surprised.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
Last Edit: 2 years ago by dougieisirie.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#206427 2 years ago
2012-10-06 recording is flat and dynamicless. If you have nothing to compare, it might sound okay, but if you've ever heard a sharp recording, this thing is as dull as a kitchen knife worked on a granite counter top. Phil is loud in the mix, but that makes his muddy sound feel even worse. It's really too bad so many recordings sound similar to this one.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds