• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: REVIEW: red rocks, all 3 nights

#196160 1 year, 6 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Whats up with no mention of JK quoting "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" twice during The Other One?

I wasn't there. Someone else pointed this out to me, so I can't say I picked it up on my own, either. Check out "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" melody from :08-:26 of The Other One on this recording. JK does it again 3 minutes later. I haven't noticed him doing this before, and it is one of my all-time favorite songs.
archive.org/details/Furthur2012-09-21.bsc2

That's fuckin crazy thanks for pointing it out
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#196161 1 year, 6 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
I agree with rhody regarding the dew>playin reprise encore. I missed that epic closing " I guess it doesn't matter anyway." That being said, the segue was nice and the reprise was a powerful conclusion to the show. I had seen them do that splitting of help/slip/frank before as well. I too think it works better as a combo. Don't get me wrong, I thought the shows were off the hook. The O1 from night one was worth the trip alone, not to mention the most insane althea i've ever heard. And don't get me started on the dark star>st stephen>unbroken(botched lyrics and all)>dark star>fotm from night 2. Pure sickness.

Hey man were you sitting next to Sunshine Sue when we walked by right before the show started Friday??
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
stricken
Gold Boarder

#197089 1 year, 6 months ago
Can anyone tell me if bobby was playing a new blue guitar with the f hole design lightning bolt?? or is this something ive missed in the past.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#197109 1 year, 6 months ago
stricken wrote:
Can anyone tell me if bobby was playing a new blue guitar with the f hole design lightning bolt?? or is this something ive missed in the past.

I thought the pink modulus was a most excellent axe
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#197142 1 year, 6 months ago
stricken wrote:

that's his blue custom modulus G3FH i think he started playing it around 04. it disappeared for a little while with furthur

“I was adopted, and I finally dug up my birth father about ten years ago. I also discovered I had a half brother named James Parber who was a professional guitarist, but he checked out from spinal cancer before I arrived on the scene. We were just about to go into rehearsals for our first tour as The Dead when my dad gave me James’ old guitar, which turned out to be a ’56 Fender Telecaster. I was mesmerized. It was instant love. The guitar cut through all the traffic in that band really well. The Telecaster sound is all the information you need, and no more, and its slightly more asymmetrical overtone scale made me listen to each note a little differently. That was my main guitar for a number of years. I took what I learned about pickup configuration and scale length from the Telecaster, combined it with the mini-archtop design of my custom Modulus, and came up with the blue Modulus that is now my main guitar. Then, I had my man at Modulus duplicate the Telecaster, because I’m thinking about keeping the original safe at home. I didn’t find that guitar—it fell out of the sky and landed on my lap.”
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#197144 1 year, 6 months ago
i caught bob looking at me in bahston whenever the last time they played there was. he was holding the blue modulus

weirbluemodulus.jpg
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
coskimom
Junior Boarder

#198749 1 year, 6 months ago
Well written about Red Rocks... 31 yrs seein da boyz and my first Saturday night with no Saturday Night )
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#199092 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i caught bob looking at me in bahston whenever the last time they played there was. he was holding the blue modulus

weirbluemodulus.jpg

Haha Bobby was all like "I'll be damned if that dirty hippie don't have a better beard than me"
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coskimom
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#199125 1 year, 6 months ago
I loved all theree nights sat & sunday sound wise to me were the bestest!!!! I loved them opening with here comes the sun danced my face off!!! loved sundays stealtyourface set list very cool we danced with everyone in the whole place that night funnest trip ever soo happy we got to see all out FFF thanks for the cooler sunshine sue it sure came in handy I will post pics soo thanks to strider he told me what link to use.Back home sat monring from the grand canyon an amazing experience .we had elk and mule deer in our campground all over the place rutting season it was sooo beautiful to listen to the males calling all day at night beautiful place .. love to you all
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds