• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: REVIEW: seattle

#198429 2 years ago
Lewis, I don't care if you want to review a stream of
your niece's kindergarten recital. You've proven
yourself knowledgeable of this music both as a musician
and a scholar. You've also stated you never got to see
Jerry perform live, yet you've made up for that by listening, a bunch.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#198436 2 years ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

Oh, too bad, man. Sorry that you never got to see Jerry perform live. When I read that, I was saddened by your void, but also recognizing how extremely grateful that I am for having been to many Jerry shows and Grateful Dead shows in addition to having the opportunity to say hello to Jerry. I said hello, but I could feel the awe in my voice.

Jerry helped to lay the foundation for music that has been embraced by so many of us for so long. Jerry lives in the spirit of many. I am grateful that Jerry's spirit is still disseminating and the thirst for joy through music is quenched by bands like Furthur.
Thank You Jerry
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#198469 2 years ago
Sustainabill wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

Oh, too bad, man. Sorry that you never got to see Jerry perform live. When I read that, I was saddened by your void, but also recognizing how extremely grateful that I am for having been to many Jerry shows and Grateful Dead shows in addition to having the opportunity to say hello to Jerry. I said hello, but I could feel the awe in my voice.

Jerry helped to lay the foundation for music that has been embraced by so many of us for so long. Jerry lives in the spirit of many. I am grateful that Jerry's spirit is still disseminating and the thirst for joy through music is quenched by bands like Furthur.

I was defending Lewis's right to review a stream, and pointing out he'd never got to see Jerry, as he himself has stated. I got to see a lot of Jerry. It certainly helps to have been there in the moment to take away a certain appreciation for an event, as opposed to reading about/hearing it on tape, etc. In the case of Lewis, despite his loss, he seems to have absorbed a real appreciation for the music as a listener, and it helps if you've ever tried to PLAY said music, as he apparently has.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#199131 2 years ago
my .02,
sometimes at a show it is easy to get caught up in all the other stuff going on around you that you can't pay attention to every note like you can if you're listening in a quiet room with nothing but the music, easier to focus on what the band is actually playing without visual stimulation, just auditory perception to guide you
-- smell every flower --
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#199187 2 years ago
Unless youre deaf, refuse to listen to the show yourself or know the reviewer personally what is the point of reading a review?
And if you do read the review what's the point of responding negatively if its just a matter of opinion? Thousands of people probably could write a nearly identical review but don't. If someone does then I guess that's their business and all the power to them.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds